I'm playing online now - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy hand. No HUD, no reads, Rush PLO (which I don't play too much):

***** Hand History for Game 28340931497 ***** (Full Tilt)
$100.00 USD PL Omaha - Saturday, February 19, 11:49:17 ET 2011
Table Vroom (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: yosiv ( $126.55 USD )
Seat 2: DAEMON71 ( $186.85 USD )
Seat 3: SWOOSHYCAT ( $100.50 USD )
Seat 4: wootowner ( $56.25 USD )
Seat 5: iveykid111 ( $42.75 USD )
Seat 6: Hero ( $223.80 USD )
yosiv posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
DAEMON71 posts big blind [$1.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ 9:heart: Q:club: 6:club: 8:diamond: ]
SWOOSHYCAT folds
wootowner folds
iveykid111 raises [$3.50 USD]
Hero calls [$3.50 USD]
yosiv folds
DAEMON71 raises [$13.50 USD]
iveykid111 calls [$11.00 USD]
Hero calls [$11.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 2:club:, J:diamond:, T:club: ]
DAEMON71 bets [$44.00 USD]
iveykid111 calls all-in [$28.25 USD]
Hero calls [$44.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2:heart: ]
DAEMON71 bets [$128.35 USD]
Hero ????

Ugh, what a horrible situation. I guess I should have just jammed the flop?

Seat 6 is the button
** Dealing down cards **
SWOOSHYCAT folds
wootowner folds
Hero calls [$3.50 USD]
yosiv folds
Hero calls [$11.00 USD]
Hero calls [$44.00 USD]
Hero ????

Fun hand. My thoughts by street:

Pre - I probably fold to the 3-bet here 200 deep. Q-high suits are going to put you in a lot of tough spots, and the connectedness while good is not great. I might just fold too much pre in PLO though.

Flop - Assuming DAEMON71 is competent, this is a pretty strong bet. TJx with 2 clubs is not a great board for AAxx, and the presence of iveykid means that you'll be getting almost 3:1 on any bet. Doing this with naked AAxx is pretty much suicidal, so imo he has AcA*c* here a good % of the time, and almost never just naked AA without solid draws. Considering you have position and are going to be able to bluff at a bunch of bad (for him) turns, it's a straight-forward call imo.

Turn - Even if we give him a very optimistic range of AAK*, AAQ*, AcA*c*, KKQ*, we've got <35% equity, and in reality he's probably a lot stronger than that. So I'd utter a few curse words and fold.

Of course if my assumption that he's competent is no good, neither is the analysis, but given his stack I think it's the assumption you have to roll with.

Results?

Pre - I probably fold to the 3-bet here 200 deep. Q-high suits are going to put you in a lot of tough spots, and the connectedness while good is not great. I might just fold too much pre in PLO though.

Maybe. I figured that I had enough implied odds vs presumed AAxx or KKxx hands, but I'm not sure if the presence of the shortstack helps me or not (e.g it might make it more difficult to stack AAxx if I hit two pair or something).

Flop - Assuming DAEMON71 is competent, this is a pretty strong bet. TJx with 2 clubs is not a great board for AAxx, and the presence of iveykid means that you'll be getting almost 3:1 on any bet. Doing this with naked AAxx is pretty much suicidal, so imo he has AcA*c* here a good % of the time, and almost never just naked AA without solid draws. Considering you have position and are going to be able to bluff at a bunch of bad (for him) turns, it's a straight-forward call imo.

I was thinking more about the fact that I have to hit to win due to the all-in player, and that getting DAEMON to fold an overpair may not even help me.

Turn - Even if we give him a very optimistic range of AAK*, AAQ*, AcA*c*, KKQ*, we've got <35% equity, and in reality he's probably a lot stronger than that. So I'd utter a few curse words and fold.

Of course if my assumption that he's competent is no good, neither is the analysis, but given his stack I think it's the assumption you have to roll with.

Results?

I tanked, cursed and folded. The 8:heart: rolled off the river, and my straight would have been good. I cursed some more. Not only was my straight good, but my flush draw was live, and DAEMON took down the pot with a pretty naked looking KK hand. GG sir, GG.

Seat 6 is the button
** Dealing down cards **
SWOOSHYCAT folds
wootowner folds
Hero calls [$3.50 USD]
yosiv folds
Hero calls [$11.00 USD]
Hero calls [$44.00 USD]
Hero ????

I'm no expert, but my thoughts:

Maybe i'm just a nit but i'm folding to the 3-bet pre. Although we have position, it's a speculative hand at best.

