Hampden league 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't Portland be far too strong for the Western Border now?
Portland played North Gambier in a practical match at the start of the year and won... just. North won the premiership this year, they looked pretty good to me.

My memory is probably not going to work that one out... wasn't Brad from Geelong originally, might have even played ressies or U/19 or something for them. Pretty sure he is still in the area although I'm a fair way away these days and can't keep up with all that. Fair few guys were playing both up north and down south back then.

ODE TO NOEL MUGAVIN - Number 35

My trip to Warrnambool was made complete,
I saw Noel Mugavin crossing Banyan Street,
He was a Royboy whose boots weren’t fleet,
Unlike “The Flea” with skills replete,
He’d drop the ball and trip over his feet,
But my heart grew light and skipped a beat,
When I saw Noel Mugavin crossing Banyan Street.

ODE TO NOEL MUGAVIN - Number 35

My trip to Warrnambool was made complete,
I saw Noel Mugavin crossing Banyan Street,
He was a Royboy whose boots weren’t fleet,
Unlike “The Flea” with skills replete,
He’d drop the ball and trip over his feet,
But my heart grew light and skipped a beat,
When I saw Noel Mugavin crossing Banyan Street.
Gold

Hi Everyone, long time and no one has been talking on this platform for a long time. After 2 rounds plus Good Friday clash, the competition is looking shakey, its future. There is a massive gap between the top 3 teams and the bottom 6 teams. Portland is in between, while Koroit and North are your top 2, and Souths are ranked 3rd but are closing in as they beat Koroit other day. Its just the bottom 6 teams have lost lot of players. There are player shortages around the state inc u18 teams, which many dont have teams. Souths have recruited 3 great players and have a gun fwd line, and could be the real deal. Many expert are tipping North Wbool to win the flag, esp with Vardy from West Coast in the side. In netball, Souths are hot favorites for the flag. Cobden and Camperdown will end up merging in next 5 years, while Port Fairy could be dead, merge or go to Wbool dist. Got hardly any young people in town and a very small catchment area. Their admin and culture over the years, is below the mark.

Some concerning results on the weekend. League is too split.

North Warr 206 def Port Fairy 0
Portland 155 def Warrnambool 32
Koroit 163 def Hamilton 41

Some concerning results on the weekend. League is too split.

North Warr 206 def Port Fairy 0
Portland 155 def Warrnambool 32
Koroit 163 def Hamilton 41
Koroit

North

South

Portland

Warrnambool
Hamilton

Cobden
Camperdown
Terang-Mortlake

Port Fairy

Port haven’t fielded 2’s for 3 weeks, some word around they might pull the pin before June 30 (unconfirmed)

A review has been called for the Western Region. That said the issues that have been coming for years have been brought forward by Covid and Putin.

Put simply, kids are declining, volunteers have dried up and players don’t want to travel.

If you’ve got answers or ideas speak up as the game in the region is in trouble.

note the disparity in scores in the various leagues in the Western District is similar. 150 point thrashings occur each and every week

Koroit

North

South

Portland

Warrnambool
Hamilton

Cobden
Camperdown
Terang-Mortlake

Port Fairy

Port haven’t fielded 2’s for 3 weeks, some word around they might pull the pin before June 30 (unconfirmed)

A review has been called for the Western Region. That said the issues that have been coming for years have been brought forward by Covid and Putin.

Put simply, kids are declining, volunteers have dried up and players don’t want to travel.

If you’ve got answers or ideas speak up as the game in the region is in trouble.

note the disparity in scores in the various leagues in the Western District is similar. 150 point thrashings occur each and every week
some teams in the regional get beaten by over 200 quite often. lot of good leagues with good clubs struggle to have unders teams, as kids today are not interested in football. suburban footy in melbourne has same problems 2. Koroit are way 2 good for the Hampden league and are hot favorites again. North will meet them in the granny again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season off to a good start, teams seem much more even this year and Cobden on the rise. Good wins against Koroit and Hamilton.
Excited for it to keep progressing this year.

Dunkeld hosting Hampden League, who would have thought! Is Glenthompson still being used by glendunk? Hopefully they use it a bit more this season seeing as the Dunkeld ground will be fairly used, specially in the depths of winter! Would have been nice if Hamilton could have used a few more local grounds like Penshurst and Macarthur seeing as they are on the way to alot of the teams. But logistics with fixturing probably difficult

Dunkeld hosting Hampden League, who would have thought! Is Glenthompson still being used by glendunk? Hopefully they use it a bit more this season seeing as the Dunkeld ground will be fairly used, specially in the depths of winter! Would have been nice if Hamilton could have used a few more local grounds like Penshurst and Macarthur seeing as they are on the way to alot of the teams. But logistics with fixturing probably difficult
Glen / Dunkeld play the first 4 games at Dunkeld then the last 4 at Glenthompson - 2022 MDFL GF was at Glenthompson

Hamilton Kangaroos are training at tge Friendlies which is average at best

Glen / Dunkeld play the first 4 games at Dunkeld then the last 4 at Glenthompson - 2022 MDFL GF was at Glenthompson

Hamilton Kangaroos are training at tge Friendlies which is average at best

South getting an upgrade. About time. Good location. Surprised at the lack of development for this oval over the past 10 years. (Been more than 10 obv but should have been upgraded along time ago)

Screenshot 2024-02-07 125500.png
is that the aaron black from west perth or the one that played with geelong and north melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back