Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as highly as people here as just said solid depth with some upside for 2025..?
With respect, people here know Jack shit in comparison to the club.

Fin has a contract for 2025.

He’s rated.

You can't delist everyone not in the best 26. He's good enough to stay on the list but not good enough to play AFL right now
So, he is rated by the club as being a player who is good enough.

Thanks for clarifying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With respect, people here know Jack s**t in comparison to the club.

Fin has a contract for 2025.

He’s rated.
Really ....... didn't the same club extend Nathan Kreuger's contract for this year?
That's a stroke of genius .....maybe the work experience person made that decision.

We agree that it’s too early to write Fin off.

He will get some more chances.
He will get some more games over 2024/5 but will need to make most of them

I personally view him similar to Bianco (who i would have kept for one more season as solid mid depth). I think the club view him slightly higher than they did Bianco

Really ....... didn't the same club extend Nathan Kreuger's contract for this year?
That's a stroke of genius .....maybe the work experience person made that decision.
Krueger was extended to this year because he showed a bit in the VFL, and we are short on KPFs.
The club could not have foreseen his injuries.

Bad example.

He will get some more games over 2024/5 but will need to make most of them

I personally view him similar to Bianco (who i would have kept for one more season as solid mid depth). I think the club view him slightly higher than they did Bianco
I wouldn’t be comparing him to Bianco.

Feel for him, lesser players have been given greater opportunities. Granted he hasn’t been the best in the 1’s but he’s clearly a level above VFL and will only get better with some sustained exposure at AFL level.
Who?

Why? Bianco has been doing well in VFL, hope he gets picked up by someone. Wont be us though, doesnt fit the way we play
They are not similar players.

It’s not the pre season. We are fielding the best team we think can win the game.

Selection seems pretty logical to me. Sullivan more like-for-like for Mitchell, Markov into defence to free up Crisp, Pendles and NDaicos from that responsibility to replace JDG. Crisp especially. He's a 2x Copeleand trophy winner as a midfielder after all, who has been getting reduced midfield exposure this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back