Ladder position this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim_in_Philly

Team Captain
Nov 2, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
OK, Swannies, where will we finish at the end of the H&A this season?

I'll punt for 4th as I think there are good signs from recent weeks plus several other sides may well be on the way down. Let's hope we get into the habit of WINNING the close games.

I'm predicting a similar position too, I'm probably as confident just yet, I'm predicting about 5th or 6th. Hopefully, we've already suffered the worst of our injuries, we can't afford too many more!

I'm hoping for 4th

...but realistically I think 7th will be our best effort.

We have a good list this year, as good as anybody else i think, but I can see problems, the main ones being

1) Forwards who struggle to take contested marks at the top of the 50m circle, and, much more worrying -

2) Our overall lack of skill.

Compared to some of 'slicker' teams about at the moment we are clumsy, ham fisted, can't catch, can't position properly, can't handball accurately and can't stay on our feet enough.

The worst thing is that the team seems to think they are much more skillful than they really are - which leads to some pretty diabolical situations on the paddock.

Memo to my team : Keep it simple and stupid, do the one percenters, don't handball more than twice in succession, don't over finess when in possession and above all remember the Swans are gritty - not pretty.

cheers

I think wherever we finish it'll be somewhere in the top eight.
I reckon the swans will do really well this year, well better than the last couple anyway. Hopefully we'll finish about fourth

sadly you are correct,bloodstaind.the swannies stuggle to take the hard mark in the scoring zone and , from what i have seen, ball is not the answer .goodes and o'loughlin are great options but they really need that talented /athletic big man to work off.
as for our skill level?we do have a few (too few)gifted athletes but mainly journeymen who work hard but are not individual game winners.i suppose, in a positive vein, most of our opposition have the same problems.
i am picking a top six result and, if injury free and more restrained position moves by eades, maybe a top three.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back