General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Barracking for India at home sure is a weird feeling. 🤢
Yes, my son said to me who do you want to win the series....my reply- India without hesitation.

I do support the English football side though, I think it stems from watching the old English First division soccer many many moons ago.

Yes, my son said to me who do you want to win the series....my reply- India without hesitation.

I do support the English football side though, I think it stems from watching the old English First division soccer many many moons ago.
Yes this is a very strange phenomenon. So many people I know (Australians) openly barrack for England at the soccer World Cup if we have been knocked out. But only in soccer! It's the reverse for every other sport, where it's anyone BUT England.

I am nothing if not consistent. I think the closest I'd ever come to supporting England is if they were representing Earth and were playing Mars... And even then I don't think I'd be able to watch :straining:

Funny how nearly every soccer fan you meet, if they follow the EPL somehow supports Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea. Might as well barrack for Collingwood... :p
I jumped on the Liverpool Bandwagon back in the 1986 FA Cup/Final.
But I will admit, I don’t really follow it that closely these days.

I jumped on the Liverpool Bandwagon back in the 1986 FA Cup/Final.
But I will admit, I don’t really follow it that closely these days.
Craig Johnstone, right? That, I can at least understand. Same with Leeds supporters.

Craig Johnstone, right? That, I can at least understand. Same with Leeds supporters.
Yep, it was all over main stream media back then in Brissy which is why I jumped on the bandwagon.
Got up and watched it in the middle of the night as a 13-14 year old.
It was on free to air tv back then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how nearly every soccer fan you meet, if they follow the EPL somehow supports Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea. Might as well barrack for Collingwood... :p
Aston Villa because of Bosnich.

Which is funny because I also can't really stand him as a media head these days.

I started supporting Chelsea in the late 60s when I was playing soccer as a pre teen, English Division 1 Soccer was a big thing back then among soccer players, IIRC I chose Chelsea because they wore blue and my younger brother chose Man Utd in red. Here is my dearest Chelsea supporter item, radio coverage of 1970 FA Cup Final, can't listen to it any longer as I don't have a Vinyl record player, much like my DVD box set of our 3Peat... no DVD player.
20240306_113444.jpg

Riley Gaines was on the Joe Rogan Podcast today, she went deep into the Lia Thomas saga, a sad story really, what a joke that Thomas a biological male with fully intact male genitalia was ever allowed to compete against females, disgusting.

Riley Gaines was on the Joe Rogan Podcast today, she went deep into the Lia Thomas saga, a sad story really, what a joke that Thomas a biological male with fully intact male genitalia was ever allowed to compete against females, disgusting.
As an aside to that, some of his recent chats with noticeable guests such as Jordan Peterson, Dr Phil and a few others about children changing their genders and people including their parents enabling these decisions is truly astounding particularly some of the stats about kids changing genders from even as recent as 5-10 years ago let alone 20 is mind blowing. It really is sickening. Can only wait for the explosion of litigation and the rest in years to come. There’s a reason why kids aren’t allowed to do a lot of things and make certain decisions to protect them from themselves and this subject should be no exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back