Limestone Coast FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Given last year's vote, that is no surprise. A good move in my opinion.
Yep, a good move and I would expect a statement soon from the KNT wishing them well. If I recall, they previously stated that they wanted them to stay, but understood the situation.

So, KNT back to 9 nine teams which is where they were at before Tatiara joined!!! All eyes on the MidSE now ;)

port mac good seniors, decent juinors, netball unsure, tant too small they said they they are out, glencoe meh seinors, decent juinors, netball meh, hatherleigh, good seinors, meh juinors, meh netball, Mt Burr, Good Seinors, Good Juinors, Good Netball, surely its the burr good fit, and there were talks about west and pt mac being too similar and krong and pt mac being 2 sides out there so keep both as if one leaves might take players away, hatherleigh is too far, glencoe is alright but mt burr is perfect

IMG_0505.jpg
some of the new jerseys for 2025, west ditching the griadent going back to old red and blue youlk kit with roo and sponsor on front (this most likely means no pt mac) north new yellow but same, millicent ditch old training kit for tri pannel white base i think, south have pointer v, cast-sand nothing yet hopefully add red, east probs same kit, penola also unsure

port mac good seniors, decent juinors, netball unsure, tant too small they said they they are out, glencoe meh seinors, decent juinors, netball meh, hatherleigh, good seinors, meh juinors, meh netball, Mt Burr, Good Seinors, Good Juinors, Good Netball, surely its the burr good fit, and there were talks about west and pt mac being too similar and krong and pt mac being 2 sides out there so keep both as if one leaves might take players away, hatherleigh is too far, glencoe is alright but mt burr is perfect

Mount Burr …Will that be like Millicent fielding 2 sides. While Port Mac would be more like Mt Gambier fielding 5 sides. Easily have one night of training in the Mount.
Would get down to who is the most motivated. Mount Burr does have a way about them.

Mount Burr …Will that be like Millicent fielding 2 sides. While Port Mac would be more like Mt Gambier fielding 5 sides. Easily have one night of training in the Mount.
Would get down to who is the most motivated. Mount Burr does have a way about them.
2 millicent sides is good and is the way to go in my opinion

This has the potential to completely * the show over there - hope they get it right
You got that right Royboy, but they do seem to be taking their time so credit them for that. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of things over on the Vic side of the border ... any chance Hamilton and/or Portland might be candidates some time in the future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got that right Royboy, but they do seem to be taking their time so credit them for that. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of things over on the Vic side of the border ... any chance Hamilton and/or Portland might be candidates some time in the future?
I would say No at first thought but both look like being uncompetitive again this year which is a bit disappointing for various reasons. Portland just can’t get players to travel due to their location and Hamilton have never made the finals and this year will play home games out of Hawkesdale & Dunkeld while Melville gets a much needed makeover.

It’s getting harder and the bar seems to be get higher each year. I would think Portland would be more open to it but that’s just a guesstimate.

I would say No at first thought but both look like being uncompetitive again this year which is a bit disappointing for various reasons. Portland just can’t get players to travel due to their location and Hamilton have never made the finals and this year will play home games out of Hawkesdale & Dunkeld while Melville gets a much needed makeover.

It’s getting harder and the bar seems to be get higher each year. I would think Portland would be more open to it but that’s just a guesstimate.
portland were, but want more than 2 vic teams and are unsure if thenm moving would change anything, hamilton did not say anything and are staying put due to field upgrades

The vibe I get from Portland is that they prefer the Hampden because of the higher quality, it pushes them to be a stronger club. However as mentioned before, it's really hard for them to attract city players to boost the seniors.

The vibe I get from Portland is that they prefer the Hampden because of the higher quality, it pushes them to be a stronger club. However as mentioned before, it's really hard for them to attract city players to boost the seniors.
Hampden more competitive and even, but most Vic clubs left due to struggling against the mount clubs, really hope to see portland doing better soon same with westerns portlands other club and hamilton

Hampden more competitive and even, but most Vic clubs left due to struggling against the mount clubs, really hope to see portland doing better soon same with westerns portlands other club and hamilton
Hamilton very impressive on the weekend - Levi Dare dominant but he’ll only play a few games. But to be fair the new coach has done a good job thus far and they seem on the right track. Portland got flogged.

