Remove this Banner Ad

love it or hate it its here to stay

so who doesnt have it yet?
Metricon Stadium
Both the tassie grounds
Manuka
Cairns
Darwin

Very basic at spotless and domain stadiums where it only goes from one 50 to the other on ground level only

MCG and etihad seem to have it nearly all the way around on level 1 & 2

so whats the big deal? why does everyone hate it? i quite like it because it makes the AFL modern and looks good

They can probably turn it down at night. You dont need 6000nit at night, dial it down at a bit everyone can see it without it being blinding.

If they're relying on that to entertain crowds then they're going down the wrong path.
They're relying on it to get more $$$ from the advertisers because it's more visible and they can do more with it, adapting their marketing to different times of year etc. Then because it's there they are using it to do some fun stuff for the home clubs at times.

RE: Brightness I remember they had issues early days at AAMI when it was too bright at night, people in the Members found they were watching silhouettes of the players running on the outer wing. Once the brightness got toned down for night games (need it brighter in the afternoon with the sun shining right on it) then it was fine.

Also I wouldn't be half-surprised if the Hawks hire some LED at Aurora this season so they can still have their "home game experience" like at the MCG.
Kind of like when Port played Melbourne at the "old" Adelaide Oval and they brought the AAMI LEDs with them.

I was in front row of level 2 at the dome last night.

Really made my queasy, especially the level 2 signs. Awful positioning for peripheral vision, and the flash of changing ads and changing brightness did no favors.

I also found it strange that they did not have the same ad the whole way around the ground. This made a really odd "join" where the ads met. Not great when that was in the sight line for play.

It detracted significantly from the fabled game day experience.

You'll all get used to it. We did at AAMI, and we did at AO when there was even more of it.
What I've found interesting is at the MCG and Etihad if you have Toyota on the fence you also have Toyota on the next level up as well.
At AO they're usually two different sponsors going at the same time. But there's no split halfway around the ground.

You'll all get used to it. We did at AAMI, and we did at AO when there was even more of it.
What I've found interesting is at the MCG and Etihad if you have Toyota on the fence you also have Toyota on the next level up as well.
At AO they're usually two different sponsors going at the same time. But there's no split halfway around the ground.
yeh adelaide has 2 going at once, much prefer them both at the same time. Dont like the way they split

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was in front row of level 2 at the dome last night.

Really made my queasy, especially the level 2 signs. Awful positioning for peripheral vision, and the flash of changing ads and changing brightness did no favors.

I also found it strange that they did not have the same ad the whole way around the ground. This made a really odd "join" where the ads met. Not great when that was in the sight line for play.

It detracted significantly from the fabled game day experience.

also at the dome last night for Dogs-Eagles.
You know those warnings they put on the first page of games manuals about sitting too close to a TV and rapid motion images for epileptics?
They need one of those warnings for the GOAL display after a goal's been kicked....

Back