Delisted Josh Watts (2015-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

being given the number 20 jumper is all the more reason why i hope he isn't a dud, like the other watts. is it the same pressure as being the number one pick? he has a double whammy either living down the name or living up the number.

Last edited:
People always say Jack Watts is a dud, he's not. Just hasn't been as impressive as you'd hope/expect from a number 1 pick. Far from a dud.

Not expecting to see much of our draftees next year apart from Dawson. They are either very undersized or coming off injury plagued seasons. Be following their development closely in the NEAFL. Thanks in advance to all the ressie watchers.

I agree Crimso but still need to identify a nickname – for me Charlie still ‘smacks’ of something else and Johns link, you can’t always get what you want, is classic – and as John would know, Charlie Watts didn’t actually play drums on the recording of that song.

So… I’m thinking with the Lions now having so many players with names starting with ‘J’, the Josh/Jacks/James/Jeds/Jono’s – I think Josh Watts should be our J-Dubya or just ‘Dubya. :D

can someone tell josh to stand still when he's being interviewed ... i know it's only nerves ... but it is annoying & unprofessional.

can someone tell josh to stand still when he's being interviewed ... i know it's only nerves ... but it is annoying & unprofessional.
I agree... I know it's only a forum but it's a bit like the poor use of grammar/punctuation/upper-case etc. on the interwebby, yeah? :p

I thought it was refreshing to see a kid with no pretensions being interviewed about his first impressions and being, understandably, a bit awkward. Seems like a good kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is just 18, cut him some slack! I wonder how many of us would have done the interviews differently if we were 18 being interviewed by a number of media outlets on my first day at a professional AFL club.

What an overreaction lionheart. He's a kid, man. Chill out.

I think there's over-reaction to the over-reaction... the point i was making was that someone needs to coach/mentor (call it what you like) him to be more professional in his interviews. he is only a kid, understandably very nervous, but it's all part of the learning process for him ... he needs to learn all things afl & they may as well start with this.

I think there's over-reaction to the over-reaction... the point i was making was that someone needs to coach/mentor (call it what you like) him to be more professional in his interviews. he is only a kid, understandably very nervous, but it's all part of the learning process for him ... he needs to learn all things afl & they may as well start with this.

i rest my case ...

I agree. Bloody parents these days, they should have had him doing media training as soon as he started to walk. Not only that but what the hell has the club been doing with him for his first 2 days? As soon as het got off the plane he should have been doing media training. Screw getting him settled into new accomodation, meeting the coaches and players. Media training should have been the first thing he did.

I agree. Bloody parents these days, they should have had him doing media training as soon as he started to walk. Not only that but what the hell has the club been doing with him for his first 2 days? As soon as het got off the plane he should have been doing media training. Screw getting him settled into new accomodation, meeting the coaches and players. Media training should have been the first thing he did.

you've just strengthened my case ten-fold (re: the over-reaction) with your attempt at sarcasim ... it was not a criticism just a serious observation ... that has been that has been blown out of all proportion. i agree with all points you & others have made (about age, maturity, nerves etc), I was simply making the point (again!!) that this is something else that will need to be worked on in his professional development

you've just strengthened my case ten-fold (re: the over-reaction) with your attempt at sarcasim ... it was not a criticism just a serious observation ... that has been that has been blown out of all proportion. i agree with all points you & others have made (about age, maturity, nerves etc), I was simply making the point (again!!) that this is something else that will need to be worked on in his professional development

You're overreacting to their overreaction to your overreaction.

:p

You're overreacting to their overreaction to your overreaction.

:p

Damn you, dlanod! I was writing the exact same thing.

Anyway, don't stress it LIONHART. It's just a bit of friendly banter.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back