Footy Star Update

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to hold off any news for a few days, but seeing as though you asked for it, I may as well mention what I'm up to now.

Basically, my momentum on finishing off the update has picked up considerably in the past week, and I'm now flying along. Just a couple of hours ago I finished the last bit of the team features, getting the pesky finals series done. :D
The more realistic match engine was of course the first thing I did, about a month ago, and the more I try it out the happier I am with it. The team match engine is also working the way I like. It's going to take into account team strength in what I believe is a very accurate way, and each season you will see different teams at the top of the ladder, within reason of course (You wont see a team go from 16th to 1st in consecutive seasons, unless there are some major upsets).
Regarding the AFL Draft and Draft Camp, this will be my major project now and will be very simple to implement compared to the monster that was the team features (Let me say I don't envy the creators of TAR, Footy Fanatic and Coach's Box) :)
Finally, some changed have taken place in the game colours (Generally minor changes), and some major improvements will be happening to the website, including a forum so that this game isn't so Big Footy dependent. A poor looking but serviceable logo has been whipped up too would you believe!

One thing I should mention is that the planned extra local leagues will be put on hold and released in a smaller update. I'm still considering whether I should include the extra 'secret' feature I made mention of a couple of times in the big update, or complete it later...

Anyway, what you're after is probably a release date. I dislike naming specific dates, but I will be aiming for a release within the next 7 days. At that point I'll get the game tested by a few people, and it should be available for download a few days later.
If you're interested in helping me test the game during those few days, contact me with your email address and I'll put you on 'the list'. I'm looking for around 10 more people, just a group small enough that I can deal with everyone personally. :)

I think that just about covers it. Thanks for the interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back