Competitions Football/soccer thread 2015/16 (including fantasy league)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was about time to start this again with under 2 weeks till the EPL season starts and not too long until the rest of the big leagues start too.

Then there's the A-League too which should be bigger then ever.

As always I've created a fantasy league on the official EPL fantasy site, all aboard;

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

League Name; FPL 2K15/16

Code; 157548-121924

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, Newcastle have actually spent money, yep I'm as shocked as anyone. Wijnaldum and Mitrovic are two quality pick ups, all we need now is another striker, 3-4 more mids and a defense.:drunk::)

Popular thread this.:drunk:

Anyway, the EPL season kicks off tomorrow night, feel free to join the fantasy league above, numbers are growing, should have over 50 in the league by tomorrow.

Newcastle kick off at home against Southampton, not an easy start but one we should get at least a point out of.

Popular thread this.:drunk:

Anyway, the EPL season kicks off tomorrow night, feel free to join the fantasy league above, numbers are growing, should have over 50 in the league by tomorrow.

Newcastle kick off at home against Southampton, not an easy start but one we should get at least a point out of.

Looking forward to the United v Newcastle game on 22 Aug. it's the early game too.

Looking forward to the United v Newcastle game on 22 Aug. it's the early game too.
Oh yeah, can't wait for that one, I'll be like;

Starting to love Manchester United more than Collingwood. Is that a problem?

Just put $50 for them to win the premier league @$5.50 at sportsbet.

Need a good striker and Centre back first but I have faith we'll get one before the transfer window closes. Good riddance to Di Maria.

I joined your fantasy league.

go Liverpool! :thumbsu::$

Coutinho and Sturridge to score 50 goals each for a tied Golden boot.

Watch us ski our way to a 19th championship finishing with 114 points.

Starting to love Manchester United more than Collingwood. Is that a problem?

Just put $50 for them to win the premier league @$5.50 at sportsbet.

Need a good striker and Centre back first but I have faith we'll get one before the transfer window closes. Good riddance to Di Maria.

I joined your fantasy league.

Di Maria was a massive bust. Still not convinced by the playing style. We need to get back to attacking football, that the United way.

Di Maria was a massive bust. Still not convinced by the playing style. We need to get back to attacking football, that the United way.

Di Maria oozes talent but just didn't fit into the structure at United and had a shocker of a year with injuries and the robbery in his house which affected his mental state and personal life, very weak of him to just want to escape it all and not fight to become a United legend. He now becomes one of (if not) the most expensive player(s) in history. I think he'll do well at PSG but we'll move on down at United because if you don't buy into the United spirit there's no hope for you, like LVG said at the end of last year 'This team has a lot of spirit' and that's why De Gea was dropped for tonight's game against the Spurs, because you can't have one player dragging the team down with their attitude and if Di Maria wasn't going to ship up then it wouldn't have been worth keeping him anyway.

I'm barracking for man u this season. I seem to change each year just who ever I like. last year it was everton. I'm also like watford, I think i'm allowed to barrack for united and watford because one's at the top one's at the bottom. but yeah ever since I saw this I've liked watford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that first game wasn't exactly a classic. Man U off to a good start though unlike last season.

And Chelsea only managed a draw. Good start. Shame Villa beat Bournmouth.

And Chelsea only managed a draw. Good start. Shame Villa beat Bournmouth.
Yeah, Arsenal and Man City eyes would have lit up after that draw.

Good starts for Leicster and Palace too, reckon Crystal Palace might push the top 7-8 for a Euro spot.

Newcastle game tonight, I'd be happy with anything other then a loss, we have a tough start to the season over the first few weeks.

A-League related but I saw on the Victory website I can get a concession country membership, 8 games for $80.
It's strange that they don't offer that to metropolitan based fans too.

Last year I asked Melbourne City if they'd do a reduced game membership package for those living within the "non country" areas and they said they were thinking about. They didn't introduce it till there was only 6 games left.

If you want to entice new fans to a growing sport, offer them reduced game memberships, the Storm and the Rebels do it.

It's strange that they don't offer that to metropolitan based fans too.

Last year I asked Melbourne City if they'd do a reduced game membership package for those living within the "non country" areas and they said they were thinking about. They didn't introduce it till there was only 6 games left.

If you want to entice new fans to a growing sport, offer them reduced game memberships, the Storm and the Rebels do it.
Victory are offering a 5 game membership but as far as I can tell the only category they are offering it to is Adults (for $130). That doesn't make it particularly appealing to my friends who may as well just buy concession tickets to each game.

Just over an hour until Newcastle (and Arsenal, Southhampton and West Ham) kick off for the new season.

As always with Newcastle let the rollercoaster ride begin.

Let the rollercoaster begin where the same teams with the most money win every year, just like for the past 2 decades ;)

I prefer Spanish football a lot more than the EPL but I still follow it a fair bit.

My top for this season is:
1- Chelsea
2- Arsenal
3- Manchester United
4- Manchester City

Tottenham could replace us in fourth spot. I love listening to Liverpool fans thinking they can make the top 4 even finish 3rd this season. There is no difference between Liverpool supporters and Essendon supporters.

COUTINIHOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nah what a shite game that was! I'll take a 1-0 win over a 6-1 loss. Will do the boys good mentally to get over that hurdle straight away! Bourmouth at home next week. SHOULD be another 3 points but we seem to make everything hard :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back