Footy star

Remove this Banner Ad

After my first season in the AFL, I won a couple of awards and then got a run time error '424' and the game crashed.

And Collingwood won the Grand Final, perhaps a bit of realism would be a good idea ;)

Same here longy, straight after grand final in the AFL it bombed out.

Funny moment, i made some money but selling an autobiography when i was still playing local reserves :D, who the hell would buy that!

Yeah leafie, I have the same problem, and this was just after I got drafted into the AFL (at the end of the season).

Stevolution said:
The coaching option sounds awesome. Have you thought of maybe extending that out to a captian/coach type of thing? Found a few more things. Hope I'm not being too picky. I can see you worked hard on making this game.

1. When I was suspended I got matches of my sentance for matches my team wasn't involved in (finals)

2. When you work your way up to getting McDonalds as a sposor it often comes up saying sportswear by default instead. Nothing major. Just something I noticed.

3. Won B&F for team when I got suspended. I figured seeing how suspensions are random I might be supposed to be this way but thought I should mention it.

4. Gained an injury in a match me or my team weren't involved in (grand final)

5. Jumper quality increased to 101 at one stage after event.

Just finshed my 9th season and got drafted to Richmond (YES!) in the 3rd round of the draft. I was pretty average at the draft camp which I thought was pretty cool. I'm guesing it works as an audit of the skills you've picked up while playing in the state league. I reckon I should have spent some money on training. Hehehe.

I'm off to play. Thanks again for making such an awesome game. :)
1. This has been fixed, now suspensions and injuries will appear at the conclusion of your team's match.

2. Good spot, I think it was all supposed to be changed to SportsWear, but I seem to have only done half a conversion... The actual bonus effect of it is a bonus to your match gear, so I'll make it SportsWear rather than McDonalds (more fitting sponsor for a footy player than Maccas anyway)

3. Yeah certainly not supposed to happen. I made sure that you couldnt win the Brownlow if you had been suspended, Best and Fairest awards just never enetered my mind. I'll fit it up now.

4. See 1.

5. If any of the stats increase above 100, they should automatically return to 100. If it did return before long then I'm not fussed, if it stayed at 101 though let me know, as it will have to be fixed.

And yeah, draft and draft camp takes a few factors into account, what they are is all fairly logical ;)
And don't worry about being too picky, the pickier the better, just makes it a better game really.

Longy/meh: I had a look at the problem, it was easy enough to find and its been solved.

Roo_fan/Leafie: I'll keep having a look at this problem, no doubt I'll have it fixed before long :)
*Edit:* Alrighty, problem is solved. Turns out when the game was loading it was trying to divide by 0, which of course creates an error... Unfortunately the code was telling it to basically stop what its doing if an error popped up. Anyway, its fixed

Sorry about that metalli, thats the same error as the one mentioned above by Longy and meh. It has been fixed and it should work fine in the updated version that I'll release once testing is done (Keep the feedback rolling in everyone, as soon as there are no new bug reports I'll release the updated game)

Mahama said:
3. Yeah certainly not supposed to happen. I made sure that you couldnt win the Brownlow if you had been suspended, Best and Fairest awards just never enetered my mind. I'll fit it up now.

Just on that.
Being suspended doesn't stop a player from winning their club best and fairest award.

It doesn't at any AFL club, nor does it at any club I've played football at.

It does stop you from winning competition best and fairest awards though (IE Brownlow).

Hopefully no one finds anymore glitches so Mahama can release the full version. The only other glitches I've come across lately was the saving before the start of season glitch which someone else already pointed out and a glitch that's part from the double team glitch in which you sign for the team that's space gets taken over by the second duplicate team. The result being that you don't get a game for them but like I said that's just part of the first glitch.

I put my stats up to 200 overall so I could advance quickly to the AFL so I can see if I get the same error some others have gotten. I'm guessing each career is different accuracy wise because in some careers I as real accurate and others I was real inaccurate. Anyway, here's my stats.

-STATS-
Disposals: 503
Goals: 133
Behinds: 138
Most Disposals: 27
Most Goals: 9
Average Disposals: 21.0
Average Goals: 5.5

-AWARDS-
BOGs: 8
Brownlow Votes: 5
Most Goals Award
Club Best and Fairest
League Allstar Player

Only 5 votes? Aw man! Actually, I liked that because it adds realism to the game. Gary Ablett was a goal scoring machine but never did that well in the brownlow. I was suprised I didn't win more awards like best rookie, best under 21 or even got to be club captain.

*EDIT*

Ok, didn't get the run-time errors others reported and am now starting second year in AFL for Brisbane Lions. I noticed that for the first few levels no matter how well you're playing you can't ever get the highest sponsor and when you get to AFL level you can get the highest level (Coca-Cola) but the second highest level (Nike) is unavailable for every item but the socks in which it's the other way around. Wow, I sure have made a lot of posts today. Got a day off so I'm kind of bored.

