Opinion Ken Hinkley Envy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Kenny,God of coaching hey ?

tumblr_mmsebo3XHM1rc3z3ro1_r1_500.gif

I'm starting to really like this thread. Did Hinkley's Port team peak in 2014? They may be getting a similar downhill thing Collingwood got after 2010. Ridiculously fit for a couple of seasons, then flat as a pancake. I know Collingwood made it to the 2011 GF, but they were sliding even then.

Wow I would of thought port would right up there this year.
Somethings not right there.
There not switched on and other team have worked them out.

I have a theory that they tried to transition from working their ass off to win to a controlled routine game plan winning the game too soon. You need to be a great team to do this (Freo doing it this year, we and the Hawks did it in the last 5 years).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just going through a flat spot now. I wouldn't be too worried if I was a Port supporter.

Should they start worrying yet CE?

Heck they looked so far off the pace today it wasn't funny, three losses at home and a very average percentage, if they don't turn things around in a hurry they'll be no certainties to make top eight let alone top four, hard to believe it's the same side that came within a kick of a GF last year.

Heck they looked so far off the pace today it wasn't funny, three losses at home and a very average percentage, if they don't turn things around in a hurry they'll be no certainties to make top eight let alone top four, hard to believe it's the same side that came within a kick of a GF last year.

Maybe Richmond are just that good and we have turned things :cool:

They definitely should. Looked awful today. I can't understand what is wrong. Top 4 list; mid table performances.

So does Scott.
Difference is one is in the premiership window. The other isn't. As Kenny is finding out it's way different being the coach of a team with expectations and being hunted than one flying under the radar.

Very happy to have CS with his record of achievement. Oh, and one who can speak the English language well.;)

Could be a bit of Geelong in 2006 about the Power (with Ryder playing the role of maligned recruit Brad Ottens). This might be a year just to forget and they will reload again next year.

I think long term they are looking good. Would still back them to a win a Flag before us and maybe everyone else bar Freo.

I'm suddenly not feeling so 'whatever' about going to Adelaide Oval with the Port-loving in-laws in a fortnight. Looking a winnable game if we bring it.

Port will probably flick the switch when we go over there and produce their best 4-quarter game this season.

They're first quarter against the Hawks a month or so ago suggests that when they bring it, they're a force, but they have been so down in most games, not running anywhere near as well as last year and confidence is shot.

No doubt if we lose over at Port in a couple of weeks this thread will be bumped. But it wouldn't mean squat, two teams at different stages of list development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back