Favourite Airline and why?

Remove this Banner Ad

janiek said:
worst more like a living nightmare :eek: aeroflot

How long ago did you travel on Aeroflot? I bet it was a long time ago. Aeroflot these days is awesome.

janiek said:
theres always aeroflot :eek: ( i flew them once only when i was young & poor, it's worth paying the emirates price to avoid the baggage being pilfered in moscow , the lack of any reserved seat & what passes for toilets in tashkent:D )

That would explain why you have a low opinion of Aeroflot. As I guessed, a long time ago. Also flying within the former SU the service wouldn't be as good as on an international flight, same as Virgin Blue are nowhere near the quality of international flights.

Merpati. Becuase the last time I flew with them from Sorong to Babo the plane did not crash. I was very thankful for that.

map_bintinu_bay_area_375x238.gif

Edit - and yes, Fak Fak is pronounced that way. Kill me Appleyard if you will.

My fav would have to be Singapore.

Great food (im weird, yes i like airline food!), great movies and entertainment and service.

I don't really have a worse airline, after Singapore, they have pretty much been all the same for me.

Do remember a time, on United Airlines, the steward guy was offering everyone coffee. I was unreasonable enough to ask for tea. After receiving the biggest greasy from him, he finally returned with a cup of dirty brown water, that apparently was meant to represent a cup of tea! :D

I travel exclusively on the One World network where possible to Europe, Asia & North America.

I'm an inflight full service snob, and the same goes with the extras on the ground (priority check ins, upgrades, points, business lounges etc).

To Europe, British Airways. More liberal service with the booze and the World Traveller Plus class is excellent value.

Around Asia & to North America - Qantas. Ditto for domestic flights.

Dragon Air & Air China probably the worst I've flown with.

On airports.

Worst - Los Angeles (by a mile), Sydney (International) & Manila
Best - Singapore & Adelaide (the new terminal)

Lidge said:
Worst - Manila

I agree 100% on this one. I had to spend eight hours there once because of a delay. There are only one or two shops and there are not even any seats to sit on, just these big square boxes. That was the longest eight hours of my life. I had bought a book for the flight to London but had finished it before we even got on the plane. :thumbsdown:

Best Airport - Hong Kong

Every time I pass through there I wonder why things can't be as efficient at other airports.

Plus...the way you can check your bags in in the city hours before you even get to the airport is brilliant.

Here's a tip. Always and I mean ALWAYS fly with an asian carrier if you have the opportunity.

It may have something to do with the fact that it still maybe considered a glamourous job in asia, but the hosties are always young, good looking and will do almost anything for you. The planes in most cases tend to be fairly new, with the latestest technology ie personal TV etc. and as stated before for some strange reason there seems to be more leg room.

If you want old aircraft, ugly, old, burnt out flight attendants who it seems that every little request you ask of them is met with distain, perhaps 1 tv at the front showing a toilet movie, then by all means fly Qantas, BA, Lufthansa or most of the other European or American airlines.

Papa G said:
Here's a tip. Always and I mean ALWAYS fly with an asian carrier if you have the opportunity..

If you're under 6" tall.

Their seats are designed for short people. Cathay Pacific have the plugs for head phones on the inside of their arm rests (digging into your legs)

Not nice when you're 6'4" and a fair sized unit.

I avoid 'em where possible.

Atticus said:
Cathay Pacific

Food quality (for airline food)
Service with a smile

and the best of all.......

Personal TV's for every passenger so you choose what you watch

That would be my pick. I had some great food, and of course the tv's are great, their choice of FREE alcohol was awesome, any kind of scotch or bourbon you wanted. I also like asian ladies.

Atticus said:
Best Airport - Hong Kong

Every time I pass through there I wonder why things can't be as efficient at other airports.

Plus...the way you can check your bags in in the city hours before you even get to the airport is brilliant.

Yeah i didnt mind HK airport. Very clean and efficient. Pity they let down my new Cardiff City soccer ball because they thought it was a bomb!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although not having been to all airports I rate Zurich the best, it's Very modern, smallish, never busy, flights to and from are empty = more space, Train station underneath, Customs is a breeze actually they dont take it seriously! the baggage carts go on escalators which gives you a heart attack at first but it works.

Incheon seoul is very good, it's big but modern and very technically advanced and free internet is around too.

Rome fco aint great the wrost ive been to very old and not clean. Apart from rome all airports ive been to in Europe have been pritty good and modern.

RoosterLad said:
Yeah i didnt mind HK airport. Very clean and efficient. Pity they let down my new Cardiff City soccer ball because they thought it was a bomb!

Im off there in 5 weeks...so I should leave mine at home?:D

I know this is a 'best' thread, but the worst for mine was Thai....absolutely no on board entertainment, small seats, temperature all wrong, the only saviour were the flight attendents who where quite easy on the eye....and the great beer.

Cathay Pacific with all its bells and whistles next month.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back