Hilton/Shinners

Remove this Banner Ad

Michele

Club Legend
May 16, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hilton (or if you are not talking) Shinners, can either of you clear up something I read on another thread.

Can we still LOSE Hilton? :eek: ie can/will he go into the draft?

Michele

Originally posted by Michele
Hilton (or if you are not talking) Shinners, can either of you clear up something I read on another thread.

Can we still LOSE Hilton? :eek: ie can/will he go into the draft?

Michele

Ok this is how it is, Mark was on a two year Rookie contract for 2000 + 2001. Because he was elevated to the senior list he can't go back on the Rookie list therefore, if the club don't name him on the senior list before the draft we will lose him to the draft....;)

Hilts, he'd have to be a certainty to get a gig. We developed and finally promoted him to the senior list. He showed enough during that time to persevere with IMO. Developing and giving the young guys an opportunity will be the foundation for our success.

Originally posted by Dingster
Hilts, he'd have to be a certainty to get a gig. We developed and finally promoted him to the senior list. He showed enough during that time to persevere with IMO. Developing and giving the young guys an opportunity will be the foundation for our success.

I agree:D I think he passed the test in his senior game, one of the coaches I have regular talks with (BTW I am not bragging it's a fact I do have my chats) thought so too. He kept up the standard and fit in well. I think he was very consisent this year as well as last year. Mark also had a consistent year last year with 8 BOG's and a 3rd in the B&F, to win it this year you would think would be very positive.

Originally posted by hilton

I agree:D I think he passed the test in his senior game, one of the coaches I have regular talks with (BTW I am not bragging it's a fact I do have my chats) thought so too. He kept up the standard and fit in well. I think he was very consisent this year as well as last year. Mark also had a consistent year last year with 8 BOG's and a 3rd in the B&F, to win it this year you would think would be very positive.

Hilts...

Firstly... I am not knocking Mark... I think he has done a great job for the MKs... but do you think winning the B&F in that team is a negative or a positive...

for... Troy Makepeace

againt... Trent Nichols

from where I am sitting it really does not tell us that much...

Anyway... heres hoping the club thinks he deserves a spot... if he does...

Originally posted by Rooboy 96

Hilts...

Firstly... I am not knocking Mark... I think he has done a great job for the MKs... but do you think winning the B&F in that team is a negative or a positive...

for... Troy Makepeace

againt... Trent Nichols

from where I am sitting it really does not tell us that much...

Anyway... heres hoping the club thinks he deserves a spot... if he does...

I believe that it is a positive...but who knows what those people at the club are thinking!:p

For Hilton's promotion :

- Won the B&F in the reserves
- Played one senior game at year's end and did very well
- Lack of other options in key defence posts (probably the main consideration)

Against :
- Wasn't promoted off the rookie list earlier
- Even after promotion wasn't blooded straight away, despite our frailty down back
- Headstart in the B&F because he was one of only a handful whose season was not affected by injury or much senior action

I reckon he should definitely be retained on the senior list, with Martyn likely to depart and Watt still not ready. Whether the coaching staff see it this way, we shall soon find out...

Originally posted by Darky
For Hilton's promotion :

- Won the B&F in the reserves
- Played one senior game at year's end and did very well
- Lack of other options in key defence posts (probably the main consideration)

Against :
- Wasn't promoted off the rookie list earlier
- Even after promotion wasn't blooded straight away, despite our frailty down back
- Headstart in the B&F because he was one of only a handful whose season was not affected by injury or much senior action

I reckon he should definitely be retained on the senior list, with Martyn likely to depart and Watt still not ready. Whether the coaching staff see it this way, we shall soon find out...

I agree (but that wouldn't be a tad obvious now would it!)

With regards to his promotion to the senior list, he and David Teague were up for the same spot, it was just unfortunate Mark but fortunate for David (he's done a great job) that they went with a running player rather than a full back....so at least he was being looked at back then.

Being patient over finding out if Mark is on the 2002 senior list is killing me!!!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by hurricane
What happened to Dion Miles?
He won the B&F, got drafted next season, played a couple of senior games, did a knee, got delisted next season...

I thought he went to a VFL club, but haven't heard of him since. Does anyone know if he is still playing?

He played for Werribee last year but other than that I am not sure.

Originally posted by hilton

Yes he did...(does anyone else remember that loud vest he had on?;))

Yeah that must have been the year that Ed co hosted our B&F and he made a smart arsed crack about that vest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back