Competitions Joe the Lion: knockout goalkicking competition - congratulations LongLion!

Who will kick a goal this week?

• 4 Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 Hugh McCluggage

• 7 Jarrod Berry

• 10 Daniel Rich

• 11 Lincoln McCarthy

• 15 Dayne Zorko

• 16 Cam Rayner

• 17 Jarryd Lyons

• 18 Keidean Coleman

• 20 Jaxon Prior

• 23 Charlie Cameron

• 24 Marcus Adams

• 27 Darcy Gardiner

• 31 Harris Andrews

• 32 Darcy Fort

• 33 Zac Bailey

• 37 Brandon Starcevich

• 40 Jack Payne

• 43 Noah Answerth

• 46 Oscar McInerney

• Medical sub

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Player (/1)AliveTotal goals010203040506070809
LongLion:trophy:15L McCarthy (2)H McCluggage (3)N Cockatoo (1)J Daniher (3)C Cameron (1)D McStay (1)Z Bailey (1)C Rayner (2)L Neale (1)
MSB ROYS:crossmark:18L McCarthy (2)Z Bailey (2)J Daniher (3)C Cameron (2)D McStay (1)L Neale (1)C Rayner (3)H McCluggage (4)E Hipwood (0)
Ray Button:crossmark:15L McCarthy (2)J Daniher (2)C Cameron (2)C Rayner (1)D McStay (1)Z Bailey (6)L Neale (1)D Zorko (0)
Jeremiah001:crossmark:13L McCarthy (2)C Cameron (2)D McStay (2)J Daniher (3)Z Bailey (3)C Rayner (1)H McCluggage (0)
Jim Stynes11:crossmark:10L McCarthy (2)Z Bailey (2)N Cockatoo (1)D McStay (3)L Neale (1)C Rayner (1)J Daniher (0)*
almagoo:crossmark:9Z Bailey (1)C Cameron (2)J Daniher (3)D McStay (3)L McCarthy (0)
Nickimus Rex:crossmark:7J Daniher (4)*L McCarthy (1)N Cockatoo (1)C Rayner (1)K Lohmann (0)
dlanod:crossmark:7C Cameron (1)L McCarthy (1)D McStay (2)J Daniher (3)K Lohmann (0)
KissKiss:crossmark:11J Daniher (4)C Cameron (2)L McCarthy (5)Z Bailey (0)
fuzzi1313:crossmark:8C Cameron (1)J Daniher (2)L McCarthy (5)Z Bailey (0)
PTizzle:crossmark:7J Daniher (4)C Cameron (2)C Ah Chee (1)*L McCarthy (0)
lionshine:crossmark:7J Daniher (4)C Cameron (2)N Cockatoo (1)L McCarthy (0)
Kevvo:crossmark:6C Cameron (1)L McCarthy (1)Z Bailey (4)D Robertson (0)*
LionKing:crossmark:6J Daniher (4)L McCarthy (1)C Ah Chee (1)*D Robertson (0)*
rusty08:crossmark:6J Daniher (4)*L McCarthy (1)C Ah Chee (1)*D Robertson (0)*
David OBrien:crossmark:5Z Bailey (1)J Daniher (2)*C Cameron (2)L McCarthy (0)
Elixuh:crossmark:5C Cameron (1)C Rayner (1)J Daniher (3)*L McCarthy (0)
Paul D:crossmark:5Z Bailey (1)N Cockatoo (1)J Daniher (3)D Robertson (0)*
irel:crossmark:5C Cameron (1)J Daniher (2)D McStay (2)N Cockatoo (0)
Black Magic 02:crossmark:4C Cameron (1)J Daniher (2)O McInerney (1)Z Bailey (0)
BuntonRules:crossmark:5J Daniher (4)L McCarthy (1)L McCarthy (5)
chopperduck:crossmark:5L McCarthy (2)H McCluggage (3)C Rayner (0)
Monkey Daniel:crossmark:4L McCarthy (2)Z Bailey (2)L Neale (0)
Eons:crossmark:3C Cameron (1)J Daniher (2)H McCluggage (0)
ZoBlitz:crossmark:3C Cameron (1)J Daniher (2)C Cameron (2)
lionraven:crossmark:3Z Bailey (1)J Daniher (2)L Neale (0)
Nunez:crossmark:2Z Bailey (1)N Cockatoo (1)C Rayner (0)
Royboy1961:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*C Ah Chee (0)*
SRH17:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*C Ah Chee (0)*
Son of Superboot:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*J Daniher (2)
briztoon:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*M Adams (0)
lelork:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)D McStay (0)
luthor:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*D McStay (0)
ooby:crossmark:4J Daniher (4)*J Daniher (2)
a mayes ing:crossmark:2L McCarthy (2)D McStay (0)
Gadzorks:crossmark:1Z Bailey (1)D McStay (0)
Jivlain:crossmark:1Z Bailey (1)D McStay (0)
The Flying Belgian:crossmark:1C Cameron (1)D McStay (0)
trikster:crossmark:1C Cameron (1)D McStay (0)
Dalions:crossmark:0D McStay (0)
Fizzer Kellity:crossmark:0H McCluggage (0)
Rivanwarder:crossmark:0C Rayner (0)
Tom14:crossmark:0C Rayner (0)
archangel1979au:crossmark:0C Rayner (0)
tony:crossmark:0D McStay (0)

