Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Pick 35 in 2001 draft, WWT boy, captain of our u/18 team. Delisted by the Lions. Struggled to get a game in their midfield - but wouldn't we all? Was playing well in local league and was emergency a few times

Rookie list, I suppose ...

Brisbane are going to have to find replacements for Hart, Voss, Lappin etc in the coming years. So Brisbane's strong midfield is no excuse for his delisting.

You'd think they'd hang onto him if he was good enough. Or at least sought a trade, a la Gram, if they though he had any worth.

Re: Re: Jarrad Wright?

Originally posted by DaveW
Brisbane are going to have to find replacements for Hart, Voss, Lappin etc in the coming years. So Brisbane's strong midfield is no excuse for his delisting.

You'd think they'd hang onto him if he was good enough. Or at least sought a trade, a la Gram, if they though he had any worth.

Remember they have to draft three players at least so it could be more related to that than his ability.

I reckon he would be worht a go as he had reasonalbe wraps on him at the time he was picked up

Obviously not until a 4th round pick or so though.

Re: Re: Jarrad Wright?

Originally posted by DaveW

You could've said the same about Ladhams or Begley or even Shirley with us.

Change of environment might be good. We can only guess, though. The Crows would have an opinion.

I agree with Kristof, though. He was highly regarded just 2 years ago and Brisbane are having salary cap problems again.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jarrad Wright?

Originally posted by ****
And Jarrad Wright isn't?
Is he?

Essendon and St Kilda would have liked to have hung on to Ladhams and Begley but they couldn't. I don't think that's the case here.

I think Rookie is best for him, but he should be a rookie list priority. It's a risk drafting, if for no other reason than it's hard to know how someone has been developing when they've only been playing local queensland league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back