Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

pauld

Senior List
Dec 26, 2004
Other Teams
carlton
:confused: I know this is a hot topic but should we go all out to secure Fevola ?
I gather from his interviews that he will re-sign with the Blues but logically is holding out for the best deal.
Can we afford to pay him the figure he wants or should we just let go, get what we can for him, and put in a kid or two to fill that role, kids we target for that purpose in the draft ?
I like Fevola and know he brings an image to the club, but we really need to turn things around and go for youth and target players we need. What is painfully obvious is that we do not have a good tall at full back. Week after week our short defence is exposed, and not only are they too short, but not aggressive enough either a la Archer.
Last season our tackling was a highlight, this season the amount of times a Blue lamely throws out an arm to tackle to have it knocked away is very poor indeed.
The seconfd chance players really put in last season, to a man this season they have not.
I hope O'Haillpin can come in for 2006 as a good tall, but we need more.
Hopefully the draft will be kind to us and we dont target too many players of the same kind again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back