The dele larmer

All Australian
May 20, 2008
wantirna sth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
cricket
THE WISDOM OF THE DELE LARMER- with all this interest in Irish footballers it makes sense that the AFL start a aussie rules league in Ireland!Then in the future we would,t have to play this stupid international rules game.The Afl sides would then have access to some ready quality players who would be ready to play? The IRISH pick up our game quicker than any other countrys due to our games Irish roots!
Ps then we will have a truly real international Aussie rules series!

1) there already is an australian football league in ireland. just as there is in many countries around the world

2) if you're suggesting a proffesional australian rules competition then...... well i'll just look everyone else answer.

1) there already is an australian football league in ireland. just as there is in many countries around the world

2) if you're suggesting a proffesional australian rules competition then...... well i'll just look everyone else answer.
EXACTLY BLACK THUNDER! TV rites could fund this project as there is plenty of interest in Ireland.

Ireland to get their own Australian Football League. Something about that sounds weird :confused:

Yes, post #2 is spot on.

Why would Ireland consent to AFL. They hate the AFL, they hate our players and coaches, and furthermore they hate the fact that we poach their players, can hardly see a professional AFL comp, or IRL or whatever

Why would Ireland consent to AFL. They hate the AFL, they hate our players and coaches, and furthermore they hate the fact that we poach their players, can hardly see a professional AFL comp, or IRL or whatever
we hate what we fear tiger.
They fear the AFL taking over henc they hate us. In a few years every kid growing up will have wathced the likes of tadgh and Marty Clarke bring home thousand of dollars, and then we will see how much they hate AFL. either GAA goes Pro, or AFL will take precedence, mark my words.

They fear the AFL taking over henc they hate us. In a few years every kid growing up will have wathced the likes of tadgh and Marty Clarke bring home thousand of dollars, and then we will see how much they hate AFL. either GAA goes Pro, or AFL will take precedence, mark my words.

Hate is such a harsh word. In general people I know who've seen it, and not many have, just don't like the game in general.They're used to fast paced tempo games and such, they think that the AFL is boring, the whistles blown every 5 seconds..etc. They think it's a slowed down version of GAA mixed with a bit of rugby, not very exciting. The AFL is given very little coverage over here. To be honest when most think of it all they think about is the fights they saw at the IR games.

The game in general isn't liked here. Not many have seen it and to be honest most who have think it's boring, slow, the whistle goes every 5 seconds.

Hate..we hate attitudes like yours. We hate that they stroll in and take our best players without giving two shits. Ah well, they're amateur, why would they care and if they do care make it pro.
It is very important that ye understand something. Just because the GAA is amateur, doesn't mean that we have a relaxed, sure it's only amateur game attitude to it. It's professional in everything but name. GAA is unique to us, it is our sport that we love. You'll find some of the most passionate fans here. It's in our blood.

So it makes our blood boil that ye stroll in without a care in the world and can just take our best talent for the future. That's one thing, we'll get over that, we want the lads to do well. But it's this I know it all Aussie attitude that we hate. The threat of change it to pro cause we'll keep taking more, or stop complaining that we take all yere players.

Like no offense but how up yereselves and how absolutely full of it do ye have to be that ye think we're going to change something that has been part of our culture for so long. Something that works so well, that we love. The "mark my words" crap is ridiculous. How important do ye think ye are here to think that just cause a few Aussie lads are too lazy and looking for a cheap way out, that we're going to change it for ye. Ye honestly think that it's going to scare the GAA lads in charge into changing pro because a few head over to Australia.

They are the most stubborn people you'll ever meet. They've dealt with worse then then ye. The GPA, players association, had to go on and on and on at them for years to get a few thousand out of them every year. They almost faced a full blown strike because of it. If their own players are barely given a look at what makes ye think yere so important. They have been faced with much more worrying subjects then Ricky Nixon over the years. It makes me laugh how ye perceive the GAA heads, it really does. Ye haven't a clue. Stubborn is an extremely polite and light word for it.

But just because they have that attitude of we wont change pro from the GAA doesn't mean that the fans don't have the right to be upset when a future prospect is gone.

An Irish AFL will not work. It's not liked as a sport or an association.

If the GAA wanted to go Pro it would of by now, the crowds at Croke Park justify it, I think they like their little game and are not prepared to mass market it or lose any more players, and like Ricky Nixon said they loose 2 out of say 60 good players - I think they will just be happy to cop that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate..we hate attitudes like yours. We hate that they stroll in and take our best players without giving two shits. Ah well, they're amateur, why would they care and if they do care make it pro.
It is very important that ye understand something. Just because the GAA is amateur, doesn't mean that we have a relaxed, sure it's only amateur game attitude to it. It's professional in everything but name. GAA is unique to us, it is our sport that we love. You'll find some of the most passionate fans here. It's in our blood.
Why do you hate your players so much that you don't want them to make a good living from their talents?

Now lets see , do they have a GAA competition in Australia , i think so , do they have an Aussie footy comp in Ireland , i think so .

It makes sense that the AFL try to help out with a comp in Ireland , there are going to be plenty of Gaelic footballers coming to Australia and if they can hone their skills in ireland why not ????

Just so long as the AFL show just as much passion with grassroots football in OZ .

If you roam around the world on the WWW you will see plenty of interest in Australian football .

THE GREATEST GAME IN THE WORLD .

Why do you hate your players so much that you don't want them to make a good living from their talents?

Did you not read what I just said. I said that we wanted the players to do well, that we don't hate the players. I mean it's blatantly obvious. Try reading my posts before commenting on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back