Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

joshie stammers is in griffith workin at the moment. cobram have been trying to get him to travel back there, but griffith itself have offered him an amount of coin that he would be stupid to turn his back on.

Lancaster Football Club is currently on the look out for a praccy match this Saturday the 25th. Yarroweah has pulled the pin after making the Night series GF and see’s no reason to play us.
Seniors, Ressies, Thirds, A-grade, B-Grade, C- Grade and the U16’s are all after a hit out. We are open to most options as the season proper is just around the corner. Any help in the electronic world of gossip would be much appreciated. A game mid week could even be a possibility. Post a reply if you can help and we can sort out the details on the phone

Practice match report from www.avenelfc.vcfl.com.au

20-3-2006
SWANS FIRST HIT OUT

Last night the Swannos had their first hit out against Tarrawingee. Some new faces to the line up included Andy Croxford, Brian Griffin and Ronnie Sumiak from Heathcote. Tarrawingee jumped the Swans early in the game with some good running football, they had plenty of tall timber across the ground. Kel Winnel on a wing had a great first quarter as did Grovesy playing out of the centre. Brett McDonald in the first half was absolutely on fire, the veteran certainly one of the Swans better players in the first half.

At half time the Swans were down 26 points, after three qtr time the margin was 29 pts. At 3 qtr time the Swans made some minor moves to mix things up a bit, big Ronnie went down to a half fwd flank, young Jamie Marsh making his senior debut for the Swans was taken out of the pocket he had occupied for the night and was placed on a wing, where he played a great last qtr in particular one really good hanger that all the crowd enjoyed. Subba began to lift in the centre after a scrappy start and Lovey was really having a dip in the guts for his first game back in the red and white. Grovesy lifted again in the centre and before the Swans knew it they had banged on 3 quick goals and were having a crack. Jug was giving plenty of support to Macca down back. At half time our newly appointed joint Captain in Jed was shifted from chf down to chb and ran in hard straight lines as only Jed knows how and seemed to settle the Swans a little bit more. Playing out the 2nd half down back, he finished the night in the Swans best players.

The coach pushed all the fwds up late in the game and had big Clint Cappo and Tommy Stevens standing the square, which seemed to open up the fwd line a bit late in the game and provided the boys with more space to work with. As usual young Nick Clark was battling away on a fwd flank and Archie was running hard as well.

Brett Carroll was giving great support to Grovesy, Subba and co in the centre and was a good contributor on the night. The boys finished the night with 20 effective tackles which was a good sign and gave them something to build on. The end margin was a 7 point defeat, but with plenty of positives coming out of the game, the Swans have plenty to look fwd to in 06.

Goals: K. Groves 2, C. Cappuano, T. Stevens, J. Smith and D. Moran 1.

Best: P. Arandt, J. Smith, K. Groves, A. Harrop, B. McDonald, K. Winnell and J. Marsh.

Doona2 said:
Mate I think Avenel are home (sorry FBP & Grandy). It has been a decade or so since we've seen such batting depth in the SDCA, I just feel they have the best side in it

Apparently Avenel got bowled out for 150 on Sundy. Can anyone confirm this?

Grandale said:
Apparently Avenel got bowled out for 150 on Sundy. Can anyone confirm this?

I was waiting for it . . . Guess my credibility is ruined on Big Footy now!!! Believe Avenel couldn't handle Peterson on either day, 71 and 5 for is an amazing return. I did hear though that Seymour were cruising at 2/200 only to have Joey Amad try his best to keep the Swans in it by running a few team mates out - is that true???

Doona2 said:
I was waiting for it . . . Guess my credibility is ruined on Big Footy now!!! Believe Avenel couldn't handle Peterson on either day, 71 and 5 for is an amazing return. I did hear though that Seymour were cruising at 2/200 only to have Joey Amad try his best to keep the Swans in it by running a few team mates out - is that true???

The old FBP turned in one of the all-time great SDCA grand final performances.
And you're right about Amad...I reckon he was on the Swans' payroll. Absolutely barbecued poor old old Zubby and Bish.

Grandale said:
The old FBP turned in one of the all-time great SDCA grand final performances.
And you're right about Amad...I reckon he was on the Swans' payroll. Absolutely barbecued poor old old Zubby and Bish.

