Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty

Pendles

Hawkins

All retiring in the same year will be interesting and settle some “who is better” debates based on who wins the madden medal (Best career of retiring class)

Goldstein, Boak, Hawkins, Tuohy, Walker, Zorko, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Rohan, Martin, Lynch, Liba, Heppell, Pendlebury, Stanley, Breust, Casboult, Howe, Rampe, Dixon, Duryea, Ward, Ducan, Walters, Cox, Shiels, Howe

I'm just listing old people off, I have no idea! There's a bunch of Geelong/Collingwood names in there :eyes:

Last edited:
Richmond could have a few.

Martin - could conceivably retire, go to another club, or play another year or two at the Tigers.

Grimes - almost a certainty particularly as his fitness is now in question as is his spot in the best 22.

Sam Naismith - given his age and injury history he probably calls time on this which was a last shot at an AFL career.

Mate Colina - he's only a Cat B rookie, but has struggled with back stress injuries and you wonder if he might just call it quits and go down another career path. Played college basketball so could look for a lower tier professional basketball league somewhere in the world.

Hearing Nick Daicos is looking to retire at years’ end.

He’s done it all, is already the GOAT - so why tarnish the perfect record right?

Oh wait…

The contested mark thingy.

May go around again after all…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldstein, Boak, Hawkins, Tuohy, Walker, Zorko, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Rohan, Martin, Lynch, Liba, Heppell, Pendlebury, Stanley, Breust, Casboult, Howe, Rampe, Dixon, Duryea, Ward, Ducan, Walters, Cox, Shiels, Howe

I'm just listing old people off, I have no idea! There's a bunch of Geelong/Collingwood names in there :eyes:
At the start of the year I thought it would be Zorko's last but he has been mostly having an excellent year off the HBF (maybe pushing AA squad sort of level). If he keeps that going I wouldnt surprise him trying for one more year to try for a last shot

Brodie smith will be close for us. Milera but not due to age, Murphy same boat I guess and Sloane has.

Surprised Dixons name not been posted, should have retired already

Surely Walker and negative Board figures, Olson and Ricciuto

Gunston may go around again. Breust has been carrying an injury all year and if he doesnt fix it quite likely will retire. But if he can get fit he may want to go again.

It comes down to who they would be keeping out of the team - which at the moment isnt really anyone.
You would think Lewis, Chol and Dear would be the talls going forward, would Gunston be still be worth a list space as a back up only and coach again?

Breust currently isn't in the 22 and may find it hard to get back in unless he finds good form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back