We flop a 13 card straight draw and a queen high flush draw, which looks nice on paper. However only 7 straight outs give us the nuts (6 if our flush draw is second best). I like the flat on the flop rather than jamming with what could be dominated hand.

When the board pairs and he leads out it's an easy fold imo. The fact that the eight hit the river is irrelevant.

When the board pairs and he leads out it's an easy fold imo. The fact that the eight hit the river is irrelevant.

No it's not, it's the difference between

obama+smug.jpg

and

FFFFUUUUUU.png

lol @ folding pre. I'm raising flop here I think, flatting isn't too bad tho. Would definitely raise HU but with SS in it's not as nice. That said I think you just have too much equity not to raise. Ez fold as played, just can't call here really without history or some read (ie. knowing he knows you always raise sets on flop)

Also stop playing rush without a HUD lol, it's BR suicide. As my worst day ever can attest.

This may be common knowledge and it might be offered on a couple sites but i'd never seen it before. Have been bonus whoring on random poker skins and started playing on 888 where they offer webcam tables. On which your avatar is basically your webcam, includes sound etc and you can only play on those tables if you use one too. Thought it was super weird and a tad voyeur-y. Girls also have a clear advantage; getting the old creepers to fold for a flash. Does allow for a little bit of extra info so you can apply live poker stereotypes to everyone though.

Lol@ the flop action here.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
Limit Holdem $3(BB) Entraction
SB ($86.81)
BB ($153)
UTG ($233)
Hero ($127)
BTN ($92.86)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:spade:

UTG calls $3, Hero raises to $6, BTN raises to $9, SB raises to $12, BB calls $9, UTG calls $9, Hero calls $6, BTN calls $3

FLOP ($60) 5:club: 9:spade: 3:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $3, BTN raises to $6, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero raises to $9, BTN calls $3

TURN ($78) 5:club: 9:spade: 3:diamond: 7:club:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

RIVER ($90) 5:club: 9:spade: 3:diamond: 7:club: 9:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BTN calls $6

Hero shows A:club: A:spade:
(Pre 81%, Flop 88.4%, Turn 86.4%)

BTN shows 4:diamond: 4:club:
(Pre 19%, Flop 11.6%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero wins $99

PokerStars Game #58129691816: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2011/02/22 22:13:13 ET
Table 'Drymas XVI' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: PeterQuint ($10.49 in chips)
Seat 2: Kavalier85 ($9.30 in chips)
Seat 3: maxxi_op ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: blazzza ($10.23 in chips)
Seat 5: DCFCTheRams ($10.37 in chips)
Seat 6: dr. stampfi ($11.25 in chips)
Seat 8: handicap13 ($5.73 in chips)
Seat 9: incretigre ($8.38 in chips)
blazzza: posts small blind $0.05
DCFCTheRams: posts big blind $0.10
MDEFARIAS: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to blazzza [Kc Ac]
dr. stampfi: folds
handicap13: folds
incretigre: folds
PeterQuint: folds
Kavalier85: folds
maxxi_op: raises $0.30 to $0.40
blazzza: raises $0.45 to $0.85
DCFCTheRams: folds
maxxi_op: calls $0.45
*** FLOP *** [Kh Ts 6h]
blazzza: bets $1.11
maxxi_op: calls $1.11
*** TURN *** [Kh Ts 6h] [4d]
blazzza: bets $2.50
maxxi_op: calls $2.50
*** RIVER *** [Kh Ts 6h 4d] [3c]
blazzza: checks
maxxi_op: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
blazzza: shows [Kc Ac] (a pair of Kings)
maxxi_op: mucks hand
blazzza collected $8.58 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $9.02 | Rake $0.44
Board [Kh Ts 6h 4d 3c]
Seat 1: PeterQuint folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Kavalier85 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: maxxi_op (button) mucked [Qc Qh]
Seat 4: blazzza (small blind) showed [Kc Ac] and won ($8.58) with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: DCFCTheRams (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: dr. stampfi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: handicap13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: incretigre folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Thoughts on this hand?

I always seem to get in trouble when shoving with TPTK or AA/KK.

Here I slow down and check the river. I didn't want to make the mistake of going all in again with just the one pair. Should I have just shoved though???

yeah i check call that river. there's not much you lose to, but there's not much he calls a bet with that has you beat.

plus if you lead out and get raised it's a pretty tough call.

also hard to know without reads. do you have a heads up display?? against someone who calls a lot i'd lead out for value. against an aggressive player you can check and let him bet his busted straight draw, KQ, or xT.....

Thoughts on this hand?

