Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

Swap for Liam Duggan, get it done.

Shocked. I thought they were just not going to even bother trying to keep him

Like wow. AFL definitely fingers on the pulse with that groundbreaker
Tbf it’s worth noting by them

Every chance they waited til years end before putting forward an initial contract

Now we know the ball is in Jed’s court as to leave or stay

Seems to be in good form but can’t get a game
24 touches 100% efficiently 11 marks in the vfl last week
Has to be on the brink of selection. It’s just a waiting game for his opportunity with the Jones/Keath/O’Donnell trio holding up well lately

Id say he has one foot out and Bevo wants to back players who will be there next year id say.
I don’t buy this theory, we’d only be shooting ourselves in the foot. Getting games into him should increase his value at least, and maybe convince him to stay at best.

It’s not like there’s a best 22 vacancy staring us in the face and we’re refusing to fill it with Jedd

I don’t buy this theory, we’d only be shooting ourselves in the foot. Getting games into him should increase his value at least, and maybe convince him to stay at best.

It’s not like there’s a best 22 vacancy staring us in the face and we’re refusing to fill it with Jedd
He is probably beyond being able to convince. I think its a case of O'Donnel vs Busslinger. The decision has been made a long time ago

I imagine he plays if one of them gets injured for example but for now, he wont play until one of them does. Those 3 are set

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is probably beyond being able to convince. I think its a case of O'Donnel vs Busslinger. The decision has been made a long time ago

I imagine he plays if one of them gets injured for example but for now, he wont play until one of them does. Those 3 are set
O'Donnell is quicker and more mobile, Buss the more 'natural' footballer who looks like he can legitimately become a no 1 KPD.

I wonder if the Doggies being mid-table has hurt his prospects?

If they’d banked early wins, maybe they’d be more inclined to rest/manage Jones and Keath to give him a chance.

Or if they were clearly out of contention, maybe they accelerate the regeneration.

As it is, they kind of have to keep playing their “best” team to stay in touch…

O'Donnell is quicker and more mobile, Buss the more 'natural' footballer who looks like he can legitimately become a no 1 KPD.
Busslinger probably more your Liam Jones player which is hard when Liam Jones is a good player

For Eagles, we do have a issue with Barass being better suited to more of a CHB role since his back issues slowed him down and McGovern a bit more suited to the Tom Stewart intercepter role

For us id say he slots into best 22 at expense of boobs like Rotham who have been playing this year as a intercepter despite being softer then ice cream in the desert

Busslinger probably more your Liam Jones player which is hard when Liam Jones is a good player

For Eagles, we do have a issue with Barass being better suited to more of a CHB role since his back issues slowed him down and McGovern a bit more suited to the Tom Stewart intercepter role

For us id say he slots into best 22 at expense of boobs like Rotham who have been playing this year as a intercepter despite being softer then ice cream in the desert
If we didn't have Jones, Buss would be playing now.
He's putting together some really good VFL form and I'd much rather keep him, but being unsigned this late into his 2 year rookie deal makes me nervous.

I watched both games yesterday. Busslinger was impressive in the VFL while the senior defence had no answer for Hipwood. Bevo needs to make the change as soon as possible.

He was really good in the VFL but I wouldn't think he'd be able to play the same role in the seniors? Certainly not a lockdown option at AFL level at this stage, but if he could play as the primary interceptor there's a heap of potential there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back