Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he did play some stoppage against Adel? Was that just the around the ground rather than centre square?

Our midfield has been on fire the last 3 weeks - we'd be nuts to move from Pendles, Crisp and Nick as the mainstays - but someone will rotate for them - Sullivan has done most of it the last fortnight - but Lippa nd Macrae are other options, McCreery also if we want someone a bit more dynamic.

To win through this block with no forwards, we need to be putting our best midfield out there - the VFL arguments for Finn apply equally to Sullivan and Sullivan has looked stronger in AFL contests - so he'd be my go to before Finn.
Sullivan acquitted himself well against some quality opposition. He is capable. There's something to be said for more mature recruits... they aren't afraid to throw it all oput there and, perhaps, they are more assured becuase of their maturity?
Either way, I can't see Sullivan (or Richards for that matter) being displaced anytome soon.

I feel for the boy. He just seems to always be on the cusp but just never able to really make a mark.

Undoubtedly he’s too good for VFL. But not quite sold if he’s an AFL player. He’s falling somewhere in-between.

Always wonder though if given more time and opportunity, he would be able to make it. But I understand why he doesn’t get to have those opportunities. We’re in the business of winning games. Have to put the best team possible out there. Why we didn’t play the kids last season. We won the flag.

Can’t help but feel for him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s unfortunate but something is amiss with the bloke.
It can’t be worked out on the track or at vfl level.
He’s not super quick and kicks blindly when under pressure.
Some guys are just destined to be caught in the middle.
Wil Parker has already gone past him

It’s unfortunate but something is amiss with the bloke.
It can’t be worked out on the track or at vfl level.
He’s not super quick and kicks blindly when under pressure.
Some guys are just destined to be caught in the middle.
Wil Parker has already gone past him
yep my sentiments too in my post above. He’s in some middle ground limbo state where he’s not quite clicking at AFL level, but he looks like a superstar that doesn’t belong in the VFL.

My take is it will be Parker or Richards. Depending on whether or not we play one of the kpds forward.
Hopefully it's Parker. Richards creates scoring opportunities when he touches the pill, so the longer he is out there the better our chances of hitting the scoreboard.

Having three tall forwards at once in the forward line comes with risk. We won't be sucked in to worrying about that. They can't all go up for the mark together because they would have to mark every forward entry. God help them if the ball goes to ground with 3 big fellas there. I think Fly will be licking his lips at the thought of that. Maynard will take the third tall, which Freo won't go through anyway. The game will be won in the middle and from our forward pressure. I can see Frampton playing forward on Pearce as this is where they start a lot of their attacks. I could be way off but we haven't worried about sides playing 3 tall forwards since Fly has been there and let's face it, Amiss and Tracy are no superstars. Our main concern will be to stop Jackson doing his thing and our defensive system will handle that with aplomb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back