Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

I struggle to see him in our list next season
Certainly a possibility. Who's out before him?

Murphy
Begg
Kreuger
Carmichael
AJ (Contract?)
Bytel
Steene?
Ryan?

Or maybe retire a few:
Howe?
Elliott? (Back might be too much of an issue)
Sidebottom
Cox? (Contract I think)

On review there is space for him in my opinion especially with a few repeat performances.

Murphy
Begg
Kreuger
Carmichael
AJ (Contract?)
Bytel
Steene?
Ryan?

Or maybe retire a few:
Howe?
Sidebottom
Cox? (Contract I think)

On review there is space for him in my opinion especially with a few repeat performances.
Ryan’s contacted till 26

Murphy
Begg
Kreuger
Carmichael
AJ (Contract?)
Bytel
Steene?
Ryan?

Or maybe retire a few:
Howe?
Sidebottom
Cox? (Contract I think)

Richards wont be going anywhere now.

Murphy is gone
Begg maybe gone?
Kreuger prob gone
Carmichael gone
AJ? Look elsewhere for opportunity?
Bytel? rookie list and they like his professionalism
Steene they rate
Ryan has 2 more years left on his contract.

Please keep those two at different ends! Even the Daicos brothers are easier to tell apart on the field than what those two would be if they were in the same part of the ground!
Hahaha I know, my mum got them confused yesterday a couple times haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think think we have too much depth in his position and he’ll get better opportunities elsewhere.
Big call given he has just played his 1st AFL game and was excellent.

I can’t recall McCreery playing a game equal to that over his 50 odd game career.

Certainly haven’t seen Schultz do it this season.

If Richards can at least hold that level, McCreery is going to need to find a new position.

Big call given he has just played his 1st AFL game and was excellent.

I can’t recall McCreery playing a game equal to that over his 50 odd game career.

Certainly haven’t seen Schultz do it this season.

If Richards can at least hold that level, McCreery is going to need to find a new position.
Agreed. It was an outstanding debut

The one caveat about yesterday being the oppo were sub par.

But Richards did 4 or 5 things with touch, ball handling, quick gives and passes to team mates that were eyebrow raisingly excellent

I struggle to see him in our list next season

Richards? Really?

Off that one game where he did super well?

Feel you've gone a touch quick there. Yes it was West Coast, but you can only perform as well as you can against the opposition of the day.

He was the number 1 pressure player on the ground (allegedly) in his first AFL game, had 18 possessions and kicked 1.2 (should have been 2.1) and gave off a few in what is widely accepted the hardest position on the ground to play well in.

Not sure what more you expected of him?

Right now? As in right this second based on nothing more than this one game? I'd take Richards over Schultz and Richards cost us basically nothing while also being younger.

Hell, up until the last couple of weeks where Beau finally started to show his potential as a mid, I would have even taken Richards over Beau in the small forward role

This guy is significant because we have increased our emphasis to playing a forward half game. We lock it in with repeat entries now, and our fwd line can be congested. But this guy can put in smart, sharp, small kicks into F50 like Grien Miers and find a target. And then theres his clean, sharp hands, and quick thinking. V impressive debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back