GDFL Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

2 more but I know one of the dads so best not mention names, what will DiBlasio do? Hybens?
Also will McDowell end up with the main gig at North Shore now Darley left them high and dry?
McDowell not a GFL coach. Sorry but just a fact.
Which GFL clubs are Dalton and Casey heading too?

McDowell not a GFL coach. Sorry but just a fact.
Which GFL clubs are Dalton and Casey heading too?

It was Giants or North Shore I believe but who knows....just heard points are out, I know Corio 47, Belmont and Anakie 45, not sure about the others, East would be 45 then probably, the rest will be interesting, Thomson have to go from 42 to 40, Inverleigh and BPH will stay at 40 but with no real juniors coming thru next year will have to replace low point players they have lost with high point recruits you think..... boo hoo Inva and supporters, welcome back to the pack xxx cheers

It was Giants or North Shore I believe but who knows....just heard points are out, I know Corio 47, Belmont and Anakie 45, not sure about the others, East would be 45 then probably, the rest will be interesting, Thomson have to go from 42 to 40, Inverleigh and BPH will stay at 40 but with no real juniors coming thru next year will have to replace low point players they have lost with high point recruits you think..... boo hoo Inva and supporters, welcome back to the pack xxx cheers
This is what l was saying a few posts back. These guys are not "quality" GFL players. Heading to clubs like GWSP and Nth Shore is not a significant step up in local footy. Why don't they try their luck at a club more challenging like Joeys, Marys, Leopold etc.
Lets face it, breaking into the seniors at the bottom few GFL clubs is hardly groundbreaking. These guys will get smashed unless good quality hardened players are around them. Unfortunately GWSP, Nth Shore, St Albans and Lara just don't cut it in grade.
I know they have to recruit and so forth, and it's not these players fault that these sort of clubs approach them, but geez wouldn't you want to try your luck at a club with more success on the horizon?
A club where you have to put in and buy in to what they are trying to achieve!!
Just an opinion but these 2 guys playing at West or Nth Shore does not excite me one iota.

Is donohue confirmed as inverlieghs coach? Seen an article Hutchison seddon and Kennedy hunt leaving. Big holes.

Why cant bph find a coach?

Tarr announced coach with Caleb Baceley, stayed in house......again.
Costello and Podner to Belmont plus Jayden Ettridge off to Apollo Bay with the McLeod bros. (Krock Footy)

Tarr announced coach with Caleb Baceley, stayed in house......again.
Costello and Podner to Belmont plus Jayden Ettridge off to Apollo Bay with the McLeod bros. (Krock Footy)

Interesting they can't attract someone from outside bph when they said they will get someone from outside bph.

My view reading the article tarr and bacley will coach for just one year so they can start looking for a new coach for 2020 before every other club. Just my view

Interesting they can't attract someone from outside bph when they said they will get someone from outside bph.

My view reading the article tarr and bacley will coach for just one year so they can start looking for a new coach for 2020 before every other club. Just my view
Right on the button there i’d say but that being said, most people are well aware the points system was always going to hurt them eventually, they will almost certainly have to slide at some stage and with few juniors they will have to buy players at some stage so welcome to the journey nearly all other clubs have had to deal with

Sorry mate, wrong, soon to be a fact.
Pitman back to North....?
Lots more happening, anyone else got a tip more than my horse that got shot yesterday.
Yes l know. Nth Shore to be winless in 2019.
Lara will beat them. No game plan, no style, no nothing.
Won't even match it with other teams in terms of fitness

If l were BPH, l would be mighty peeved at Ash Witney for poaching ex teammates after accepting the Lions gig and stating he wouldn't be going after former teammates.
Won't get them far, guys like Podnar taking the money then jet setting to club no5 after the Lions.
Pathetic, both of them.

If l were BPH, l would be mighty peeved at Ash Witney for poaching ex teammates after accepting the Lions gig and stating he wouldn't be going after former teammates.
Won't get them far, guys like Podnar taking the money then jet setting to club no5 after the Lions.
Pathetic, both of them.

Poaching?, you kidding?, they didn't want to be there next year AND BPH didnt play them in the Prelim so its not like Ash went after the guns, maybe they rang him? please remind us who you actually follow in the GDFL....Giants took Leamer, that's life pal, the list could go on, check the clearances next year and guys come and go all the time, unfortunately, cheers.

Poaching?, you kidding?, they didn't want to be there next year AND BPH didnt play them in the Prelim so its not like Ash went after the guns, maybe they rang him? please remind us who you actually follow in the GDFL....Giants took Leamer, that's life pal, the list could go on, check the clearances next year and guys come and go all the time, unfortunately, cheers.
Umm, yes poached.
As for Podnar, Where next for him????
Anakie, GWSP, East????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BPH have done very well recruiting players from other gdfl clubs so it would be a bit rich for them to crack the shits.

Don’t reckon anyone at BPH is cracking it? BPH have a lot of room for points still which is a bonus. Played with 15 pts less than Thomson this year.
Thy might not be as strong but cannot see them falling away massively. At the minute it looks like Thomson the a pack of 6-7.
Any news out Winch? They are my pick for premiers if they keep their list and add 3-4.

Don’t reckon anyone at BPH is cracking it? BPH have a lot of room for points still which is a bonus. Played with 15 pts less than Thomson this year.
Thy might not be as strong but cannot see them falling away massively. At the minute it looks like Thomson the a pack of 6-7.
Any news out Winch? They are my pick for premiers if they keep their list and add 3-4.
Thomson to get Jackson Macleod back, along with Jarrod Westwood will be very hard to beat.

Yes they have points to play with but when they only have 50 grand to spend and spend every single bit of that it makes life very hard to recruit when youre not winning flags.

Thomson to get Jackson Macleod back, along with Jarrod Westwood will be very hard to beat.

I dont feel that Thomson are the clearly dominant side going into next year like previous premiers. Very much the same with Modda. Yes both sides were clearly the better on the day but doesnt nessacerily mean that they are going to be untouchable next season. In saying that if they pick up a couple like they have it does make life a bit harder. Wouldnt be suprised if a side from the middle of the pack pops up and creates a bit of havoc next year eg West, Werribee, Winch etc

Fair dinkum please explain further

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its a large step up thats for sure. The pace of the game is the major difference. Itll be interesting to see how a few of those boys go.

I think as long as the player is athletic and young they can make the step up.

Jayden Symes has been outstanding for us since he crossed over from BPH so the opportunity is there if the player takes it.

The best thing for dalton is he can play multiple positions. I have no doubt he will find a position at west to be a good contributor to the club

Absolutely he will be a contributor, im just not sure that he will be the player that he has been at Inverleigh.
In saying that again,(with all due respect) from what I have seen of him, im actually not that convinced he was as important player to Inverleigh as what everyone makes out.

The best thing for dalton is he can play multiple positions. I have no doubt he will find a position at west to be a good contributor to the club

Great young player and lad, he will do well, but from what I hear I doubt he will get to sing the song much and should get a game easy, i reckon he would be regretting signing with the Giants before McDowell got the North Shore job......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back