Autopsy Is most AFL journalism just clickbait rubbish?

Is most AFL journalism just clickbait rubbish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems so.
Journalists are not accountable in AFL. You may prefer they write things that are clearly wrong or severly exaggerated to titilate you, but most people wouldn't.
When they get things wrong there's no consequence, they got their clicks and so they did good.
There's a lack of ethics.

Journalists are not accountable in AFL. You may prefer they write things that are clearly wrong or severly exaggerated to titilate you, but most people wouldn't.
When they get things wrong there's no consequence, they got their clicks and so they did good.
There's a lack of ethics.
I mean I get what you're saying. I just disagree. Most of the time I would say they are proven right.
And for example if a journo reports that a player is linked to a move somewhere and then it doesn't happen. That doesn't make the journo wrong

I mean I get what you're saying. I just disagree. Most of the time I would say they are proven right.
And for example if a journo reports that a player is linked to a move somewhere and then it doesn't happen. That doesn't make the journo wrong

it's all fake mate

Why do you think Kane Cornes spits out the crap he does? Clicks.

I don't have a problem with Kane Cornes doing what he does.
There is a place in the world for the Skip Bayliss, Nick Wright and Stephen A Smiths of the world.

The problem is there is no accessible real sports journalism in the free to air to counteract it as well.

All we get is ex-AFL players giving there "Expert opinions" that we can all bloody see anyway

Forget the reporters, what about the game commentators. Have to be the worst lot in VFL/ AFL history.
Except for Hudson and Whateley.

Wow weeeeeeee…..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd be surprised if many actually watch games of footy. Why doesn't the afl ban put a ban on contracts been talked about to the start of august, far better for players mental health and we can actually get a mick sheahan, roco come through the ranks that talk about the game. At least cornes talks footy. McGuire, Morris, Barrett, etc have zero idea about footy

I'd be surprised if many actually watch games of footy. Why doesn't the afl ban put a ban on contracts been talked about to the start of august, far better for players mental health and we can actually get a mick sheahan, roco come through the ranks that talk about the game. At least cornes talks footy. McGuire, Morris, Barrett, etc have zero idea about footy

The amount of contract and trade talk has gotten out of hand.
Yes, it’s a part of the game, but the number of hours being filled by discussing them has gotten beyond a joke.

The advent of Tassie coming in means it’s going to be a few years of speculation of who they’re targetting, and of course by 2028, with more players, more contracts to discuss, and an extra coach

Collingwood player wastes time by giving the ball to another Collingwood player instead of the umpire and rightly a free kick awarded to Freo.
But Gary Lyon and the other clowns on Fox think it's a travesty ruining the fabric of the game. Then Jon Ralph chimes in with his usual hyperbole bs. Gmab.
Click bait secured for the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back