Feelings?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm tired today. Moping around like a kid who got the crappy present for Christmas. Every time I turn on fox footy, the game is on. I started to watch it but just couldn't. I will watch it again, when it's not so raw. I'm still so proud of those boys. They left everything out on that field last night. Absolutely everything. I love them to bits for that. I think most of us were dreading the ten goal + defeat - hell, every man and their dog said we'd be done by at least that. I'm grateful that they made idiots out of the 'experts'.

Shattered we lost but so proud we took it up to everyone and almost stole a spot in the big one. Lots to look forward to next year.

Sando took a huge step forward in his development as a coach too I thought. Made all the right moves to give us the best shot to win.

I feel disapponited at the loss, but the boys played out of their skins. Our game was far from perfect, clangers etc, and we would have needed a perfect game to win.
We have a solid foundation on which to build the future.

I also feel that we did not choke. We gave the game a bloody good shake and unfortunately came up short. Umpires did effect the game, made it ugly, cost us the run of play and lost momentum means a lot. But we can't just blame the umps.

I also think the team earned a lot of respect after 2 horror (laughable) years of pathetic football.

I was gutted as the siren went, hawks fans rising around me. But then I was overwhelmed with pride, especially looking down and seeing dogga leave the field a champ. Never really felt the anger at the umps, partly because this is the first time I've been on the net since its finished and I haven't had a chance to watch the replay yet either. Although there were a few poor decisions, I felt like it they didn't decide the game. Each to their own though.

My hawks supporting brother left our seats after stiffy kicked truly to go to the closest bar and check the amount of time left. I went to find him after the game had finished to see him at the entrance to our bay with tears rolling down his cheeks. I went up, hugged him and said "you got out of jail there mate, make the most of it next week."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back