Opinion Getting to Spotless from Southern Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

PoliceboxDR

Draftee
Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all,

New member here and will be driving from bowral in the southern highlands to spotless games. Could anyone give some advice on parking or if it’s easier to drive to a station and train it in? Please note a 3 year old will be with me haha

Thanks a lot

Adam

A couple recommend driving to Lidcombe and parking there for the train.

Another option is just parking at Homebush and paying the $20-25 for the day. This is definitely the easiest and parking in either section 6 or 1 is convenient to the stadium.

We'll sometimes drive to Concord West and park near the station/park entrance there and walk over. This is a 15-20 minute walk depending on where you park though.

Hi all,

New member here and will be driving from bowral in the southern highlands to spotless games. Could anyone give some advice on parking or if it’s easier to drive to a station and train it in? Please note a 3 year old will be with me haha

Thanks a lot

Adam
We have a season pass for P1, it's definitely preferable to P6, and probably easier with stroller

Hi all,

Thanks a lot

Adam

There’s an after-match function on back at the club after kick-to-kick. The parking station next door to the club is P3.

We normally park in P1 for the games, but if there’s something back at the club after, we’ll park in P3 and walk down. That way, after the game, we don’t have to walk up to the club and then back down to P1 later.

If you’re just going to the game, then P1 is your best option but if you’re coming back to mix and mingle with the players after then P3 is the better option.

We have a season pass for P1, it's definitely preferable to P6, and probably easier with stroller

FWIW I definitely prefer P6 to P1 as it's just across the road from the stadium. ;)

FWIW I definitely prefer P6 to P1 as it's just across the road from the stadium. ;)
I've had a few people say the same, but a) I like bird s**t hitting things other than my car's paintwork, and b) P1 to the entry is about 550m, P6 to the entry is about 500m. I think P6 looks or feels closer perhaps than it really is by comparison at least.
But (a) is really important to me tbh

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it, how does one go about applying for a parking pass?

We drive in from Orange and park at homebush. If you cannot get in P1 (we can most games) p5 is the next option and a courtesy bus is provided. ( my kids love this) With a young one I reccommend this.
Never needed a pass and have been to most home games since we came into the league including the finals we tend to get here well before the game starts.

We drive in from Orange and park at homebush. If you cannot get in P1 (we can most games) p5 is the next option and a courtesy bus is provided. ( my kids love this) With a young one I reccommend this.
Never needed a pass and have been to most home games since we came into the league including the finals we tend to get here well before the game starts.
I feel kind of lazy now with my 10 min bus ride or 30 minute walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back