Laidley's Press Conference

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Laidely's Press Conference

RoccaRoo said:
The guy is lost!!

He's FULL OF S-H-I-T fullstop.

Tell me something I don't know :)

However, I'm still interested to hear what excuses he has come up with this weekend?

He basically said there was no confidence and that is why we are playing crap football.

He said he wants to bring in Grima, Schwarze and one or two others, I don'tt think Trotter was mentioned.

Mailman said:
Trotter might as well become a star somewhere else. He is being completely shafted at the Roos

He hasnt exactly done alot to get anyones attention....that would help his cause.
There is a few others blokes that would be ahead of him at the moment.

I wish Trotter was given the same treatment Sansbury gets. Eddie has done stuff all at any level this year and he gets a tidy run on the ball. And does nothing. Again.

Mailman said:
Trotter might as well become a star somewhere else. He is being completely shafted at the Roos

Don't say that, I reckon that if you did a search on exactly the same phrase, substituting the names Dylan Smith, Shannon Motlop, Ashley Watson etc etc on Big Footy you would find dozens of matches.

FWIW I hope he doesn't fall into that category, by all accounts he is not really shining in the reserves and in my book thats what he is going to have to do before I'd consider him hard done by.

Moomba is right. Too many hard luck stories around. He should be busting the door down with good performances in the magoos

Agreed, but he is consistently used as a tagging BP because he is so good at shut down jobs. Against Box Hill, people came on Bigfooty saying he played terribly without noticing that his opponent never got a sniff. He does his job in the VFL, and he is rarely if ever given licence to just get the fricking football.

This is a kid that kicked 5 goals in the ONLY ever quarter he played TAC cup, captained assumption, played for Victoria, was hugely rated before his draft etc etc, and we currently see him in a BP.

- then take the opportunity with both hands when he gets in

Was good against Collingwood, played about 30 minutes the week after and was dropped. It would be ok in a winning side, but we are terrible.

But today, to have Sansbury and Thurley off a wing, on the ball or forward and doing nothing, going nowhere and not even looking like AFL footballers does my head in. We are 2 and 9 FFS.

I heard Laidley press conf, and he said we got rid of 12 footsoldiers from last year who played 50 - 60 games and we went and got kids and will play 40 players this year, the players have lost confidence and that is why we aren't kicking well, and was asked if players are playing for careers and he said no, if I wasn't a North supporter I would have laughed at him, I was waiting for a journo to ask about Hay and Rawlings, the problem is the journos don't know what questions to ask him, Dean doesn't inspire me at all.
As much as I can't stand Sheedy at least he says something mildly interesting, Dean has no idea and is slowly leading the club to oblivion, thanks for that Dean, I'll remember you when I have no footy team to barrack for.
Some guy called Chris from Pascoe Vale called in and said we only have one game plan which is drop a man loose in defence and chip it around and then kick it to Thommo, teh other coaches have worked it out its time we changed our plan.
Fall on your sword Dean and fick right off!!!

NorthBhoy said:
Agreed, but he is consistently used as a tagging BP because he is so good at shut down jobs. Against Box Hill, people came on Bigfooty saying he played terribly without noticing that his opponent never got a sniff. He does his job in the VFL, and he is rarely if ever given licence to just get the fricking football.

This is a kid that kicked 5 goals in the ONLY ever quarter he played TAC cup, captained assumption, played for Victoria, was hugely rated before his draft etc etc, and we currently see him in a BP.

Was good against Collingwood, played about 30 minutes the week after and was dropped. It would be ok in a winning side, but we are terrible.

But today, to have Sansbury and Thurley off a wing, on the ball or forward and doing nothing, going nowhere and not even looking like AFL footballers does my head in. We are 2 and 9 FFS.

100% agree NB, if he can't do a better job than Thurley and Eddie just did I'll give it away, he can hit a target so that has to count for something in our team at present, or maybe it might effect out structures being good off the foot ;) . FFS play the kid.

Was he drafted as a back pocket or 1/2 back flanker ?, I've even asked his dad what is his best position and he said he thought in the 1/2 forward area maybe in the midfield later on,(he wasn't having a whinge by the way),with his delivery, surely this would benefit our leading forwards.
He has to be given a go and I mean an extended go, play him the rest of the year, what harm could it do.

Cheers all.

I heard it on Triple M. Based on that he most definately needs to be sacked. He sounded like a loser.
"I don't know what our best team is" - ehhhh how many years have you been coach?
"Our confidence is down, that's why we can't kick" - ehhhh sorry dean, the skills were bad when you got in, and have got worse and now are just inexcusable
"We have got some young blokes in, we still have Grima, McConnell" - ehhhh and how many AFL games between them? how many have they played the entire year? and you expecting them to be the magic cure to your loses!

He ABSOLUTELY needs to go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do u expect a coach to come out an say after games like today ?

U dont want him baggin players, u dont want him saying this and that.....would you rather he came out and just said "we are sh*t" and walk out ? Have a sook like Malthouse, deflect attention like Sheedy or dodge the questions lilke Dennis ?

Lets face it, most of us have it in for him and regardless of what he says, the knife is in.

Fair point Kangafett, but Dean did say we couldn't afford to bottom out and went after mature age players and got Hay, Rawlings and Green and look now we are in the shyte I can't blame Aylett or Pagan or Carey or Stibbard, Dean made the decisions and has to bear the fruits of those decisions.
His day of reckoning is coming only he can't see it.

