How do you buy a house?

Remove this Banner Ad

sorry to any brokers out there.. but in my experience, going through them is a waste of time.

might be good to go in there for a chat/advice etc.. but they don't get you any deal that you can't get otherwise by going direct to the financial institution - and worse yet, they just act as your middle man and add a layer between you and your financial institution - if you're like me and you like to handle things and make sure things are moving along at a good pace, it's counter productive to say the least.

They'll be great when they're trying to get you to use their services and get your commission, but the day you decide to go ahead and apply for a loan, they fob you off to their inexperienced PA who struggles through the whole process for you and does a job that you could no doubt do better yourself. They no longer provide you the courtesy of a phone call and choose to go via email instead, and will rarely answer your calls.

This is one of australia's biggest mortgage brokers i might add.

Never again.

Thanks for the advice!

I am actually going through a credit union that I have been with since I have been 16, so they will know my financial situation pretty well because all my accounts are with them.

sorry to any brokers out there.. but in my experience, going through them is a waste of time.

might be good to go in there for a chat/advice etc.. but they don't get you any deal that you can't get otherwise by going direct to the financial institution - and worse yet, they just act as your middle man and add a layer between you and your financial institution - if you're like me and you like to handle things and make sure things are moving along at a good pace, it's counter productive to say the least.

They'll be great when they're trying to get you to use their services and get your commission, but the day you decide to go ahead and apply for a loan, they fob you off to their inexperienced PA who struggles through the whole process for you and does a job that you could no doubt do better yourself. They no longer provide you the courtesy of a phone call and choose to go via email instead, and will rarely answer your calls.

This is one of australia's biggest mortgage brokers i might add.

Never again.

Each to their own. I won't say there aren't bad brokers out there because there are.

When people ask me why should they use me and not go direct to the lender, I tell them basically I do all the legwork and chasing on their behalf, and can work after hours/weekends. If they have time to organise meetings with different lenders during weekday working hours before 5pm, then by all means go down that path.

I also tell them as I own my own business as a sole trader, the person you deal with at the start is the same person that finalises the FHOG application and loan documents and mails it back for you at the end of the process.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back