Humanitarian aid

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Frodo
I was wondering about Basra.

Rather than engage the militia in the city why not lay seige to it. If the Basra people want the aid let them boot the militia out first.

And watch the civilian toll mount up ... counter-productive to the task at hand, Frodo. This is about keeping these folks alive.

Yep GoJJ.

Critical moment for allied command coming up.

Already there are Generals whose military thinking is far different to the current plan who are pointing out that the Allied strategy is going to result in unnacceptable Allied losses.

In the Gulf War doctrine was "overwhleming force" - these Generals posit that by hitting the urban based Rupublican Guard units with overwhleming force immediately the war will be shortened.

Unfortunately this will also result in large civilian casualties - especially as the Repuiblican Guard has placed its defenses deliberately in civilian areas - APache Helicopters reported being unable to use their rockets as their rules of engagement don't allow them to much leeway in protecting civilian targets.

Let's hope they find a way to end it before a press is made to change the rules of engagement...

I agree with frodo, if bombing the crap out of the innocent Iraqi's doesn't work, then by god, let's starve them, then after that, well I am sure frodo has another idea. :eek:

Originally posted by mantis
I agree with frodo, if bombing the crap out of the innocent Iraqi's doesn't work, then by god, let's starve them, then after that, well I am sure frodo has another idea. :eek:

You know something Mantis, if you have nothing helpfull to add you should really try just shutting up. By writing what you did all you do is put yourself on the same level you accuse Frodo of.

Originally posted by Hawkforce
You know something Mantis, if you have nothing helpfull to add you should really try just shutting up. By writing what you did all you do is put yourself on the same level you accuse Frodo of.

I have been thinking the same of you for months, so how about you shutting up, I have every right to respond to a thread I think is wrong, the same as everyone else, we live in a democracy remember. OH & I must add :rolleyes:

I have been thinking the same of you for months, so how about you shutting up, I have every right to respond to a thread I think is wrong, the same as everyone else, we live in a democracy remember. OH & I must add :rolleyes:

Despite the fact that you are entitled to an opinion mantis, your opinions, as well as those of your alter ego Dr Grouse are becoming more and more irrelevant as each day goes on.

You have become a parody of everything you initally set out to represent.

You are becoming what you yourself despise.

I certainly don't want to pre-empt the thought patterns of these folks, but I'm pretty sure that the REAL no-war advocates that post here regularly - dreamkiller, RogerC, pessimistic, and some others - you know, the ones whose ideal endgame involves PEACE, cringe whenever your name pops up as a new poster - "How is he going to sabotage our genuine arguments against the carnage this time?"

Your mind has become closed.

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
Despite the fact that you are entitled to an opinion mantis, your opinions, as well as those of your alter ego Dr Grouse are becoming more and more irrelevant as each day goes on.

You have become a parody of everything you initally set out to represent.

You are becoming what you yourself despise.

I certainly don't want to pre-empt the thought patterns of these folks, but I'm pretty sure that the REAL no-war advocates that post here regularly - dreamkiller, RogerC, pessimistic, and some others - you know, the ones whose ideal endgame involves PEACE, cringe whenever your name pops up as a new poster - "How is he going to sabotage our genuine arguments against the carnage this time?"

Your mind has become closed.

:confused:

My mind has become closed, sorry, this thread I found totally objectionable, it called for us to starve the innocent Iraqi's into submission, fair dinkum, you pro war people have totally lost it.

OK Dreamkiller, RogerC, Pess, are you upset by my stance on this post?

My mind has become closed, sorry, this thread I found totally objectionable, it called for us to starve the innocent Iraqi's into submission, fair dinkum, you pro war people have totally lost it.

Also, what is this Dr Grouse my alter ego thing, so can I connect you to every warmonger on these boards then as well. :confused:

Re: Re: Humanitarian aid

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
And watch the civilian toll mount up ... counter-productive to the task at hand, Frodo. This is about keeping these folks alive.

I see your point GJJ but I don't think it's correct. The task is to rid the world (western) of terrorism. I doubt if humanitarian goals are significant other than political. I really think the catalyst for this was S11 and without S11 there would be no war (despite the romoval of the Saddam threat being important).

I am saddenned by the vitriol of Sandie. I think at heart she is not what she purports to be in these threads.