Here I slow down and check the river. I didn't want to make the mistake of going all in again with just the one pair. Should I have just shoved though???

Yes, very very clear shove.

The only reason to check here would be if you're playing against a guy who loves to bluff when checked to, otherwise it is a very safe board for AK. Also, raise more preflop.

Thoughts on this hand?

Preflop 3bet is too small. You give him the odds to setmine with small pairs and stack you when you both hit. I would raise to around 1.20.

I would probably also bet a bit more on the flop. As played, the turn and river are very very benign cards. They do not hit hands that any rational player could be playing unless someone was making a terrible peel with 44/33. Value bet the river for sure. You will be paid off by some kings, and maybe even looked up by a smaller pair.

That's just about the perfect one pair board for AK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe my biggest ever pot. Omaha is one sick game.

Game #- Omaha High Pot Limit EUR 0.50/1 - Table "Derry Max 100BB"

Players(max 6):
Guillotine (EUR 102.41 in seat 1)
Bertus2233 (EUR 195.57 in seat 2)
kaboca (EUR 56.14 in seat 3)
Slinken1 (EUR 154.21 in seat 4)
Hero (EUR 236.66 in seat 5)
Nando80 (EUR 131.49 in seat 6)

Dealer: kaboca
Small Blind: Slinken1 (0.50)
Big Blind: Hero (1.00)

Hero was dealt: Jh - Th - Qs - 9s

Nando80 Raise (3.50)
Bertus2233 Fold
kaboca Call (3.50)
Slinken1 Call (3.00)
Hero Raise (9.50)
Nando80 Raise (35.00)
kaboca Fold
Slinken1 Raise (126.00)
Hero All-In (226.16)
Nando80 All-In (92.99)
Slinken1 All-In (24.71)
Hero Payback (82.45)

Flop 6h - 2c - 5d
Turn 6h - 2c - 5d - Jd
River 6h - 2c - 5d - Jd - Jc

Slinken1 shows: Qc - As - Ad - 3d (two pairs, Aces and Jacks)
Hero shows: Jh - Th - Qs - 9s (three of a kind, Jacks)

Hero wins: EUR 45.44 side pot (with three of a kind, Jacks)

Nando80 shows: 5h - Kh - Kc - Ac (two pairs, Kings and Jacks)

Hero wins: EUR 394.97 main pot (with three of a kind, Jacks)
Rake: EUR 3.00

Game ended 2011-04-06 18:19:52 WST

How much does a an $AU get to the Euro these days anyway?

My sick Omaha hand from a home game last week with some friends and Burswood croupiers. My image is superlaggy because the game is 25c/50c $50-$100 and to be completely honest I am just there to drink before anything else. I am the only one straddling (actually live in this game which is win) and in general just clowning around.

Folds to me in MP with the AKK7 with one suit, may have been two but cant remember. I pot to $1.75. The other deep player in the game (I have $500 he has about $300) repots to $6. Folds to the SB who decides to cold-call (which incidently gets me stacked). I now re-pot to something like $24.50, and the other deep guy raises again to $75 rather then actually potting. SB gets the hint and folds. I tank, probably should fold but I am an Omaha fish, and call.

FLOP: AK6 with one of suit, two of another.

I check, he leads 75, I cry. I tank for about a minute, decide **** it, shove, he insta-calls, I recommence crying, he rolls the AA23 with two suits and wins the biggest pot of the night by far (the next biggest was one I won preflop around $140 instead of this 6 or 7 BI behemoth) I still won on the night, but yeah, that sucked...

How much does a an $AU get to the Euro these days anyway?
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=1...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Folds to me in MP with the AKK7 with one suit, may have been two but cant remember. I pot to $1.75. The other deep player in the game (I have $500 he has about $300) repots to $6. Folds to the SB who decides to cold-call (which incidently gets me stacked). I now re-pot to something like $24.50, and the other deep guy raises again to $75 rather then actually potting. SB gets the hint and folds. I tank, probably should fold but I am an Omaha fish, and call.

Against most players this is only ever AAxx. Good players will balance it this deep with suited rundowns, but unless he is a maniac you can probably safely fold this.

FLOP: AK6 with one of suit, two of another.

Sick flop, bro. It's worse than rags, because your ace blocker means there are only two aces left. I guess once you call preflop (assuming his range includes rundowns), you have to get it in on this flop.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=1...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Against most players this is only ever AAxx. Good players will balance it this deep with suited rundowns, but unless he is a maniac you can probably safely fold this.

