Enoughs enough: Barrett Damian

Remove this Banner Ad

there's allegations that Murphy was sledged by Saints players all day.
How do we know? "What I've been told" is what Purple Flog says.
No proof at all, just what folks have told him.
Did Blues call Jake a "drug cheat"?
did the mysterious non-proven Saints sledging come about as retaliation?
We don't know.

What is not in dispute, is that Murphy either spat on or abused Jake.
From our guys' reactions, it must have been pretty damn bad.
That's what is recorded for posterity and is there on camera.

The preceding stuff is all "he said, she said" and for media to state without proof that it was "family-related"
is promoting and believing gossip, rumour and conjecture, rather than fact.

Seems like saints players were going at Murphy prior to the carlisle incident. Fair enough that Murphy hit back, not the way he did though, lipping off at an injured and down player is shithouse. Ditto avoiding hand shakes after the game.

• What happens on the ground should stay on the ground. Just looking at the vision, Murphy's actions were not ideal but I have seen other players do something like that. St.Kilda players were just backing up their team mate. Their reaction was great to see, especially from their captain. Murphy was obviously agitated about something. I would be amazed if he spat at Carlisle, there is no proof. St.Kilda are turning into a pretty decent football side with an amazing bunch of young talent that is finals bound. Fans should concentrate on that rather than build up an incident that means nothing.
Exactly. They had a biff at pretty much half time, no one got injured. Everyone needs to move on from both supporters sides.

16hqh39.jpg

'I got nuffin, so I make s**t up'
I can't name my sources but I've been led to believe that Barret said that. #journalism

7 News covered the story as St Kilda being in the wrong as well. Said they were unsure at this stage whether Murphy would take the matter further. I don't understand the one-way media treatment of this incident

7 News covered the story as St Kilda being in the wrong as well. Said they were unsure at this stage whether Murphy would take the matter further. I don't understand the one-way media treatment of this incident

Because...you know...St.Kilda o_O

The Murphy party has decided not to pursue the matter
On E5823 using BigFooty.com mobile app

How about " the Saints party" pursue it?
Why a player is allowed to mouth off at an injured player and why the umps allowed the play to continue right in the vicinity when it looked to a
all intents and purposes that Carlisle was knocked out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about " the Saints party" pursue it?
Why a player is allowed to mouth off at an injured player and why the umps allowed the play to continue right in the vicinity when it looked to a
all intents and purposes that Carlisle was knocked out?

It's interesting how if you have a slight scratch on your arm they'll stop the whole game for a good minute, but a player injured, motionless on the ground? Nah, play continues!

It's interesting how if you have a slight scratch on your arm they'll stop the whole game for a good minute, but a player injured, motionless on the ground? Nah, play continues!

Yeah, people were running around right near him and they let play go on. The umpires just all ****ed up though, they could easily have stopped play and let a trainer get out to him.

I'd definitely be asking for a please explain from the umpiring department.
Not like there's only one ump on the ground and it could have been missed.

The "they made me act like an unsportsmanlike campaigner because they were mean to me" defence only works if you have a compliant media.

He will be smart enough to realise by now that his heat of the moment action will have the footy world having a closer look. He was shaken, whatever Carlisle did worked and he will hear more and more every week. I for one certainly do not condone personal sledges, but he will know that this will be a tactic to be applied by most if not every other team.

Now, going after Carlisle would maybe give Carlisle a fine or even a week off, but at what expense ? Making sure that even the last opponent will be aware of how to get him off his game ? And, whether remotely true or not and as despicable as sledging anyone on this may be, would he (or others close to him) really want this story cooking any longer than it will anyway ?

there's allegations that Murphy was sledged by Saints players all day.
How do we know? "What I've been told" is what Purple Flog says.
No proof at all, just what folks have told him.
Did Blues call Jake a "drug cheat"?
did the mysterious non-proven Saints sledging come about as retaliation?
We don't know.

What is not in dispute, is that Murphy either spat on or abused Jake.
From our guys' reactions, it must have been pretty damn bad.
That's what is recorded for posterity and is there on camera.

The preceding stuff is all "he said, she said" and for media to state without proof that it was "family-related"
is promoting and believing gossip, rumour and conjecture, rather than fact.
So what whether Murphy abused him? It is a pretty serious accusation to accuse Murphy of spitting, and that it is pure conjecture. Some person who was half pissed in the stands might have said they saw Murphy spit, but the replay showed all he did was mouth off at Carlisle. Lets move on to next week, this all bull****. Players sledge each all the time. Barret is trying to make a story up out of nothing, like he always does. I say good on St.Kilda for getting under Murphy's skin and good on Murphy for standing up for himself.

hahahahaha, you guys should have a listen to the carlton podcast on sen. Hilarious. It starts with a harrowing story of carlton supporters sitting in the saints members' stand feeling ostracised, apparently it was their worst football experience in their life. Ridiculous woe is me crap. Where is the saints' show?

now they're talking about the actual match, making us sound like a 3peat premiership team - carlton were just so valiant, easily the better team, victims of the umps.. jesus christ. They've clearly been irrelevant for a long time

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back