UM frodo, I am hoping you are not as you portray yourself here, starving people unless they get rid of a dictator, hell they haven't been able to do it for 20 years, do you honestly think starving them is going to work.

Vitriol frodo, where was the vitriol. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UM frodo, I am hoping you are not as you portray yourself here, starving people unless they get rid of a dictator, hell they haven't been able to do it for 20 years, do you honestly think starving them is going to work.

Vitriol frodo, where was the vitriol. :confused:

Sandie, I don't think that the Allies are starving anyone. In fact if the Iraqi militia gets out then supplies will be available like never before. In the last 5 years 1 million children under 5 years of age have died in Iraq, worse than in most African 3rd world countries. Such inhumanity is what you are supporting and what you would prefer to remain the case.
Sandie, I don't think you really want that to continue or the tortures, rapes and payments to suicide bombers, do you?

Sandie, I don't think that the Allies are starving anyone. In fact if the Iraqi militia gets out then supplies will be available like never before. In the last 5 years 1 million children under 5 years of age have died in Iraq, worse than in most African 3rd world countries. Such inhumanity is what you are supporting and what you would prefer to remain the case.
Sandie, I don't think you really want that to continue or the tortures, rapes and payments to suicide bombers, do you?

Not talking about what the allies are doing, I am talking about your post that said don't give them aid unless they boot out the militia, your words, my reply was asking how they would do that, seems they will die either way. :(

Rather than engage the militia in the city why not lay seige to it. If the Basra people want the aid let them boot the militia out first.

Hmm... how will the people do this? If the militia has the weapons(which I think is a good assumption), the civlians don't stand much of a chance of rising up. Plus, I don't think laying seige is necessary (not to mention it would make an already bad situation worse). If it was necessary to go into the city, I would think the SEALS or some other special ops force would go in.

Not upset but I definitely don't agree with it..............unless it was said with the sarcasm it deserved...........starving people is not the answer just as IMO war is not the answer.

What annoys me most here is when people resort to putting people down, name calling and abuse to try and help their argument or discredit someone else's opinion/post.

Pretty pathetic IMO.

As localyokel and myself have stated previously it will not be tolerated. Sure we won't always agree with each others points of views but resorting to these types of comments doesn't win any points when trying to put points across - if anything it maked the rest of a post less credible.

Unfortunately it looks like some people here on the board have resorted to these tactics recently and may see themselves with a holiday from the board shortly.

I had to laugh about the Dr Grouse reference as I'm sure your not a Collingwood supporter unlike the Dr.

With axes (axes of evil, geddit?) and scythes no doubt. Leave them to it, you say, if they want it badly enough.

I don't know what the solution is, but this doesn't sound like the answer.

That's stretching it a little, Frodo.
In the last 5 years 1 million children under 5 years of age have died in Iraq, worse than in most African 3rd world countries. Such inhumanity is what you are supporting and what you would prefer to remain the case.

Totally agree, DK. Don't agree with some POVs, and I'll admit to getting a little hot under the collar at times. I guess some of us could do with some self-examination from time to time (without the latex glove). Me included.

I'll do my best.
Originally posted by dreamkillers
What annoys me most here is when people resort to putting people down, name calling and abuse to try and help their argument or discredit someone else's opinion/post.

Pretty pathetic IMO.

As localyokel and myself have stated previously it will not be tolerated. Sure we won't always agree with each others points of views but resorting to these types of comments doesn't win any points when trying to put points across - if anything it maked the rest of a post less credible.

It seems that the civilians have risen against the militia in Basra. A few hundred armed thuigs don't stand a chance against 1.2 Million determined people.
This is the best way to get aid to the people and minimise deaths. Waging a street war as Saddam wanted is a recipe for disaster.

The biggest gain is the hope that the same can be done in Baghdad. Cut the water and electricity and wait for the people to rise and kick Saaddam out.

Ignore those blinkered tory gits mantis; our hope is they will wake up one day and see the error of their ways. A forlorn hope perhaps.

As for the ayjit referring to the 1 million children who have died of starvation in Iraq; does the word "sanctions" ring a bell?

Originally posted by Dippers Donuts
Ignore those blinkered tory gits mantis; our hope is they will wake up one day and see the error of their ways. A forlorn hope perhaps.

As for the ayjit referring to the 1 million children who have died of starvation in Iraq; does the word "sanctions" ring a bell?

Do you see what I mean DK? LY?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back