Sick flop, bro. It's worse than rags, because your ace blocker means there are only two aces left. I guess once you call preflop (assuming his range includes rundowns), you have to get it in on this flop.

haha you quote the post and a smiley is in the link. It happens on some hand history converters as well which makes me laugh.

FWIW it was against probably the second best player in the game, the guy who has and can do it with rundowns. Not sure whether he would do it with AKJT or the like, but most certainlyt QJT9 two suits or whatever.

I am well aware that the flop wasn't great. Monotone and I might have had a fold, but yeah, losing 1200bb pots sucks...

PokerStars Game #58129691816: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) - 2011/02/22 22:13:13 ET
Table 'Drymas XVI' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: PeterQuint ($10.49 in chips)
Seat 2: Kavalier85 ($9.30 in chips)
Seat 3: maxxi_op ($10 in chips)
Seat 4: blazzza ($10.23 in chips)
Seat 5: DCFCTheRams ($10.37 in chips)
Seat 6: dr. stampfi ($11.25 in chips)
Seat 8: handicap13 ($5.73 in chips)
Seat 9: incretigre ($8.38 in chips)
blazzza: posts small blind $0.05
DCFCTheRams: posts big blind $0.10
MDEFARIAS: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to blazzza [Kc Ac]
dr. stampfi: folds
handicap13: folds
incretigre: folds
PeterQuint: folds
Kavalier85: folds
maxxi_op: raises $0.30 to $0.40
blazzza: raises $0.45 to $0.85
DCFCTheRams: folds
maxxi_op: calls $0.45
*** FLOP *** [Kh Ts 6h]
blazzza: bets $1.11
maxxi_op: calls $1.11
*** TURN *** [Kh Ts 6h] [4d]
blazzza: bets $2.50
maxxi_op: calls $2.50
*** RIVER *** [Kh Ts 6h 4d] [3c]
blazzza: checks
maxxi_op: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
blazzza: shows [Kc Ac] (a pair of Kings)
maxxi_op: mucks hand
blazzza collected $8.58 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $9.02 | Rake $0.44
Board [Kh Ts 6h 4d 3c]
Seat 1: PeterQuint folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Kavalier85 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: maxxi_op (button) mucked [Qc Qh]
Seat 4: blazzza (small blind) showed [Kc Ac] and won ($8.58) with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: DCFCTheRams (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: dr. stampfi folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: handicap13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: incretigre folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Thoughts on this hand?

Not much of his range has you beat for mine, its .5/10 so he is calling you down with JJ-QQ as shown and unless you have stats on him that say otherwise most of the time he is raising you on the turn with hands that beat you at this level. The check is good as it allows him to through in a bluff with hands like QJ or make a small value bet with a hand like KQ KJ.

Id be putting in a half pot bet size and stacking off (regretfully so) to any shove. As stated before this is near perfection board for AK.

Shoving the river is infinitely times better than bet calling

+1.

Villian is never going to be shoving with so little fold equity as a pure bluff. Given the passive nature of the hand so far its unlikely that he can shove for "value" with a worse hand. Therefore betting with the intention of calling is bad.

If villian is bluffy or will value bet thin then c/c is okay I guess, but shoving is still a lot better because since he has called twice he has the passive mode on that is for sure.

Knowledge, good to see you around :)

EDIT: With no fold equity, I am talking about the times we bet, rather then check, when we check there is still about $6 in stack sizes left with a pot of $9. That can still get some folds. However, if we bet, ignoring stack sizes we would need to bet at least half pot, which would be $4.50. When shoved on, that leaves $1.50 to call into what is now $18. We arent folding at this price, and villian, while not understanding fold equity, will probably realise that "you have come this far, you arent going to bail now."

I shove, and would shove for up to about $11 effective into $9 until I started thinking about b/f or b/c. The actual numbers Im not exactly sure.

what games are you playing?

Im a 45s (6/12)/180 2/3r/7 30 tabler monday-saturday then i play some MTTs on Sundays (monday morning for us) if i can. I dont feel that the value is there during the week in MTT's due to the larger amount of grinders. Sure in the games i play there are a lot of grinders but you can keep a 30-40% (180s) roi and 11% roi (45s) with out much drama at these levels. Ive considered adding in the 12 180s but there is greater understand at those games so i would need to cut down to around 22-24 tables and my expected hourly would not be as much.

Oh may as well update to include Sunday

mil.png

I pop in from time to time. :)

All you Melbourne people need to hurry up, get the gambool on at Crown and write interesting funny anecdotes IMO.

The old Crown and Burswood threads do make great reading, even if it's just realising how bad I was when I first started, at least relative to now :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back