I'm suprised that getting suspended doesn't make you ineligible for club Best and FAIREST... Am I right in saying though that it does make you ineligible for the Rising Star award? (Didn't Corey McKernan lose both the rising star and brownlow due to suspension in seperate years?...)

I have noticed myself that players are a little too inaccurate, I'll fiddle with that a bit, see if I can improve it.
I'm suprised you didn't get any other awards too Stevolution... I'll have a play myself and see if I can win the young awards playing as a full forward. You wouldn't have gotten club captain because (I assume) you're not old enough. In the next version you'll also have to be experienced enough in the AFL ;)

I'll look into those sponsorship problems as well, they'll also be fixed for the update.

Speaking of the update, I'll be releasing it early in the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but i just played two games and my team Broadview won both of them, 3 teams have won 2 out of 2, my % is the second best in the league yet im sitting in 3rd spot??

the new version looks awesome so far, the ladders and other results is a great addition!

[edit] nvm. Disreguard this, somehow got it working.

Download not working for anyone else?
Keep getting the page cannot be found when i click the download site, both the direct link posted here and the one from the new site (yes i notice they point to the same thing)

Sounds good and wanted to check it out

The ladder seems to be having a few problems RoosterLad regarding % sorting not working all the well. I'll attempt to fix it before the weekend, thankfully though its naturally not a very large problem.

Good news for the game too, its seems to be working well. I've just finished my fourth season in the AFL as a 22 year old Full-Forward playing for the Doggies (Drafted by the Kangas :p). With all skills at 200 I kicked 143.94 for the season, got 9 BOG's and in the Grand Final the Bulldogs beat the Cats:

Bulldogs: 1.1 7.3 11.3 16.5 - 101
Cats: 3.5 5.11 10.13 14.16 - 100

I kicked two goals in the final quarter, 6 for the game, so I'll say we won the Grand Final thanks to me :D
Then went and got myself AA, B&F, Coleman and 15 votes in the Brownlow (Winner got 22)...

And no crashes :)

Mahama said:
And no crashes :)

Had you completed maximum training?

Because I have had the crash twice, first time I had completed maximum training in my first season and it crashed, the second time I hadn't completed maximum training until after my second season. It obviously didn't crash after the first season, but did after the second.

This is playing with a version that has had the mentioned bugs fixed Longy. Ive been testing it and, like I said, no other crashed have happened.

I have experienced the crash that you were talking about, and it has been fixed. The updated version can be downloaded early in the weekend.

Yes, I have been planning on announcing it when I did upload it, I was witnessing the Dogs thump the Cats first though ;)

The updated version of Footy Star 1.3 is completed and uploaded for download now.
Footy Star Website
I don't think I've mentioned in this thread exactly what has been added since 1.24, so here's a list:

-The game now automatically saves after every match.
-You can now be invited to the AFL Draft Camp if your season in the State League is good enough and you catch the eye of AFL recruiters.
-Once the Draft Camp is completed, you will move on to the Draft.
-Teams have now been fully introduced! Each week all 8 matches of a round will be played, a ladder will be kept, as well as results, and after 22 rounds a finals series will be played.
-Stats are now far more realistic. Now, just as in real life, it is possible to reach heights such as 40 disposals in a match, however it will be very rare. Likewise, you may find yourself with only 15 possessions for the day, however that will also be a rare occurance if you're a top player.
-Awards, Best on Grounds and Match Ratings have been changed to better suit the above mentioned change.
-Injuries now apply to specific parts of your body. It's also possible to get a serious injury such as a knee-injury.
-Your progressive match rating now shows at the end of each quarter, rather than only at the end of the game.
-A very large amount of bugs have been fixed.
-A few new events have been added.

-You may also notice a few hidden and disabled objects in the new 'Team Details' screen. These are features that will be apart of the planned coaching side of the game. In future, I plan on including the possibility of becoming an AFL coach once you retire from playing.

There are now a number of big features that I want to work on, so they will now become main priority. Obviously if any small fixes need to be done another update will be released.

Have fun ;)

Mahama said:
Yes, I have been planning on announcing it when I did upload it, I was witnessing the Dogs thump the Cats first though ;)

You know, my old man didn't believe me when I said the Bulldogs would be a team to watch in comming years. He goes for the Cats so I reckon he's a believer it's now. Hehehe. I can't wait to give the finished product a go. Have a good weekend man. :)

Lol, thanks for that Balmey ;)

A bunch of new bugs have been reported to me since Saturday, so I'll be releasing another updated version this weekend. Hopefully I can include a new feature or two along with the bug fixes as well.

As the website says, the update will be coming out this weekend (Was going to be last weekend but things got a bit busy). Quite a large list of bugs has been found, so they'll all be fixed up, though probably no new features will be in this update, aside from a few extra events ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back