Delisted Jack Lonie

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff... Although it means he's extended for a year? Being drafted in 2014 means he already had a contract for 2016.
Pretty typical. The third year is when their value really goes up and can get more money.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/11/20/next-elite-player-afl-club/

The next elite player at each AFL club

St Kilda: Jack Lonie
A small forward with silky skills and a quick step, Lonie was selected with pick 41 at the 2014 National Draft. He could become the next elite forward pocket that St Kilda have needed since the departure of Stephen Milne. Had a special moment with a goal that defies physics.

Jack Lonie to wear #13 next year: http://www.saints.com.au/news/2015-12-21/lonie-proud-to-inherit-no-13

St Kilda small forward Jack Lonie says he is humbled to inherit the No. 13, after being handed down the guernsey from the recently retired Adam Schneider.

The pair worked very closely together in Lonie’s debut season, building a strong partnership inside the Saints forward 50, with Schneider imparting plenty of wisdom on his young protégé.

Lonie comfortably exceeded expectations in his first year, playing 17 games to become a regular member of Alan Richardson’s 22.

The 19-year-old revealed he latched on to Schneider when he first landed at Linen House Centre, identifying the veteran small forward as an ideal player to soak information from.

“It’s obviously something I’m very proud of, to wear Schneid’s number. I had a great relationship with him last year and for him to give it to me is something very special and I’ll always remember it,” Lonie told SEN on Saturday.

CWjxR8JU8AAja43.jpg:large

Proud of "my boy".

Lonie the Pwnie on Sportsday with the tanning salon:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following a season where he didn’t quite reach the heights he set in his debut year, Jack Lonie went to work in the off-season. He ran and he swam, and when he returned for the start of the pre-season with the rest of the Saints’ first to fourth-year players, he made an impact with his improved endurance. He hasn’t looked back since.

Stuck at Sandringham across the back half of 2016, Lonie fought his way back into Alan Richardson’s 22 for the final two games of the season, where he finished in form to build some momentum into the summer and into 2017.

After playing 17 games in an eye-catching first season, the Seaford product added 10 in 2016 but only three after Round 8. He knows not everything goes to plan, but Lonie says the lessons learned last year will hold him in good stead moving forward and provide him with a reference point when the going gets tough in the future.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2017-01-10/lonie-determined-to-bounce-back

After an up and down season Jack is in the seniors trying to hold his spot. He has shown potential over the last two weeks that maybe he is getting his confidence back again like he had in his first year. Has developed into somewhat of a whipping boy among some supporters who always want him dropped but I think he has a future so hopefully he can hold that spot for the rest of the season.

Sent via Imagination, HAL traded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back