Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
Firstly this is not a dig at spurs but at their former manager.

Just saw it on the Fox Sports Higlights. Santini has walked out on Tottenham after a dozen or so games, and is one of the softest acts i have ever seen by a professional in football. It shows how mentally weak the man is, and shorly no other top club would give him a job after that stunt.

Santini you absolute soft ********.

Palace03 said:
Firstly this is not a dig at spurs but at their former manager.

Just saw it on the Fox Sports Higlights. Santini has walked out on Tottenham after a dozen or so games, and is one of the softest acts i have ever seen by a professional in football. It shows how mentally weak the man is, and shorly no other top club would give him a job after that stunt.

Santini you absolute soft ********.

Tell me then, what was is reason for leaving? He quoted personal reasons, if you know the real reason tell me.

Ok as a Gooner I've got no reason to defend anyone at tha club but I don't think Santini is soft I just think his position was untenable.

They've given personal reasons for his leaving because his stepmother is ill, but everyone is pretty clear that this is a smokescreen.

Basically Spurs thought they wold be clever & try to adopt the european syste of having a coach (Santini) with a general manager/director(Frank Arnessen(sp?)) of football above him who arranges transfers ect.

Secondly they brough in Martin Jol, a close friend of Arnessen's as assistant coach but of course like all managers/chief coaches Santini had his own right hand man, another Frenchie.

Even during preseason the tension of the situation showed, when Santini was asked about what players he might buy he snapped 'ask Frank'.

Michael Carrick was bought by Arnessen against Santini's wishes & that's why he didn't play him.

Training at Tottenham would sometimes invovle Santini & his assistant working the players whilst Arnessen & Jol stood together looking on.Not a good vibe.

After the recent run of bad results a meeting was called where Arnessen said that he didn't like Santini's negative play & that Tottenham needed to play more attacking footbal, Santini told him that he believed in getting the defensive fondations built first.He asked a director who was at the metting what he thought & he said that he agreed with Arnessen, at this point Santini realsied that he didn't have the support of the board or of his direct boss Frank Arnessen.
He was also unhappy that he felt he was being lumbered with players that he didn't want.

Personally I think that he had to go, either you come as coach/manager & are given comlete control of playing matters or you work in a system like Spurs have but know who's in charge of what.If Martin Jol takes over as coach then that wil mae sense, he's worked with Arnessen before, they respect one another , probably have simlar views & he will have no problems accepting the players that are bought for him, effectively he's a coach not a manager, unlike most in England who are manager-coaches.

But if Spurs want to get another manager in then whoever it is, if they're any good probably won't accept Arnessen telling them how the team should play & buying the players for them.

djgk53 said:
Tell me then, what was is reason for leaving? He quoted personal reasons, if you know the real reason tell me.

If it was personal reasons, which has been reported then why not take leave, instead of just leaving. It got to hard for him and he took the easy way out.

Palace03 said:
If it was personal reasons, which has been reported then why not take leave, instead of just leaving. It got to hard for him and he took the easy way out.

Considering you know sweet FA about the situation I think you should stop embarassing yourself and shut up.

CR7 said:
Considering you know sweet FA about the situation I think you should stop embarassing yourself and shut up.

My sentiments exactly.

The stepmother being ill thing doesn't sound like a reason to quit your job completely.

yeah apparently his wife also didnt like living in london aswell. Im fairly sure Santini left of his own accord just as im also certain that the spurs board werent sad to see him walk. The reported 3 million buyout is a load of crap imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back