Remove this Banner Ad

Crows_United_FC

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
I just finished watching Jesse Ventura's (I know a lot of people don't take him seriously but I really think he's genuine) conspiracy theory show on Human-animal Hybrids and found it very interesting. Now my question is, do you believe it is possible to create a human chimpanzee or the correct term used Humanzee??

Here's a video of a Chimpanzee born in the 60s called Oliver. Despite being a chimp, Oliver had a lot of human like features. He even had human characteristic.

There's this animal testing facility somewhere in the US called 'Yerkes'. It's apparently 'the Area 51 of animal testing. It's a place that has heavy security like Area 51. You can't see anything going on in this area because they have a area within the fence that's empty for a few kms but in the middle of this area is the testing facility. Apparently they're creating Humanzees that if successful would be way more powerful than man and this is all for power and control. I know things like this sound far fetched but who knows what can be created these days with the technology that is available. Also who knows if they have technology that is way more advance than any technology that we are aware of.

Discuss.

Dunno about the humanzee 'super soldier' program (the HAARP/MK Ultra tech is far juicer IMO) but in medical science zenotransplantation and the breeding of animals with human cell structure IS scientific fact.

From a 2003/2004 Australian National Health & Medical Research paper on animal-to-human transplantation research;

http://www.nhmrc.gov.au/_files_nhmr...human_transplantation_guide_community_e54.pdf

Animal cell therapies

Animal cell therapies involve transplantation of isolated animal cells or cell clusters. They have the potential to treat diseases, such as type 1 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and Huntington’s disease. They may also be able to repair damaged tissues or organs, thus avoiding the need for more invasive surgery.

Research on animal cell therapies is at an early stage. Some success has been achieved in animal-to-animal studies, with good survival of the transplanted cells and minimal side effects. Based on these results, agencies in the United States and Europe have approved a number of animal-to-human trials of animal cell therapies. Some of these have already been carried out; others are either planned or are in progress.

So far, these clinical trials have included very few patients and the results obtained do not clearly show that animal cell therapies are effective. However, in many cases the cells survived well in the recipient and did not cause unwanted side effects. Further animal-to-animal research is now being carried out to discover how to promote the function of the cells as well as their survival.

Animal organ transplants

There are major obstacles to the transplantation of whole organs between species. This was shown by a succession of failed attempts from the 1960s to the early 1990s. For animal organ transplants to be successful, researchers need to prevent the transplant being rejected by the recipient’s immune response (because it recognises the transplant as ‘foreign’ and attempts to destroy it) and also ensure that the organ functions properly. This presents huge challenges.

In recent years, researchers have been using genetic technology to genetically modify pigs in order to overcome the most severe forms of immune rejection. As a result, the survival times of animal-to-animal organ transplants have increased from minutes or hours, to days or weeks. Researchers think that these times may continue to improve as the science is better understood, new modifications are made to the donor animals and improved immunosuppressant drugs are developed and tested.

However, although animal-to-animal studies are occurring in Australia, as elsewhere, there is clearly a long way to go before such transplants can be tested in humans...

Genetic modification of animals

Researchers predict that immune rejection of animal-to-human transplants may be avoided by genetically modifying the source animals, as well as by treating the human recipient with drugs to suppress their immune response (immunosuppressant drugs). Genetic modification of source animals involves inserting some human genes into the animals to make their cells, tissues and organs behave more like human-to-human transplants.

This raises some difficult ethical issues about the rights and welfare of the animals, such as whether the insertion of human genes may make the animal in some way ‘human’, or whether inserted genes cause unexpected side effects in the animals. These issues need to be considered case by case to ensure that the proposed modification does not alter the animal in any other significant way. The aim is to make sure that the animals retain the essential characteristics of their species.

To assist researchers with these issues, the NHMRC Animal Welfare Committee has drafted a new NHMRC policy document on the care and use of genetically modified animals. This new policy has been released for public comment (draft GM Policy; September 2003).

Seriously what good is an army of Chimps against a fighter jet or the same number of people with automatic weapons

I can guarantee whoever takes an army of chimps to war in 2013 loses that war (an army of Higers however....(human tigers obv))

Anyway, I for one welcome our new Humanzee overlords

I heard that there's some AFL sportsman that looks like an Ape? Could he be part of the program?

I heard that there's some AFL sportsman that looks like an Ape? Could he be part of the program?

art_mcguire-420x0.jpg

Seriously what good is an army of Chimps against a fighter jet or the same number of people with automatic weapons

I can guarantee whoever takes an army of chimps to war in 2013 loses that war (an army of Higers however....(human tigers obv))

Anyway, I for one welcome our new Humanzee overlords

In most war zones the chimps could climb up out of the tiger's reach. And chimps can fire guns. I'm backing the chimps.

Plus you would need to keep a herd of wildebeest for the tiger's food. The logistics would be horrendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back