Re: Laidley's Pressing factors

jozeph said:
He can see it alright Jozeph....step aside and see it from his angle.

Knows he has screwed up, has lost alot of credibility, needs mouths to feed, has a contract to run out, will eventually do a Wallace and walk out on the club in his last season citing he can't do any more to save his blushes better than getting the flick....

The club is not in a position to DUMP him....don't have a 'ready' replacement as the 'cast of thousand' assistants just don't seem up to the almight challenge, know they don't need the HEAT of taking over considering they are partially to blame for the downslide themselves.

The supporters HAVE to be SMARTER in this situation as we can't let JYD's poor management get the better of CLUB's wellbeing. We'll support the players, I know I have, can't understand that they NEED to be passengers against a crap team. Don't mind it against quality opposition but FFS, these next two weeks may be something else all together. Doubt Hotel6 will bother with RISKING his hard earned.

jozeph said:
Fair point Kangafett, but Dean did say we couldn't afford to bottom out and went after mature age players and got Hay, Rawlings and Green and look now we are in the shyte I can't blame Aylett or Pagan or Carey or Stibbard, Dean made the decisions and has to bear the fruits of those decisions.

Rawlings isnt purely Deans decision....if you look at our list over the past few years, it has been constantly been made up of 1 or 2 players who have pre-existing contracts with other clubs which helps us subsidise our player payments. Dont forget, we also went without a rookie list for a year.

Dean might have made some mistakes, but alot of things havent also been in his favour.

jozeph said:
I heard Laidley press conf, and he said we got rid of 12 footsoldiers from last year who played 50 - 60 games

I have heard Dean say this a couple of times now and it is just not true.
At the end of 2005 we had 9 departures from the club:

Retired
Leigh Colbert and Corey McKernan

Delisted
Ash Watson - 7 career games
Michael Stevens - 44 games for North
Kris Shore - 0 career games
Lance Picioane - 15 games for North
John Baird - around 30 games
Shane Harvey - 3 games for North around 10 career games

Traded
Daniel Motlop - 47 games for North

In addition Josh Thewlis was cut from the rookie list

This is nowhere near Deans comment that we cut 11 to 12 players that have played 50 - 60 games.

Re: LIAR LIAR pants on fire

joybell27 said:
I have heard Dean say this a couple of times now and it is just not true.
At the end of 2005 we had 9 departures from the club:

Retired
Leigh Colbert and Corey McKernan

Delisted
Ash Watson - 7 career games
Michael Stevens - 44 games for North
Kris Shore - 0 career games
Lance Picioane - 15 games for North
John Baird - around 30 games
Shane Harvey - 3 games for North around 10 career games

Traded
Daniel Motlop - 47 games for North

In addition Josh Thewlis was cut from the rookie list

This is nowhere near Deans comment that we cut 11 to 12 players that have played 50 - 60 games.

Very crafty research Joybell27 :thumbsu:

JYD is rapidily becoming good at something at least.... A LIAR!!

Ok, LIAR is abit harsh, let's say he is LOSING TOUCH with reality.

North played well last week to prove the players are capable to match it with the reigning Premiers..... a call for HELP !! we can be rescued but not for the bloke that is tearing them apart. Simple!

All I want to know if the JYD's seat is getting any hotter. His pants will catch fire.

KangaFett said:
Dean might have made some mistakes, but alot of things havent also been in his favour.

MIGHT have made SOME mistakes??? :confused: :eek: how about 'the same mistakes??'

Where the bloody hell have you been KangaFett??? Guatamala?? ;)

How can you stick up for JYD anymore when he is BURNING US week in week out??? :confused:

Interesting to hear Ducks comments as Foxtel left Laidleys press conference. He had a swipe at the "play kids" claim saying it is an excuse that doesn't wash. He then said he wasn't having a go at Laidley as there are several coaches in the same boat.
The message was clear though and he is right.
Duck oh Duck - if only you could have kept your private life out of the media last twelve months..........................

Bojangles17 said:
laids reminds me an awful lot like frawley, pretty handy in first couple of sesons and then runs out of tricks clutching at straws in the draft recycling anything he can get his hands on...things can only get better:thumbsu:

Thanx for the lowdown Bojangles17. As soon as we get our situation FIXED, we'll come back to kick your sorry soft backsides. Enjoy your 'JYD endorsed gift' today. ;)

jozeph said:
I heard Laidley press conf, and he said we got rid of 12 footsoldiers from last year who played 50 - 60 games and we went and got kids and will play 40 players this year, the players have lost confidence and that is why we aren't kicking well, and was asked if players are playing for careers and he said no, if I wasn't a North supporter I would have laughed at him, I was waiting for a journo to ask about Hay and Rawlings, the problem is the journos don't know what questions to ask him, Dean doesn't inspire me at all.
As much as I can't stand Sheedy at least he says something mildly interesting, Dean has no idea and is slowly leading the club to oblivion, thanks for that Dean, I'll remember you when I have no footy team to barrack for.
Some guy called Chris from Pascoe Vale called in and said we only have one game plan which is drop a man loose in defence and chip it around and then kick it to Thommo, teh other coaches have worked it out its time we changed our plan.
Fall on your sword Dean and fick right off!!!

Yes I heard it too and I think he must go after hearing that crap from him and hopefully replace him with Carey

He had lost the plot and he is now babbling in the media that he won't know what our best team is until early next year which would be his fifth as coach.

Just pick a team for the next three weeks and stick to it FFS. I doubt anyone would be gaining any confidence from this constant merry go around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back