I thought this sight was called big Footy
Maybe we need big cricket so I dont have to read this rubbish

boppin said:

Chill out man, you need a good woman and a scotch.
The boys are only shooting the breeze..

boppin said:

Give us some footy news then Boppin, ya Sad Sack.

greenlawn05 said:
Lancaster Football Club is currently on the look out for a praccy match this Saturday the 25th. Yarroweah has pulled the pin after making the Night series GF and see’s no reason to play us.
Seniors, Ressies, Thirds, A-grade, B-Grade, C- Grade and the U16’s are all after a hit out. We are open to most options as the season proper is just around the corner. Any help in the electronic world of gossip would be much appreciated. A game mid week could even be a possibility. Post a reply if you can help and we can sort out the details on the phone

They will play Ardmona in a 6 x 20 minute game with teams able to play as many as they want. Starting time is 12.15pm at Lancaster.

Ardmona had a pretty decent training session last night, with an hour of intra-club matchplay. In the middle, Lowe and Simpkin were impressive. Forwards Meka, Williams and DeAngelis were in the thick of things. Freeman and Moon were solid. A few other players looked pretty good, but I don't know their names yet!

bradrowe#32 said:
They will play Ardmona in a 6 x 20 minute game with teams able to play as many as they want. Starting time is 12.15pm at Lancaster.

Ardmona had a pretty decent training session last night, with an hour of intra-club matchplay. In the middle, Lowe and Simpkin were impressive. Forwards Meka, Williams and DeAngelis were in the thick of things. Freeman and Moon were solid. A few other players looked pretty good, but I don't know their names yet!

I bet they know yours, though Rowey!:thumbsu: Will be interesting to see how both sides perform and if Troy Mitchell plays for the bats or not. Haven't heard an update on where he's going - though I think it came from the horses mouth that he was planning on returning to Lancy this year.. His name isn't on the clearance list yet..anyone heard anything? Cosby or subtle hustle maybe...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm still not too sure what mitch is doin. played in the intra club last week and trained again on tuesday so hopefully he's pulling the boots on.

T.Perry said:
I bet they know yours, though Rowey!:thumbsu: Will be interesting to see how both sides perform and if Troy Mitchell plays for the bats or not. Haven't heard an update on where he's going - though I think it came from the horses mouth that he was planning on returning to Lancy this year.. His name isn't on the clearance list yet..anyone heard anything? Cosby or subtle hustle maybe...

They are probably wondering who that guy that's running around making notes is!

cosby said:
i'm still not too sure what mitch is doin. played in the intra club last week and trained again on tuesday so hopefully he's pulling the boots on.

Mitch trained again on thursday night. Apparently signed and is also playin the practice match against ardie, at this stage

rowey, reading the gv thread you seem to know a lot about rochester and on this thread you know a lot about ardmona. when you say you are training i assume you mean ardmona. not a lot has been said about them on this thread, can you shed any light. eg is perry still playing, any recruits etc.

Heard The reason why Timmy Ricter left Murchison was he was found backdooring one of the murch member's missus...:eek: and he found it pretty hard to deal with so he moved interstate to NSW...

If anyone is going 2 Gig 2 watch Stanhope V Tally could they post an update on BF 4 us..? Thanks.

About the departure of Tim Richter, the reason given by ORANGE BOY is absolute bull**********, Woolongong approached Tim at the end of last year and they sent up to NSW (at thier expense), and offered him a well paid job, somewhere to stay and a bit of money to go and play for the Woolongong Lions, in the NSWAFL Division One this season.

Tim's a top player with a lot a potential, and I don't begrudge him going to play for another club at a higher level, getting a bit of money, and getting to see a bit of the country while he has nothing to tie him down.

And although he will be solely missed, I wish him the best of luck at Woolongong, and I hope that when (of if) he comes back, he becomes a better player for the experience.

And BTW, you shouldn't post stuff that isn't true, such things have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you on the arse later on.

lancaster had a good hitout with ardie yesterday. five and half quarters.
ardmona seemed to be missing a few, but got up by about 40 points.

Sly Dog said:
rowey, reading the gv thread you seem to know a lot about rochester and on this thread you know a lot about ardmona. when you say you are training i assume you mean ardmona. not a lot has been said about them on this thread, can you shed any light. eg is perry still playing, any recruits etc.

G'day sly dog. Ardmona are travelling alright. We beat Lancaster by about 8 goals yesterday.

Perry Meka is still playing, although he did him hamstring yesterday. He should be OK for round one. There was a rumour that Sleeth was going to Girgarre but he played yesterday. The club picked up Clint Brereton who is very handy. There is also a couple of good young players like Corey O'Donnell and Ashley Hurd. Senior players like Lowe, Simpkins, Moon and Williams are travelling pretty well.

The only significant loss is Mark Young. Dale O'Neill was supposed to be coming out but he signed elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back