Limestone Coast FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

p

Penola makes sense closest team was in the WBFL and KNT literally has Naracoorte in the name weird to have a league with the town name and not a Naracoorte team, Penola makes sense
Exactly, plus the rivalries that Naracoorte have (e.g. Kybybolite is a classic but Borders as well over quite a few grand finals from the "old" days) would be lost forever. I'm not sure what the point would be. It may be the biggest town (population-wise) in that neck of the woods, but it's not like Naracoorte are dominating that league. It wouldn't be unheard of to not have a team with the league's name though ... I'm pretty sure there's no Horsham team in the Horsham & District League!

Penola could sell it as returning 'home' seeing as they were in the WB for 23 years but also a new adventure for the club with the new rebrand
former captain and coach and club legend and diehard Jaiden Eldridge moved to Penola has has signed on with them as captain-coach he said he would never play against East curious to see if he still stands by that if/when Penola makes the move he has better opportunities at Penola and has been treated better all around a great guy would love him back at the club

Hey Aucklander now that this league has been changed to Limestone Coast Football Netball League should we get the page title changed to 'Limestone Coast FL' and this thread changed to 'Limestone Coast FL Discussion 2024'

Even though technically a South Australian based league now it would be good to see it stay in the Vic country page as the South Australian based footy discussion is next to zero. Or as its a cross border league maybe both Vic country and SA country could have a page each?
logo.jpg

Hey Aucklander now that this league has been changed to Limestone Coast Football Netball League should we get the page title changed to 'Limestone Coast FL' and this thread changed to 'Limestone Coast FL Discussion 2024'

Even though technically a South Australian based league now it would be good to see it stay in the Vic country page as the South Australian based footy discussion is next to zero. Or as its a cross border league maybe both Vic country and SA country could have a page each?
View attachment 1941362
not bad, 2015 looking logo, but pretty good, need to make a msefl thread if possible want to learn more about that league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched east vs Koroit in a prac match couple of weeks ago. Hard to tell how good they actually were because Koroit were just too good. Any news on the Portland v West practice match? Once upon a time the WBFL standard was elite.

West 11:15 to Portland 4:5. West are pretty hot at the moment. All reports are that East are struggling.
Both West and South are fielding two under 17 and half teams and two under 14 and half teams in readiness for next year so that the new teams juniors ( Penola) won’t get smashed.( Have collapsed the u18 u16 u14 into 17.5 and 14.5)

West 11:15 to Portland 4:5. West are pretty hot at the moment. All reports are that East are struggling.
Both West and South are fielding two under 17 and half teams and two under 14 and half teams in readiness for next year so that the new teams juniors ( Penola) won’t get smashed.( Have collapsed the u18 u16 u14 into 17.5 and 14.5)
Didn't know they had that many numbers. Or that Penola juniors predicted to struggle so much.

I watched east vs Koroit in a prac match couple of weeks ago. Hard to tell how good they actually were because Koroit were just too good. Any news on the Portland v West practice match? Once upon a time the WBFL standard was elite.
FWIW it is anticipated by some judges that Koroit are going to battle to make the top 5 in the HFNL this year. Most people have Hamilton at 10th and Portland 9th in their ladders at this stage

juinors look good for east, seinors need to get up to scratch and ressies are near nonexistent (im one of the only players) , 17.5 team with all its players if they don't play seinors could easily be the best team, 14.5's look good,

It might be my imagination but the WBFL is a pissant league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back