Great Aussie Nicknames

Remove this Banner Ad

used to work with a girl who had the nickname "stump jumper" ... she was a tad on the "active" side with the fellas as a teenager and everyone thought that was the reason she had that name but the true reason why she got given that name was from when we worked doing night fill at Kmart there was a group of us unloading boxes of fishing equipment to put on the shelf when she comes running up to me (i was the first aider) with this fishing lure stuck on her finger .. the fishing lure was of course a stump jumper lure ... funny enough that was 18 years ago and still to this day that name stuck ...

i myself have had a couple nicknames , usually variations of Trav so Travantula , Travolta ... but one that stuck around for ages was The Minister of .... the background of it was from when i had just got new glasses and the friggin things kept on sliding down my nose so i had this customer a slavic bloke who was a funny lil fecker who decided i looke like a minister of parliment with my glasses on the end of my nose , this then led to some elaborate extentions of the minister depending on what was happening on the day for example i was doing a road trip for work where i was going to be spending a lot of time staying in country roadhouses that turned into "The Minister of fine dining and roadhouse cusine" ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back