Great Dayne

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just looking at seasons averages and if you don't take into account Zorko's 1st sub affected game of 26 (he played about 1/4 from memory) he has averaged just under 122 from his other 8 games and doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon. In fact he looks like he may even take it up a notch in the remaining 7 rounds.

So for arguements sake lets not count Zorko's 1st sub affected game and he is the 3rd highest averaging player so far in 2012!

Swan: 127.23
Ablett: 122.77
Zorko: 121.95 (minus 1st sub affected game)
Boyd: 119.07
..the rest

Simply phenomenal! Current overall average is exactly 100.00 but wouldn't be surprised if it's 110+ by seasons end. Could quite possibly end up a top 6 mid and top 1 or 2 forward on average points per game.

The only downside is that next year he will most probably be a Mid only and have a starting price of 520k+

My question is, will you take the punt and start him as your M3 in 2013 if he keeps up his current form for the remainder of this year and is a mid only next season?

I was just looking at seasons averages and if you don't take into account Zorko's 1st sub affected game of 26 (he played about 1/4 from memory) he has averaged just under 122 from his other 8 games and doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon. In fact he looks like he may even take it up a notch in the remaining 7 rounds.

So for arguements sake lets not count Zorko's 1st sub affected game and he is the 3rd highest averaging player so far in 2012!

Swan: 127.23
Ablett: 122.77
Zorko: 121.95 (minus 1st sub affected game)
Boyd: 119.07
..the rest

Simply phenomenal! Current overall average is exactly 100.00 but wouldn't be surprised if it's 110+ by seasons end. Could quite possibly end up a top 6 mid and top 1 or 2 forward on average points per game.

The only downside is that next year he will most probably be a Mid only and have a starting price of 520k+

My question is, will you take the punt and start him as your M3 in 2013 if he keeps up his current form for the remainder of this year and is a mid only next season?
on the amount of goals he's scored this year, usually at least one and often more per game, they might still keep him as a forward.
He does rest up forward and i would say spends more times there than some of these other MID/FWDS like Robinson, Beams, etc.
Im not sure if i'd take the punt to be honest, champion player but I may try and get him as an upgrade around round 7 next year if he shows he hasnt dropped off in form.

But overall Zorkz is a champion, probab;y my favourite footballer outside of Carlton at the moment. My brother played with him at Broadbeach, one day he kicked 5 goals from the midfield in the first half then was rested in the forward line and kicked another 7, absolute freak of a player, with hard work ethich which equates to the dream team gold mine of tackles, racks up the possies and kicks goals.

Best Dream Team pick up of all time!

Non sub average of 109.25, but your point still stands. Saved everyone a trade for a upgrade.

Beams has no chance of being DPP next year. Since Ball went down he has played predominantly midfield and not the other way around like previous years.

Zorko might share the same fate.

I said before that Zorko is a keeper but he is more than that, he is a DT star and captaincy material.

Anyone that didn't get him in their team at his starting price must be kicking themselves and Dr Dream Team is dumber than Travis Cloke for getting rid of him .

i am ranked just inside the top 200 and am kicking myself for never jumping on him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love having Zorko as back-up! What a gun, even if Stanton is playing this week I will probably put Zorko on the field ahead of him. Lol at people on FF calling for his head after a half of football.

brisbane b&f??

No chance whatsoever.

Not so sure about that, despite missing some early games.

Has really played his team-role, something that will be strongly rewarded, and has barely played a bad game, so should get votes in nearly every game....

Easily top 5 for mine. GUN.

Recipe for Success Call your first born son Dayne, Watch him become elite footballer :)

Either way happy I have him with Franklin out. Goodes will not hold his spot in my 22 when Franklin is fit.

Not so sure about that, despite missing some early games.

Has really played his team-role, something that will be strongly rewarded, and has barely played a bad game, so should get votes in nearly every game....

Easily top 5 for mine. GUN.

Obviously I'm not a Brisbane follower, but does your B+F give votes for the mere fact a player played? Or is it more akin to a Brownlow Medal type count? If the latter, then he may be a chance if he keeps this up I imagine.

Obviously I'm not a Brisbane follower, but does your B+F give votes for the mere fact a player played? Or is it more akin to a Brownlow Medal type count? If the latter, then he may be a chance if he keeps this up I imagine.

Yeah.

I think each player is assessed on how well the coaching staff feel they have down their job/played their role as the main focus, so on that basis, he will score very well, as he has applied pressure with tackles and applied good forward pressure, won lots of his own ball, kicked goals, always works hard and provides a spark and some run, and done a lot of the "one percenters/team things" well beyond just what you see in his DT scores.

So, given what he has done this year, I can see him scoring very well....

I love having Zorko as back-up! What a gun, even if Stanton is playing this week I will probably put Zorko on the field ahead of him. Lol at people on FF calling for his head after a half of football.
As if anyone has him as back up.. Averaging 98 over the last 5 games, averaging 90 for the year, pretty much a guarenteed 90.
Name me the 7 forwards you have on the field ahead of him??

Let me guess, a Martin/Cloke spud is in your forward line getting continuely outscored by Zorkz

As if anyone has him as back up.. Averaging 98 over the last 5 games, averaging 90 for the year, pretty much a guarenteed 90.
Name me the 7 forwards you have on the field ahead of him??

Let me guess, a Martin/Cloke spud is in your forward line getting continuely outscored by Zorkz
Easy, tiger!
Let me clarify. I've had him on the field ever since I traded him in before his initial price-rise, last week I burnt my last two trades to get Fyfe in which would then, assuming a full-strength team (which will not happen for the rest of the year I'm assuming), give me backup of Zorko and Treloar on my mid bench with the ability to swap Zorko in for Dusty if I wanted to. My other forwards are Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Robinson and Chapman.
I didn't mean back-up in the sense of an emergency type job, just in the sense that I have the ability to choose where/when I want to use him, rather than relying on him as a F7, for example this week I can swap him back into the mids to cover the spud Stanton :thumbsu:
He is essentially my F7, M6 or M7, F8 depending on injury's and other factors.

Easy, tiger!
Let me clarify. I've had him on the field ever since I traded him in before his initial price-rise, last week I burnt my last two trades to get Fyfe in which would then, assuming a full-strength team (which will not happen for the rest of the year I'm assuming), give me backup of Zorko and Treloar on my mid bench with the ability to swap Zorko in for Dusty if I wanted to. My other forwards are Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Robinson and Chapman.
I didn't mean back-up in the sense of an emergency type job, just in the sense that I have the ability to choose where/when I want to use him, rather than relying on him as a F7, for example this week I can swap him back into the mids to cover the spud Stanton :thumbsu:
He is essentially my F7, M6 or M7, F8 depending on injury's and other factors.

In other words... Dustin martin is essentially your F7, M6 or M7, F8...

Here he goes again....57pts at half time....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back