Player Watch Finlay Macrae

Remove this Banner Ad

Could it be that we see him as valuable depth?. He's contracted for next year and there isn't a spot for him this week. Someone might be interested in him, which is a good reason to have him on the books. If no one else wants him, then we'll just keep him. Maybe they see a role for him next year. I have no idea if he'll make it. Just not sure we should be jumping to conclusions just yet
I think it says something that despite his VFL performances and age, we just can't find a regular spot for him.
He may instigate a trade for opportunity or another club may have some interest in him, and I don't think we will step in his way

I’ve been a supporter but….

Even when he got an opportunity in the past two weeks he got limited minutes in the middle. As a result he had a lower possession game or two playing high half forward and obviously made way for mccreery.

But the large number of young players coming in and making a far greater impression, combined with being unable to keep his spot despite two debutants coming in this week…..reckon the writings on the wall.

Still has every chance to make it but maybe at another club.

I’ve been a supporter but….

Even when he got an opportunity in the past two weeks he got limited minutes in the middle. As a result he had a lower possession game or two playing high half forward and obviously made way for mccreery.

But the large number of young players coming in and making a far greater impression, combined with being unable to keep his spot despite two debutants coming in this week…..reckon the writings on the wall.

Still has every chance to make it but maybe at another club.
Has Sullivan really taken Finn’s spot? I have doubts. Last week Sullivan had 1 Clearance - same as Finn.
Finn had more tackles and 20 Pressure Acts.
Sullivan needs far more emphatic performances in the middle to put Finn in his wake.

Has Sullivan really taken Finn’s spot? I have doubts. Last week Sullivan had 1 Clearance - same as Finn.
Sullivan needs far more emphatic performances in the middle to put Finn in his wake.
it’s not just Sullivan vs Macrae. He’s gone back in the pecking order and wasnt very high up in the first place. He didn’t look nearly as sharp with his disposals as a number of other young/ new players out there.

To be dropped for two debutants Allan and Parker is telling.

it’s not just Sullivan vs Macrae. He’s gone back in the pecking order and wasnt very high up in the first place. He didn’t look nearly as sharp with his disposals as a number of other young/ new players out there.

To be dropped for two debutants Allan and Parker is telling.
With Beau back to take Finn’s position his demotion was inevitable.
That Parker took the sub position over Finn is probably less understandable.

Think Sullivan has definitely leapfrogged Fin

On what basis given his ordinary recent stats. One clearance last week is hardly making his case, given how much times he was in stoppage and CB’s.
Sullivan does better than Macrae in just about every category? And averages almost 3x the amount of clearances Fin does?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way too premature to say Sullivan has leapfrogged Finn is all I’m saying.
I don't think either of them will make it long term. Both are capable footballers at VFL level, but you need a genuine 'weapon' to make it long term in AFL: speed, endurance, strength, kicking, tackling, ...
I don't see anything which sets either of these apart from a stack of other players.

Are you saying that Beau in taking Finn’s HF spot, the later should have been shifted to the wing?
No. I'm saying that we didn't have a wingman go out. We created a spot on the wing by playing Lippa forward more often than he had the previous fortnight and Josh at centre bounce a fair bit. We dropped Finn from the role he was playing and replaced it with Josh and Lippa in order to bring in Allan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back