barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
Afternoon all, this question could probably be answered by the Magoo's anorak brigade. Is he really that far behind Mike Pyke? Because of the few snippet's of M Pyke i have seen iam quite supprised he is in the seniors, he looks well below AFL level to me at this stage. People will say Mr Pyke is gaining valuable experience by playing seniors but, if Jake is that far behind Mr Pyke that is a bit of a worry as Pyke is not showing a great deal for me even though iam aware it is very early days for him as well. No wonder we are being linked with such exciting prospect's as Seaby from West Coke, who would have trouble dominating a tub of ice cream on a summers day.

His skills are better than Pyke's, but his body is still quite slender. Give Soph a couple of hours to get home from work and see this, she'll have all your questions answered :p

I don't know what you're expecting to see out of Pyke at this stage. I think he's looked pretty promising really and has shown a fair bit in his limited opportunities.

I don't know what you're expecting to see out of Pyke at this stage. I think he's looked pretty promising really and has shown a fair bit in his limited opportunities.

Nothing as i don't get to any reserves games, you see.

Obviously Pyke had the body to play seniors and at 24 needs to develop as quickly as possible where they are taking their time to work with him

I dont know what i need to say about Jake hes got what it takes but obviously wont benefit unless he gets some senior game time
his hit outs are great and can mark well and can kick goals
my only concern is his tackling ability its not his strongest point and he struggles around the ground but then again being the tallest bloke at the club it would be hard to get down there but he tries

i dont know i want him to do so well
hes seriously improved by a lot since when he 1st started at the club
and hes bulked a lot as well

Obviously Pyke had the body to play seniors and at 24 needs to develop as quickly as possible where they are taking their time to work with him

I dont know what i need to say about Jake hes got what it takes but obviously wont benefit unless he gets some senior game time
my only concern is his tackling ability its not his strongest point and he struggles around the ground but then again being the tallest bloke at the club it would be hard to get down there but he tries

Thanks for some insight. :thumbsu:

I wouldnt be too worried about his tackling ability, I dont know of any ruckman who is capable of laying tackles anyway, thats not really what they are there for or expected of them. If he can get the hit outs, handball, take a mark and kick a goal, thats all I would want from someone as tall as him. :thumbsu:

if a ruckman managed to get senior games or was impressing within his first two seasons, that would be a massive achievement

he has no real footballing history, and he's a young lanky twat

his size and athletic attributes will be on show, but it would be some time until it all comes together

anyway he's a rookie, so what's the rush?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back