Hamilton very impressive on the weekend - Levi Dare dominant but he’ll only play a few games. But to be fair the new coach has done a good job thus far and they seem on the right track. Portland got flogged.
Good to hear about the Kangaroos. Early days, but Portland appear to be in for a long year. Presumably, they can take a lead from Port Fairy who seem to have dragged themselves up after a down period.

Speaking of getting flogged, Penola got hammered at home by Mundulla. Not sure what to make of that. It's only round 1 in the KNT league. Mundulla are perennially strong.

Anyone hearing anything out of the MidSE clubs about going to the LCFL for next year? Penola have clearly stated in social media about the fact that they are embarking on their final season in the KNT.

Good to hear about the Kangaroos. Early days, but Portland appear to be in for a long year. Presumably, they can take a lead from Port Fairy who seem to have dragged themselves up after a down period.

Speaking of getting flogged, Penola got hammered at home by Mundulla. Not sure what to make of that. It's only round 1 in the KNT league. Mundulla are perennially strong.

Anyone hearing anything out of the MidSE clubs about going to the LCFL for next year? Penola have clearly stated in social media about the fact that they are embarking on their final season in the KNT.
I think it’s a bit of a worry for both Penola and who ever the 8th team will be. From what I’m hearing none of the Mount clubs want to give up any of their juniors which is an absolute necessity if this is to work.

Country footy in real trouble everywhere by particularly in far flung areas where quality is thin and travel is significant

I think it’s a bit of a worry for both Penola and who ever the 8th team will be. From what I’m hearing none of the Mount clubs want to give up any of their juniors which is an absolute necessity if this is to work.

Country footy in real trouble everywhere by particularly in far flung areas where quality is thin and travel is significant

Whether clubs want to give up juniors or not it’s about parents wanting to travel to Penola.
8th team should be Naracoorte. Would make it a strong league without much travel. Can’t see a mid south east team having much fun.

Whether clubs want to give up juniors or not it’s about parents wanting to travel to Penola.
8th team should be Naracoorte. Would make it a strong league without much travel. Can’t see a mid south east team having much fun.
It's been clearly stated that the 8th team will come out of the MidSE. Obviously things can change but they probably need to get their head around who it's gonna be soon. Over in the North Central, it's already announced that Nulawil and Wycheproof-Narraport will be merging for next year. By virtue of the hyphen in Wycheproof-Narraport, you can see that there has been a merger in the past. It's the future of country footy. Maybe it's a merged entity that goes into the LCFL? I cannot believe they'll go with 7 teams without finding an 8th team.

My 2c worth is that it's not Naracoorte (too integral to the KNT) unless they are dragged in against their will. Is that even possible? i.e. force them to join???

It's been clearly stated that the 8th team will come out of the MidSE. Obviously things can change but they probably need to get their head around who it's gonna be soon. Over in the North Central, it's already announced that Nulawil and Wycheproof-Narraport will be merging for next year. By virtue of the hyphen in Wycheproof-Narraport, you can see that there has been a merger in the past. It's the future of country footy. Maybe it's a merged entity that goes into the LCFL? I cannot believe they'll go with 7 teams without finding an 8th team.

My 2c worth is that it's not Naracoorte (too integral to the KNT) unless they are dragged in against their will. Is that even possible? i.e. force them to join???
I’ve always been if the view that there was only ever to be two leagues going forward between the WB, MidSE & KTNFL. Long time since I had anything to do with it but from afar it looks like the rebranding of the WB to “Limestone Coast FNL” might give it away a bit

I’ve always been if the view that there was only ever to be two leagues going forward between the WB, MidSE & KTNFL. Long time since I had anything to do with it but from afar it looks like the rebranding of the WB to “Limestone Coast FNL” might give it away a bit
I'm watching from afar as well but it's a good point! The official Limestone Coast "region" is pretty big ... stretches from north of Keith all the way to south of Mt Gambier. That's 250+ km. But they claimed it as the league name for essentially a rebranded WBFL albeit with the addition of Penola. It could just be a work in progress toward something bigger, but with that said ... they've gone round & round on this for a while now (e.g. town league vs. district league) and that seems to be an absolute non-starter.

a lot of signs pointing to mt burr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back