Griffen retired

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I have refused to admit it since he left, he was an absolute star for us, and he gave a lot to the club. There were weeks during the McCartney years when I'd come to the footy just to see him play.

It's a shame things turned out the way they did. I don't think I've ever been as shattered to lose a player, and I don't think I ever will be again. I still remember quite vividly the moment a friend told me he was leaving, and I just sat there in disbelief.

As much as I have refused to admit it since he left, he was an absolute star for us, and he gave a lot to the club. There were weeks during the McCartney years when I'd come to the footy just to see him play.

It's a shame things turned out the way they did. I don't think I've ever been as shattered to lose a player, and I don't think I ever will be again. I still remember quite vividly the moment a friend told me he was leaving, and I just sat there in disbelief.
Same. I was at work and thought it was a joke... then I went to afl.com.au and there it was...i wanna in total disbelief. Hey it’s just a game. But at the time it was a kick in the guts. Luckily for us it worked out

Shame how it ended but he was an absolute star. Probably our best player with Lake during the three preliminary finals year and took himself to the next level in 2012-13 while most of his teammates were either kids or rubbish. Was always sure he'd be a one club player but that is football.

Never really got close to his best at GWS which made it easier to deal with his exit. Hope he gets welcomed back to the club in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mixed emotions.
An incredible player in his prime and was one of our only bright lights as a player for a bit there.
Wasn't cut out for leadership, we all know that.
A good career.
Here goes.

I have stated this before on BF.

He is one of the major figures in our 2016 flag.

He brought the Mcartney situation to a head, (and Bevo to the club) and brought Tom Boyd to the club.

Thanks Griff for your 200 plus games and what you did at the end of 2014.

Here goes.

I have stated this before on BF.

He is one of the major figures in our 2016 flag.

He brought the Mcartney situation to a head, (and Bevo to the club) and brought Tom Boyd to the club.

Thanks Griff for your 200 plus games and what you did at the end of 2014.

He didn't bring anyone to the club, he didn't bring anything to a head. He walked out. The people left behind worked on the solutions that lead to the 2016 flag.
He is not a figure at all.

Not sure it means too much to him.

Cogs was holding back the tears and then they show Griffen walking off and he didn't seem to fussed.

In his Ch 7 interview a few minutes ago Griffen said that he loved the Bulldogs. OK

I'll just always remember how hopeless I felt sitting in front of my computer 10000 miles away and seeing the news about his walk out on Big Footy and the online papers.

I'm going to have to think about this one.

We've been invited to post nice things about him in the Ryan Griffen Appreciation Thread on the GWS board. You first...

He didn't bring anyone to the club, he didn't bring anything to a head. He walked out. The people left behind worked on the solutions that lead to the 2016 flag.
He is not a figure at all.
Oh yes he did.

Don’t you remember ?

The club backed Macca straight after the season ended when there was unrest.

Griff walking out brought things to a head and Macca walked.

Not intentional but if he had not have left the Macca situation behind the scenes would have bubbled on creating even more instability.

Macca still would have been coach in 15 and Tom Boyd may not have got to the club.

Oh yes he did.

Don’t you remember ?

The club backed Macca straight after the season ended when there was unrest.

Griff walking out brought things to a head and Macca walked.

Not intentional but if he had not have left the Macca situation behind the scenes would have bubbled on creating even more instability.

Macca still would have been coach in 15 and Tom Boyd may not have got to the club.
Forcing others to find solutions is not equal to claiming part of the credit for the solutions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back