Financials

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely some positives in those numbers.

GWS fans spending more on membership and attendance than four Sydney-based NRL clubs.

GWS has more sponsorship than all but one Sydney-based NRL club.

Total revenue leaves a bit to be desired, but I imagine there's a lot of pokies money in those bigger numbers, so it's best not to be associated with that anyway.

All-in-all, GWS clearly embedded in the Sydney market.

Definitely some positives in those numbers.

GWS fans spending more on membership and attendance than four Sydney-based NRL clubs.

GWS has more sponsorship than all but one Sydney-based NRL club.

Total revenue leaves a bit to be desired, but I imagine there's a lot of pokies money in those bigger numbers, so it's best not to be associated with that anyway.

All-in-all, GWS clearly embedded in the Sydney market.
Would love us to have a “club house” at Olympic Park. Doesn’t need to have pokies.
While I respect that, I do find it strange we have made that choice but we are happy with sports betting….
Governments are coming for them hard so I guess we may as well be ahead of the game.

Would love us to have a “club house” at Olympic Park. Doesn’t need to have pokies.
While I respect that, I do find it strange we have made that choice but we are happy with sports betting….
Governments are coming for them hard so I guess we may as well be ahead of the game.

Will the Tom Wills redevelopment have a clubhouse feel at all (minus the pokies).

I guess the bigger issue (I think) is that Olympic Park is pretty quiet during non-game times, so there wouldn't be a lot of foot traffic.

Will the Tom Wills redevelopment have a clubhouse feel at all (minus the pokies).

I guess the bigger issue (I think) is that Olympic Park is pretty quiet during non-game times, so there wouldn't be a lot of foot traffic.
Don’t think so. The redevelopment is more to allow AFLW and VFL games to be played there and an expansion on the training facilities, I think/hope.

Yeah but that’s not because of anything other than there isn’t much there. Plenty of businesses are based around the area and plenty tourism go through there. Add a footy club, more cafes etc etc and people will show. How it isn’t a “Live site” I’ll never know.

A $2.75 million loss, ($900k more than projected).

But positive signs with the new Giants stadium deal, quickest ever time to reach 30k members, and last week’s Opening Round game against Collingwood now our highest-ever revenue game at Giants Stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back