Josh Mellington - Pick 56

Remove this Banner Ad

I apologise for not having anything useful to add here. Just wanted to keep my 2012 man on the radar as he prepares for a big 2013!

Ballantyne, Mayne, Walters, Crozier, Duffy, de Boer.

What does he bring that will move him above those players?

If a forward role is not available, do you see him getting a look in somewhere else?

If a forward role is not available, do you see him getting a look in somewhere else?
His biggest assets are his tenacity and ability to hit the scoreboard consistently. If he can execute both of those things better than some of the names you mentioned he'll be in with a chance.

Not saying he is a cert in a season where we have more depth than ever before. But he has already shown at least as much as Crozier and obviously more than Duffy at AFL level. I think many might be surprised at the extent of changes to our 'best 22' by the end of 2013.

We have a lot of competition in that area of the ground. To be honest I find it difficult to separate them. Mayne and Ballantyne would be pretty much locked in, and de Boer as well although I can see him playing somewhere else. Walters can lock himself in with some early runs on the board, and from the reports is hitting training hard. But there would not be a lot separating them from de Boer down I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back