Hidden 60’s and 70’s Gems

Remove this Banner Ad

'Hidden' is hard to define. ;)

Here's one of my favorites. They're from the early 60s, small resurgence in the 80s in the Seattle area. I remember seeing them a few times around town in those days. Lots of reshuffling early on. Ultra garage surf punks :)

The Sonics

written by same black crooner who wrote Louie, Louie - Richard Berry :thumbsu:

Awesome post.

Their version of "Do You Love Me" with the volume up strips paint off the walls. And causes eyeballs of those who've never heard of them to explode.

Awesome post.

Their version of "Do You Love Me" with the volume up strips paint off the walls. And causes eyeballs of those who've never heard of them to explode.
Yep they rocked hard and rough. Well produce as well, caught the fire on tape.
I think its a bit of a misassumption to think musician didn't really rock out until Hendrix or distortion or heavy metal. The guys in the late 50s early 60s could lay it down. It may not have been the earsplitting volumes but the attitude and the beat were there. One of best and first concert experiences for me was the Beach Boys in 76, I was 15. Brian was back with them and it was an incredibly influential show for me. In a big basketball arena, everyone all the way up to the rafters was on their feet a bouncing and dancing.
Have seen Ventures, Link Wray, Ricky Nelson and some others in school auditoriums. They rocked. It's all in the attitude, and didn't rely on the gear. Those early days were all about rock n roll.
Saw a few Sonics gigs before I shipped out end of 80s, in taverns or festivals, still a good show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back