Team Captain
May 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Diego Chargers
Hey everyone.
My best friend Clint has Cerebral Palsy and we are trying to raise money for him to play in the All-In for Cerebal Palsy Tournament in Las Vegas December 10th.

I have contacted a few places about getting sponsored and talking with some AFL teams to get some stuff signed for auction.

If you could assist in helping or know of anyone who wouldn't mind helping Clint out feel free to donate.

http://funds.gofundme.com/Clints-All-In-For-CP

Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Clints-All-In-for-Cerebral-Palsy/210800112292233?sk=wall

Clint was in the June 10th edition of Australian Poker Weekly as well.
Pass this on if you would like.

Considering this seems to be an annual event, is there a reason why you can't find 3 people close to Clint to put aside 30 a week, or 6 people to put aside 15 etc for the next year to fund this trip?

Or simply find the 5k between yourself, him, and family + friends this year...

For all the mentioning of cerebral palsy, only a mere 5% of the money you are aiming to raise is guaranteed to go towards a charity.

If you (and Clint) want to do something admiral, I'd suggest you and his family raise the funds for him to attend next year yourselves (as you should already be doing), then use his story to raise awareness and donations for cerebral palsy in which 100% goes towards a charity.

As it is you are just seeking a free trip for your mate, and despite your intentions, I don't see how you can think this is a worthy cause to be asking for donations from strangers, over something like Make A Wish or even a cerebral palsy charity for instance.

Depending on the amount that we raise, if we don't raise enough we will save the rest for next year.

We have spoken to the All-In for CP charity event in Las Vegas and they want Clint there, they would pay for him to attend, but cannot afford it at this time, but if circumstances change, they will let us know.

The charity event in December raises about $400,000 for Cerebral Palsy research which is fantastic.
We are not raising money for Clint to have a free trip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back