KP78

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2007
Frankfurt
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Storm Victory GWSP
Sometimes we play to grind, sometimes we take a shot at higher limits, sometimes we drop down to get back to playing for fun, like when we started, sometimes....

Poker is a bit serious for me recently, so I wanted to share a story about a lighter moment, hopefully someone finds it enjoyable, if not the mods know where the delete/lock button is.

I play donkaments mostly these days, couldn't mix it with the big boys once I went up in cash games but found that the standard is low and good spots in tournaments appear frequently.

As soon as I touch alcohol I never play big, so last Tuesday I decided to enjoy a few scotches and enjoy some online poker like when I started playing many moons ago. Not the the details are relevant to the story but entered into an $82 hyper turbo 6 max tourney on Stars looking for some action. (and boy did I get it, had no idea the play in those was at such a level, clearly 6 max hyper turbo requires aggression, but shoving 46o on the button with an M of 15, anyway, I digress)

Went reasonably deep and found myself in a spot that I clearly played incorrectly. (essentially had an 8 outer on the river and hit it for a double up due misread) Villain became quite emotional and my chat log was filled with more ******* ***** *** ******* than I had seen before. (and that I thought I would ever see again but I was wrong again)

Villain went on to explain to me that I was the worst player in history etc before the chat log went as follows:

Me: Sorry for the suckout mate, I am enjoying a scotch and just here to enjoy poker tonight, I understand that you are here for the money, so just let me enjoy my scotch and drunk poker, and you will eventually get my money, deal?

Villian: ******* ****** ******** **** deal

Over the next few hands I proceed to take a little off the villian before a very standard me in the cutoff with A9 proceeds to bust a very unhappy villian in the SB with KJ, all in preflop and nothing of note coming on the board. (tournament getting late, 3.9k first, already final table)

From the observer chat:

Villain> you ****, you ******* ****, I cannot believe I lost to such a **** ******* ****

**** ***** ********* ****** continue for a while...... and I just couldn"t help myself....

Me: I guess from now on, you can call me.........

THE RENEGUER!

Villain: *** * ** * ** ******* * * **

Me: RENEGUER!

It deteriorated from there as you can expect before I busted out in 3rd. I enjoyed the scotch and playing again for fun, but I don't think I would have enjoyed the night half as much without villain. I just really hope he didn't need the win and once the session was over could see the funny side.

Hopefully this story gives at least one person a laugh, if not, at least I kept myself occupied for 5 minutes....

I don't think we should feel sorry for people that lose money they cannot afford to lose. Let me qualify that by adding 'while they are playing'. And that probably wasn't the case here anyway. At least you had some fun.

PS: had to look up reneguer to confirm it meant what I thought it did

PPS: **** * ******* **** !!!

You **** ******* person that bothered to reply to my ******* ****, i should **** you the *** up!

Only kidding of course folks, thanks for replying :)

Really glad someone got some enjoyment from the story, poker is serious (for me) and the chance to drop down and just enjoy playing again for once was really refreshing! I honestly suggest people from time to time turn off Pokertracker and just play a tourney or a cash game for fun. Amazing the reads you can get when you are not 2-16 tabling and relying just on numbers, plus it is just damn fun to get back to the old, 'I just don't think he has it because....' rather than the standard: 'he raises 4% of hands from that position, that flop doesn"t hit his range, his bet/fold flop % is high in this situation, raise blah blah blah.

By the way gents, if anyone is at Crown tomorrow we are heading in for a session, football from 3-6ish, then we will be 2-3/2-5 or 5-10 depending on what I can convince my mates to play. Will be playing loose, if you see a 30ish yo with curly hair with a big stack, ask me if I am KP78!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back