Everybody's random stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you still talk to us plebs when you are as famous as George Martin?:D

If that ever happens, I'll burn all possible bridges and live in an isolated place in the world only dealing with people who are prepared to come to me.

2c6e8b181d9aeab3eb94213f4f555dc6.jpg

(From memory that is Peter Gabriel's studio).

Don't post pictures of Peter Andre.

If that ever happens, I'll burn all possible bridges and live in an isolated place in the world only dealing with people who are prepared to come to me.

2c6e8b181d9aeab3eb94213f4f555dc6.jpg

(From memory that is Peter Gabriel's studio).

Don't post pictures of Peter Andre.

Picture it now, on an island, just you and a Doctor called Moreau. :bug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that my trip to Europe is taking shape I thought I'd make you all jealous.

Fly to Paris and then spend 5 days there. I think we'll get to Versailles but apart from that we'll be sightseeing and shopping in Paris.

Then we'll head to London for a week. We plan to get out and see Stonehenge, Bath and possibly Cambridge.

We are then going on a Contiki trip which includes 2 nights in Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and a night in Vienna. We will then stay an extra night in Vienna.

We then head to Florence for 3 nights and will spend a day at Cinque Terre before heading to Rome for a week. We will also see Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast.

Finally we spend 3 days in Barcelona and 2 in Madrid before flying home.

Then back to Adelaide for my 10 year school reunion and to go to the Brisbane, Adelaide game.

Can heartily recommend http://www.madmaxtours.co.uk/tours/stonehenge-full-day-tour if you look to combine Bath/Stonehenge, but it'd probably be worth staying overnight in Bath (go to Bath one day, do the tour the following day and then head back to London that evening).

Unless you're renting a car you basically have to join a tour to get to Stonehenge. Bath is better to catch a train to and spend your own time exploring - it's a beautiful city.

More holiday advice;

I'm going to Singapore for a week leaving on Saturday. Accommodation and flights booked.

Any advice of what to see and logistics (travelling, etc) would be appreciated.

More holiday advice;

I'm going to Singapore for a week leaving on Saturday. Accommodation and flights booked.

Any advice of what to see and logistics (travelling, etc) would be appreciated.

Getting around Singapore is easy as hell, their city rail network (the SMRT) is amazing & cheap, taxis are cheaper than ubers too and super clean.

Gardens by the Bay is a cool place to check out and the Botanic Gardens are great to walk around if you've got a few hours, (tbh I spent a good 5 hours there), Sentosa Island is touristy as hell but still cool to check out. The museum is pretty cool, I didn't check out the zoo but I heard good things.

Clarke Quay is good for late night drinks but drinking in general is pretty expensive. Hit up the corner stores & 7/11s!

Tiong Bahru is a cool district to hit up that doesn't get many tourists. Honestly just hit up the street carts & hawker halls as much as you can, they're cheap and the food is dope.

What area are you staying in??

Getting around Singapore is easy as hell, their city rail network (the SMRT) is amazing & cheap, taxis are cheaper than ubers too and super clean.

Gardens by the Bay is a cool place to check out and the Botanic Gardens are great to walk around if you've got a few hours, (tbh I spent a good 5 hours there), Sentosa Island is touristy as hell but still cool to check out. The museum is pretty cool, I didn't check out the zoo but I heard good things.

Clarke Quay is good for late night drinks but drinking in general is pretty expensive. Hit up the corner stores & 7/11s!

Tiong Bahru is a cool district to hit up that doesn't get many tourists. Honestly just hit up the street carts & hawker halls as much as you can, they're cheap and the food is dope.

What area are you staying in??

Cheers for that.

Staying at the swissotel Merchant Court which I think is near Clarke Quay.

How did you cope with the humidity?

Cheers for that.

Staying at the swissotel Merchant Court which I think is near Clarke Quay.

How did you cope with the humidity?

Ah nice one then.

Yeah I didn't at all lol, hide in the many air conditioned malls and trains for as long as you can and bring your own deodorant over, the Asian equivalent of Rexona is weak as hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back