Lachie Whitfield and GWS Officials Under Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 18, 2007
On a 3-hour tour
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Fighting Illini
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-over-drugs-allegations-20160829-gr41b6.html

Former number one draft pick Lachie Whitfield has been investigated for deliberately hiding from drug testers with the help of two former Greater Western Sydney football officials.

The AFL has completed an investigation into the matter and is considering what if any action to take against Whitfield and former football manager Graeme Allan and welfare manager Craig Lambert.

I remember Cylon saying years ago (when this all started) that one of the reasons her lad couldn't get a look in was because he'd been told by GWS officials to use specific "supplements" and he wouldn't and they reported it to the AFL. Wonder if there's some legs in that after all?

Let me see. AFL pet project, #1 draft pick... official line will be "Nothing to see here folks, move along please".
Isnt there normally some punishment for Adelaide involved in these matters ??? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this happened in May last year and the AFL are still considering what action to take, "if any". AFL running true to form.

Sounds almost like someone's trying to upset GWS. Wouldn't want to piss all that potential finals ticket lucre away by having to hold a prelim at Spotless.

Edit: Accept that "his then girlfriend" prompted the AFL investigation and may well be the source for this article.

Last edited:
Illicit. Bit hard to find someone guilty of hiding from drug testers who weren't there.
He's in the s**t though because he dodged a drug test, it might have well only been that he had illicit drugs in him, but by dodging it they are claiming that he bounced because it might have been to hide performance enhancing drugs.

He's in the s**t though because he dodged a drug test, it might have well only been that he had illicit drugs in him, but by dodging it they are claiming that he bounced because it might have been to hide performance enhancing drugs.
I don't think he dodged anything
The article says testers weren't looking at him at all.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Why would you deliberately try and hide from the AFL Illicit drug testing given a strike is such a low punishment. Unless he was on 1 or 2 strikes already, which seems unlikely.

Interesting that he missed the round 8 clash in May last year with an illness. Was he ill pre or post taking something? Did he miss the game to avoid having a match day test for substances that are illegal on match days?

A lot of questions and given this has leaked (and who knows why it has!) there needs to be some good answers. I'd expect he'd get a strike.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back