Media Fold the Furies

How should EJW respond

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OPINION

The Furies should fold.

The embattled club, who already submitted a team sheet late what feels like days ago, have again submitted a late team sheet in the early hours of this morning.

omgfridge posted the late team despite not even being allowed to play. Perhaps someone seemingly so shocked by a fridge shouldn’t be in charge of a qootball club. Blame must also fall on co-Captain James Colorado and other members of the so-called ‘leadership’ group.

This is an inexplicable failure on multiple counts.

Firstly, submitting a team is the core function of a captain. They hardly have to do much else to be classed as even halfway serviceable. Once per week, that’s the bare minimum!

Secondly, the team sheet submission deadline was pushed back a few hours to provide even more time for submission in a ridiculous bend to the West Australian w***ers. Less excuses.

Third, they have two bloody captains! Couldn’t even commit to one. And a 5 person leadership group’ who no doubt do nothing except have LG in brackets next to their names.

Fourth, their list sucks anyway. A mix of incapable leaders and washed up nobodies.

Folding may be harsh. Perhaps too harsh. But this is a test for Elton Johns Wig in his new reign. At the bare minimum, a forced spill of leadership positions at the Furies is required. If that won’t fix them, fold them.

OPINION

The Furies should fold.

The embattled club, who already submitted a team sheet late what feels like days ago, have again submitted a late team sheet in the early hours of this morning.

omgfridge posted the late team despite not even being allowed to play. Perhaps someone seemingly so shocked by a fridge shouldn’t be in charge of a qootball club. Blame must also fall on co-Captain James Colorado and other members of the so-called ‘leadership’ group.

Firstly, submitting a team is the core function of a captain. They hardly have to do much else to be classed as even halfway serviceable. Once per week, that’s the bare minimum!

Secondly, the team sheet submission deadline was pushed back a few hours to provide even more time for submission in a ridiculous bend to the West Australian w***ers. Less excuses.

Third, they have two bloody captains! Couldn’t even commit to one. And a 5 person leadership group’ who no doubt do nothing except have LG in brackets next to their names.

Fourth, their list sucks anyway. A mix of incapable leaders and washed up nobodies.

Folding may be harsh. Perhaps too harsh. But this is a test for Elton Johns Wig in his new reign. At the bare minimum, a forced spill of leadership positions at the Furies is required. If that won’t fix them, fold them.

Only if we merge them with the Rats

OPINION

The Furies should fold.

Merge them with The Dragons

Their team could easily be spread out among the remaining 12 clubs, restoring order to this league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least when I was skipper, the only thing I forgot was a few colons.
Okay if you're a year 8 English teacher. Not so much if you're a surgeon.

I think okeydoke7 should retire, but we don't always get what we want in life...
You see, it took you only 8 minutes to reply to my thread. Yet Furies Leadership couldn’t post a team in the days they were given. Twice. Unfit to continue as is and intervention is needed, whether that’s folding the club, merging the club or spilling the leadership group. Elton Johns Wig must show strength in this unprecedented situation in which we have a rudderless group on the path to nowhere.

And I don’t blame you for wishing for my retirement. I’m insufferable. 13 goals in two weeks has only added to my sense of worth. It must be infuriating for others to have to watch me bask in my own glory.

Do you know what unprecedented means?

I'm guessing by your use, you do not.
Oh I do. And I’ve been around since Season 9 and have never seen an organisation as rudderless as the Furies. The once powerful are now hapless and intervention is needed.

A hostile takeover is another option. I orchestrated one to save the Royals back around season 16 or so.

Oh I do. And I’ve been around since Season 9 and have never seen an organisation as rudderless as the Furies. The once powerful are now hapless and intervention is needed.

A hostile takeover is another option. I orchestrated one to save the Royals back around season 16 or so.
We (OOBs) lost 10pts last season.

Unprecedented.

We (OOBs) lost 10pts last season.

Unprecedented.
Its not losing points that’s unprecedented.

It’s doing it in this fashion with such a poor squad with precisely no leadership. It’s the disgraceful leadership on display at this club. I was quite clear about what was ‘unprecedented’ and it wasn’t a points penalty. Its the very real risk that a once powerful club folds because of horrendous administration (at club level, not league level).

As mentioned, how a guy so apparently shocked by the appearance of a fridge can be made Co-Captain is beyond me.

Back