SelectionsCount
Joe Daniher32
Lincoln McCarthy22
Charlie Cameron20
Daniel McStay17
Zac Bailey17
Cam Rayner12
Nakia Cockatoo7
Lachie Neale6
Hugh McCluggage6
Callum Ah Chee5
Deven Robertson4
Kai Lohmann2
Oscar McInerney1
Marcus Adams1
Dayne Zorko1
Eric Hipwood1

AssassinsCount
Daniel McStay9
Cam Rayner5
Lincoln McCarthy5
Deven Robertson4
Zac Bailey3
Hugh McCluggage3
Callum Ah Chee2
Kai Lohmann2
Lachie Neale2
Marcus Adams1
Eric Hipwood1
Nakia Cockatoo1
Dayne Zorko1
Joe Daniher1

Last edited:
And we're back!

Here's how it works: you pick a Lions player each week. If he kicks a goal, you advance to next week. If not, you're eliminated. The next week, you pick a different player. Can't pick the same guy twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You pick a player by voting in the poll. You must make your selection by the first bounce. You can change your pick at any time up until then.

Changes: We'll start with the previous week's team (or, my best guess for R1). When the teamsheet does come out, I'll substitute players by lining up the outs and ins numerically. If your currently selected player is an out, you should probably come back and check you're ok with the substitution. If there's a late change I'll line up those ins and outs the same way.

Tiebreaker: If all remaining contestants get eliminated in a single round, then the total number of goals kicked by your selected players is the tiebreaker. If it's still a tie or we reach the end of the season like that, then we'll call that a tie.

I forgot!: I'll just assume you wanted to select the selected player with the lowest number that you haven't already selected.

Who did I pick last time?: I'll post the list of players everyone else has used so far after each week, so you don't need to post your selections. You can if you like, though.

Prize: If you win you get a nice little badge for your profile
bl-goalkicker-comp-png.1154810

Last edited:
And we're back!

Here's how it works: you pick a Lions player each week. If he kicks a goal, you advance to next week. If not, you're eliminated. The next week, you pick a different player. Can't pick the same guy twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You pick a player by voting in the poll. You must make your selection by the first bounce. You can change your pick at any time up until then.

Changes: Teamsheets not being out until the night before means we don't have a lot of time - so, instead, we'll simply start with the previous week's team (or, my best guess for R1). When the teamsheet does come out, I'll substitute players by lining up the outs and ins numerically. If your currently selected player is an out, you should probably come back and check you're ok with the substitution. If there's a late change I'll line up those ins and outs the same way.

Tiebreaker: If all remaining contestants get eliminated in a single round, then the total number of goals kicked by your selected players is the tiebreaker. If it's still a tie or we reach the end of the season like that, then we'll call that a tie.

I forgot!: I'll just assume you wanted to select the selected player with the lowest number that you haven't already selected.

Who did I pick last time?: I'll post the list of players everyone else has used so far after each week, so you don't need to post your selections. You can if you like, though.

Prize: If you win you get a nice little badge for your profile
bl-goalkicker-comp-png.1154810

Are they seriously going back to that this year? I know they started that way last year but pretty sure we were back to thursday teams by around week 6.

Anyway, put me down for one Cam Rayner.

Are they seriously going back to that this year? I know they started that way last year but pretty sure we were back to thursday teams by around week 6.

Please do use the poll to nominate your choice it's much easier for me to keep track of ;)

They're not, it's back to normal with Thursday night teams for Friday, Saturday and Sunday games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn I forgot about this :(. I'll pay more attention next year

I do this every year - I miss the first one and join in the second round - all we need is for people to get kicked out quickly enough!!!

tip - Harris Andrews total certainty for a goal this week - get on it guys!

And.... I'm back in my comfort zone picking players that don't score.

Damn you Dan - I believed in you!

I still do. You took some awesome marks and banged into opposition players really well. Love that in a big bodied bloke.
He's an assassin this run!

McStay was clunking marks last week. Felt sure he was going to go one up this week

This is why I don't gamble.
🤣 My strategy is to look at who was scoring goals against our opponent last week and try to pick a like-for-like.

Didn't work for me either!

Back