Player Watch #26 Jed Adams – signed until 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice. Like the pick. Decent height and looks to have good foot skills and courage in the air. Hopefully he helps us address 'life after Steven May'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it a lot. He looks well ahead of Jefferson physically, I'm guessing he'll be lining up at FB for Casey from round 1 and no reason why he won't be bloody good at it. If he goes well potential debut second half of the year if injuries happen.

Isn't there one from our academy, and/or Dogga Brown's son? Or is that next year?
Looked it up myself, from a month ago:

The Demons have access to Finn Emile-Brennan as an NGA prospect this year. Considered a potential pick later in the draft, the Dandenong Stingrays defender is part of the club’s Academy given his mum hails from Mauritius. He played three games for Vic Country during the under-18 national championships and was invited to the state draft combine in October. Emile-Brennan’s kicking is his strength. Riak Andrew is an NGA prospect to watch for next year, being the younger brother of Gold Coast’s Mac Andrew. Basketballer Kyah Farris-White has signed on as a Category B Rookie ahead of the draft.

And from four months ago:

Kynan Brown​

Club: Oakleigh Chargers/Blackburn FC

Height: 180cm

Weight: 78kg

DOB: 13/01/05

A left-footed midfielder, Brown is extraordinarily strong in the contest and powerful around stoppages. He can push forward and be dangerous around goals and has one-touch hands and excellent vision. He will be eligible as a father-son to Melbourne in 2023, where his father Nathan D Brown played 146 games and was runner up in the Demons’ best and fairest in 2004.

nice punchy left foot on Adams too.
i like that mark he takes on that big ruckman team mate at the end of that generation next vid, it's like 'outta my way big boy'. shows he's not intimidated by going up a level.

The Demons have access to Finn Emile-Brennan as an NGA prospect this year. Considered a potential pick later in the draft, the Dandenong Stingrays defender is part of the club’s Academy given his mum hails from Mauritius. He played three games for Vic Country during the under-18 national championships and was invited to the state draft combine in October. Emile-Brennan’s kicking is his strength. Riak Andrew is an NGA prospect to watch for next year, being the younger brother of Gold Coast’s Mac Andrew. Basketballer Kyah Farris-White has signed on as a Category B Rookie ahead of the draft.

Kynan Brown​

A left-footed midfielder, Brown is extraordinarily strong in the contest and powerful around stoppages. He can push forward and be dangerous around goals and has one-touch hands and excellent vision. He will be eligible as a father-son to Melbourne in 2023, where his father Nathan D Brown played 146 games and was runner up in the Demons’ best and fairest in 2004.

JT mentioned somewhere that we have a couple of options but pretty certain to use at least 1 of them in the rookie draft.

I dont know whether he was including/considering Finn EB in that - but from what I've seen, I'd be surprised if we dont give him a go.

Kynan Brown​

I loved Nathan as a player. Bloody excited to have his son if he plays anything like his dad.

I love how last night people were criticising Jed Adams for being skinny, now they're saying that he's big and can slot in and play right away and put Petty forward. I've got no idea but I'd suggest that we won't see much of him next year with a delayed start to pre-season training.

I love how last night people were criticising Jed Adams for being skinny, now they're saying that he's big and can slot in and play right away and put Petty forward. I've got no idea but I'd suggest that we won't see much of him next year with a delayed start to pre-season training.

No one knew who he was and was going off his draft photo where he absolutely looked like he was skinny. We cant all be world wide scouts like you and know every prospect, there is only so much time to do some research.

No one knew who he was and was going off his draft photo where he absolutely looked like he was skinny. We cant all be world wide scouts like you and know every prospect, there is only so much time to do some research.
I've never seen him play. But if you had time to say he was a bust because he was too skinny then you had the time to type in 'Jed Adams' into YouTube. His highlights were out there before he was selected.