Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as it doesn't distract him from what he should be concentrating on which is re-signing with us.

Sounds weird but there was this bloke at my school going back a few years. Bit of loner but top bloke. Never fitted in with others and barely talked. But every time a new person arrived in the grade he would instantly become mates and get some talk going. This just reminds me of that with Aish with Mitch Robbo and Christensen. Is he not making friends around the club or is it some weird big sauce controversial comment.

Sounds weird but there was this bloke at my school going back a few years. Bit of loner but top bloke. Never fitted in with others and barely talked. But every time a new person arrived in the grade he would instantly become mates and get some talk going. This just reminds me of that with Aish with Mitch Robbo and Christensen. Is he not making friends around the club or is it some weird big sauce controversial comment.

You went to school with Aish? :O

Brisbane Lions poised to offer James Aish lucrative three-year contract extension

BRISBANE are poised to table a rich three-year contract extension to James Aish to keep the young gun from the clutches of the Crows.

The Lions will resume talks with Aish’s management next month with Adelaide expected to launch a serious bid for the 19-year-old who has strong family ties in the “City of Churches”.

And the Crows’ chase for Aish would only intensify if the club lost one or both star on-ballers Patrick Dangerfield and Rory Sloane to free agency at the end of the 2015 season.

does anyone have an update on how the club is progressing with aish's re-signing, it seems to be dragging on & on ... pre-season is nearly done & still no word either way.
i fear the longer it drags on the more likely he is to go back home next season. what is holding it up, if anything ...

There wont be a "due date" on his signing. He will be following his managers advice on delaying. He isnt over due or late in signing either. 2 year initial contract and we havent even started the 2nd season.

I would hope sometime during the first half of the season, but i suspect it might drag on more than that. He might even want to play a good portion of the season to see how the club is tracking before making a final decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aish holds out on talks despite Lions' approach

TALKS on James Aish's football future remain on hold despite the Brisbane Lions' desire to start negotiations.

Aish is about to enter the final season of the standard two-year contract he signed when picked by the Lions at No.7 in the 2013 national draft.

James Aish is expected to stay with Brisbane Lions despite interest from South Australian clubs

IN-DEMAND South Australian young gun James Aish has put contract talks with Brisbane on hold but the consensus among fans and officials is he will stay with the Lions next year.

A poll on Advertiser.com.au this week asked readers whether the 19-year-old would be at Brisbane, Adelaide, Port Adelaide or elsewhere in 2016.

Of the 900 votes, more than 44 per cent said he would remain a Lion where he played 21 games in his debut season last year and finished fourth in the AFL’s Rising Star Award.

Kent-brockman.jpg

"Of course this is just a Herald Sun reader poll and is not legally binding, unless Proposition 304 passes, and we all pray that it will."

Brisbane Lions quietly confident or re-signing young midfielder James Aish

BRISBANE recruiting boss Peter Schwab is quietly confident the Lions will keep midfield young gun James Aish at the Gabba.

Schwab spoke to Aish’s manager Liam Pickering earlier this week after both parties agreed to delay contract extension talks until after the pre-season NAB Challenge.

Aish is off-contract at the end of the 2015 season and the Lions have tabled an offer which is believed to be a three-year, $1.2 million package.

912248-75a5bd94-d1f8-11e4-b8cc-103b9fcc00b7.jpg

“I have no reason to think he won’t (re-sign) at this stage,’’ Schwab said.

Apparently Schwab didn't not say that he hadn't been told Aish wasn't uninterested in leaving Brisbane and not returning home at some future point. But he stressed that he shouldn't be quoted on that.

Apparently Schwab didn't not say that he hadn't been told Aish wasn't uninterested in leaving Brisbane and not returning home at some future point. But he stressed that he shouldn't be quoted on that.

So hes confident that he isnt unconfident that the confidence he has in Aish not not signing an extention is something we can be confident in...

So hes confident that he isnt unconfident that the confidence he has in Aish not not signing an extention is something we can be confident in...

Thanks, I was having a bit of a trial getting my head around what Ironmonger was or wasn't trying to confirm, or not.....

Trying to ascertain if this is a quadruple or qunituple negative....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back